The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Honey Hi (Demo Version) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17712)

Brwn_eyes0511 01-16-2005 12:32 PM

Honey Hi (Demo Version)

Ok, who else thinks the demo version kicks butt?

I mean I love the album version too...but when I finally heard the demo version I went crazy...there are some b*tchin' keyboards from Chris on that song! LOVE IT!

HomerMcvie 01-16-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511

I mean I love the album version too...but when I finally heard the demo version I went crazy...there are some b*tchin' keyboards from Chris on that song! LOVE IT!

For Tusk and Rumours reissues, I've not even PLAYED the "real" discs.....only the bonus ones! :laugh:

ontheEdgeof17 01-16-2005 01:08 PM

Quote:

I miss the harmony. So the Reissue version is not a fav.

NicksIllume 01-16-2005 01:22 PM

I'm not that big of a fan of Honey Hi, but I can say that I like the album version better. I love Over and Over from the 2nd disc. Of course, I'm a sucker for any version of that song.

Brwn_eyes0511 01-16-2005 09:21 PM

Over and Over is a classic to!

As far as Honey Hi, I do miss the harmonies on the demo version. But she has a longer keyboard solo...and there is no guitar...just very acoustic cutdown of the song where you just have a slight drum pattern and Chris on keyboards..and you get to feel the whole essence of the song!

btw...what is she playing on that song (and most of Tusk) dosen't sound like a fender rhodes

Hawkeye 01-16-2005 09:27 PM

I much prefer the album version of Honey Hi.

David 01-16-2005 11:38 PM

Quote:

btw...what is she playing on that song (and most of Tusk) dosen't sound like a fender rhodes

What She's Playing

Brwn_eyes0511 01-17-2005 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David

Thanks David! you are so wise!!! :-) I love that little keyboard. I have heard some who prefer her using fender rhodes to that keyboard! But I like it.

macfan 57 01-17-2005 07:14 AM

I love her piano on Tusk. "Over And Over", "Think About Me", "Honey Hi", "Angel", "Never Forget". But my favorite Tusk song is "Brown Eyes". I think I prefer this Yamaha piano to the earlier Fender Rhodes. It's easier to hear, not as soft. By the way, I like the album version & the bonus disc version of "Honey Hi" about the same.

David 01-17-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

I love that little keyboard.

Or not so little -- it weighs a ton! (Actually, it weighs about 130 pounds.) I keep one in my garage; I got tired of hauling it to practice, but I love playing it.

I miss the sound of Christine's old Hohner. The sticky pads used to generate sound in those instruments dried up over time, & the foam deteriorated. So she had to move on to more up-to-date instruments. But the Hohner fans actually use some new replacement parts for the dried-up stuff, & these work fantastically well. Here's an interesting writeup:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/karenlbec...tml/sticky.htm

Somebody should tell Chris that she can pull out her old pianet, install these new pads for $150, & have her favorite electromechanical piano back in working order! She could even start recording with it. I think the "Live" album is about the only album we have, among official releases, that features her on pianet. She seems not to have recorded studio tracks with it -- it was probably thought to be a little too boisterous to do studio work with.

Brwn_eyes0511 01-17-2005 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
Or not so little -- it weighs a ton! (Actually, it weighs about 130 pounds.) I keep one in my garage; I got tired of hauling it to practice, but I love playing it.

I miss the sound of Christine's old Hohner. The sticky pads used to generate sound in those instruments dried up over time, & the foam deteriorated. So she had to move on to more up-to-date instruments. But the Hohner fans actually use some new replacement parts for the dried-up stuff, & these work fantastically well. Here's an interesting writeup:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/karenlbec...tml/sticky.htm

Somebody should tell Chris that she can pull out her old pianet, install these new pads for $150, & have her favorite electromechanical piano back in working order! She could even start recording with it. I think the "Live" album is about the only album we have, among official releases, that features her on pianet. She seems not to have recorded studio tracks with it -- it was probably thought to be a little too boisterous to do studio work with.

Oh if she uses it in the "Live" album then I think it generates a beautiful sound...is she playing in on "Rhiannon"...I love it sounds in that song...she should buy the replacements! That would be wonderful to hear her playing this again!

Brwn_eyes0511 01-17-2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57
I love her piano on Tusk. "Over And Over", "Think About Me", "Honey Hi", "Angel", "Never Forget". But my favorite Tusk song is "Brown Eyes". I think I prefer this Yamaha piano to the earlier Fender Rhodes. It's easier to hear, not as soft. By the way, I like the album version & the bonus disc version of "Honey Hi" about the same.

I actually think in Brown Eyes she uses the fender rhodes...

macfan 57 01-18-2005 06:56 AM

Quote:

I actually think in Brown Eyes she uses the fender rhodes...

Hmm...I didn't know that. I just assumed that she only played the Yamaha on Tusk. Then I guess I'll have to take back what I said earlier about preferring her Yamaha piano. :)

HomerMcvie 01-18-2005 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan 57
Hmm...I didn't know that. I just assumed that she only played the Yamaha on Tusk. Then I guess I'll have to take back what I said earlier about preferring her Yamaha piano. :)

Now where's that David when we need him? :wavey: :lol: :wavey:

macfan 57 01-18-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Now where's that David when we need him? :wavey: :lol: :wavey:

Yeah I know. He probably knows more about Christine's keyboards than just about anyone except for Chris herself. :laugh: