The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fleetwood Mac Song of the Moment (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17256)

golddustwoman77 12-12-2004 07:54 PM

Fleetwood Mac Song of the Moment

I thought it would be fun if we put up the Fleetwood Mac song that we were into at the moment. You know how we are! We will be extremely into one Mac song for awhile, and then we will be off to the next Fleetwood Mac song. Therefore, I thought it would be cool, if we posted our whims.

I'll start us off:

"The Chain" :thumbsup:

amber 12-12-2004 07:58 PM

Hmmm, I've been a bit off mac lately, but it's still the usuals. New ones i've added are: The whole album of RAL, and i'm pretty into "I sing for the things".
Also in my regular uh, singing are always Edge, Insider, Angel, SDMHA...and often...TEFM & IKINW.

madformac 12-12-2004 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
I thought it would be fun if we put up the Fleetwood Mac song that we were into at the moment. You know how we are! We will be extremely into one Mac song for awhile, and then we will be off to the next Fleetwood Mac song. Therefore, I thought it would be cool, if we posted our whims.

I'll start us off:

"The Chain" :thumbsup:

At the moment I'm blown away again (got the disc out yesterday after ages..) by Murrow Turning Over In His Grave in 5.1 dolby surround... It's so cool hearing LB shouting different things at the same time all around your head... Kinda schizo but cool too! :laugh: :cool:

ontheEdgeof17 12-12-2004 08:05 PM

My song of the moment is Silver Springs. I haven't been this into it since '97.

amber 12-12-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Hmmm, I've been a bit off mac lately, but it's still the usuals. New ones i've added are: The whole album of RAL, and i'm pretty into "I sing for the things".
Also in my regular uh, singing are always Edge, Insider, Angel, SDMHA...and often...TEFM & IKINW.

oops, i guess these are mainly stevie songs... :rolleyes: :)

wondergirl9847 12-12-2004 08:14 PM

Believe it or not...

ISA. :laugh:

Thanks to Nancy and our new Ledgie, Neil (HouseontheHill), on the Lindsey Ledge, they started threads asking about live versions of the songs. Well, I thought I'd do some listening research and I've been listening to ISAs all day. :nod:

I never get sick of this song and it's the only song I have on my iTunes where I have multiple versions on my playlist.

I've been copying all my favorite songs to iTunes so that when I work/surf, I can just let it go and not have to switch out CD's and stuff.

BTW, MFM, when I first heard that 5.1 Murrow...I was like this :shocked: because it was amazing to hear these voices swirling around the room on my dad's surround sound. VERY cool! :thumbsup:

madformac 12-12-2004 08:20 PM

ISA? Christy... I wouldn't of thought that! :D :laugh: :laugh:

Too many cool versions to name, The Dance is the ultimate version for me, Mirage video version is cool with some amazing finger work in there and even lately, as we know ;) , the 29th November Earls Court version was really special too, I wasn't ready for LB to be spontanious in a solo on this tour but that was the moment..... :nod:

wondergirl9847 12-12-2004 08:27 PM

Dude...

I branch out...really, I do!! LOL

I've been listening to lots of stuff lately, but today was ISA day. Now, I'm listening to Danny Kirwan...Misty Rivah. Okay, it just ended and Stevie's TISL version of Sorcerer is on. :)

GateandGarden 12-12-2004 08:28 PM

"Designs of Love"

I LOVE THIS DEMO!

Hillary

Merf 12-12-2004 08:31 PM

Smile at You.

Oh, I love the smell of catharsis in the evening.

amber 12-12-2004 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merf
Smile at You.

Oh, I love the smell of catharsis in the evening.

:laugh: :lol:
Indeed.

WelshWitchPMD 12-12-2004 08:36 PM

Destiny Rules. I just really connect with the words lately.

By the does anyone know what kind of guitar Lindsey uses in that song?

WelshWitchPMD 12-12-2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
ISA. :laugh:

BTW, MFM, when I first heard that 5.1 Murrow...I was like this :shocked: because it was amazing to hear these voices swirling around the room on my dad's surround sound. VERY cool! :thumbsup:

You know what. I have a 2.1 speaker system with my fairly new PC and I just really sat down and listened to SYW and WOW I can't believe how much more I could hear in the songs. It kind of amazed me.

madformac 12-12-2004 08:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Destiny Rules. I just really connect with the words lately.

By the does anyone know what kind of guitar Lindsey uses in that song?

On the album version he used a National Resolectric, on tour he used a Taylor 814CE

:wavey:

madformac 12-12-2004 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
You know what. I have a 2.1 speaker system with my fairly new PC and I just really sat down and listened to SYW and WOW I can't believe how much more I could hear in the songs. It kind of amazed me.

The DVD Audio version in 5.1 surround is incredible, the mix is totally different to the stereo album, you hear so many new sounds and the depth of backing vocals comes through.. It's worth buying the equipment for, really.. :nod: