The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Did Stevie ever "announce" Chris or Lindsey? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=14224)

EveryHour 05-09-2004 01:56 PM

Did Stevie ever "announce" Chris or Lindsey?

I've realized that I've never heard Stevie say "Lindsey Buckingham!" after a searing guitar ending to a song like Christine used to do, or Lindsey would say "Christine McVie!" after one of her rockers, showing the audience that bit of excitement and respect for each other. Lindsey and Chrstine would also do it for Stevie, but I have never heard Stevie do it for either of them. Has anyone else noticed this, or has anyone heard a show where she does it? It's odd.

winnona Call 05-09-2004 04:37 PM

odd indeed

Indeed, now I come to think of it, Ive never heard Stevie announce either of them, maybe Stevie is more of a let-the-audience-do-the-apreciation sorta thing, or maybe she doesnt get that rush of excitment off their performances as much as L. or C. does.

xx

diamondsnake 05-09-2004 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveryHour
I've realized that I've never heard Stevie say "Lindsey Buckingham!" after a searing guitar ending to a song like Christine used to do, or Lindsey would say "Christine McVie!" after one of her rockers, showing the audience that bit of excitement and respect for each other. Lindsey and Chrstine would also do it for Stevie, but I have never heard Stevie do it for either of them. Has anyone else noticed this, or has anyone heard a show where she does it? It's odd.

When have they ever announced Stevie? The only person I have ever heard announce anyone was Christine McVie scream "Lindsey Buckingham!" after one of his guitar solos. I've also hears Rick Vito or Billy Burnette announce Christine after Isn't It Midnight on the TITN dvd.

Sorcerer386 05-09-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondsnake
When have they ever announced Stevie? The only person I have ever heard announce anyone was Christine McVie scream "Lindsey Buckingham!" after one of his guitar solos. I've also hears Rick Vito or Billy Burnette announce Christine after Isn't It Midnight on the TITN dvd.

I have heard it a couple of times...usually after Rhiannon, Christine would yell it. Also, on the Melbourne 1980 boot, Lindsey keeps chanting Stevie's name very weird-like before they do a song, which I believe was Sara. I also think I heard Lindsey shout out her name after a performance of Gypsy during the Mirage tour.

ShangriLaTroubl 05-09-2004 10:26 PM

Christine says "STEVIE NICKS!!!" after Rhiannon from the Mirage tour ....
I have it on Mp3, Im pretty sure its the mp3 from the mirage tour video as well

Chris

Janet 05-10-2004 01:03 AM

God, I think even back in 1975 they were announcing each other. I believe their first shows Stevie was announcing just as much as everyone else. I think each lead got one announcement each by each other.

With three leads, I guess they always felt that so all three got credit for their "best" songs of the set.

Plus each one got their spotlight, their attention.

In the Dance tour, I guess Stevie DIDN'T announce, but I don't even remember. Before that, I'm sure she did, especially in the 70's.

chiliD 05-10-2004 10:02 AM

Heck, back in "the day" (75-78), even JOHN would introduce songs, have things to say between songs, etc. It's this "everything has to be calculated & precise" crap that their shows have turned into since about 1980 that has pervaded.

CarneVaca 05-10-2004 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondsnake
When have they ever announced Stevie?

All you gotta do is listen to the 1980 live album.

jmn3 05-10-2004 02:41 PM

If you listen to Rhiannon from Irvine Meadows in 1997, Christine says "Stevie Nicks!" after the end of the song.

EveryHour 05-10-2004 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winnona Call
maybe she doesnt get that rush of excitment off their performances as much as L. or C. does.

xx

True, I never thought of that...perhaps since she's not jamming on an instrument with them (fabulous tambourines aside ;) ), this is true. Also, she used to leave the stage a lot before the songs ended, so maybe she just wasn't there to do it very often.

AliP 05-10-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD
Heck, back in "the day" (75-78), even JOHN would introduce songs, have things to say between songs, etc. It's this "everything has to be calculated & precise" crap that their shows have turned into since about 1980 that has pervaded.

I know! He was quite the chatty Johnny back in the day (probably due to the alcohol!) but he was always talking. And he would introduce everyone and say some funny things :lol:

estranged4life 05-10-2004 03:45 PM

Yep...

it happened quite alot on numerous cd's through the years. I would be specific but I am too damn lazy today to dig thru and find which ones exactly :laugh:

jbrownsjr 05-10-2004 03:59 PM

I have seen Stevie acknowledge Christine as an accompianist which is very proper ettiquette.