The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Is anyone else loving.... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=12939)

GardenStateGirlie 01-25-2004 05:53 PM

Is anyone else loving....

VH1's Bands Reunited? I absolutely LOVE The show. I really think it might be the best thing that network has done in a looong time.

Who else do you think they should try and reunite???

estranged4life 01-25-2004 07:42 PM

Re: Is anyone else loving....

Quote:

Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
VH1's Bands Reunited? I absolutely LOVE The show. I really think it might be the best thing that network has done in a looong time.

Who else do you think they should try and reunite???

I watched it in my wife's hospital room the other day and found it entertaining (It was the episode featuring "Frankie Goes To Hollywood").

Wished the cable system would add finally VH-1 so I could watch more of this series.

Brian j.

ryan8472 01-25-2004 08:02 PM

I do like this show...

I saw the Berlin episode recently and I liked it. I'm really liking 'The Metro' right now! It's a fun song! Some of the bands they've show recently I'd never heard of though.

GardenStateGirlie 01-25-2004 08:09 PM

Re: I do like this show...

Quote:

Originally posted by ryan8472
I saw the Berlin episode recently and I liked it. I'm really liking 'The Metro' right now! It's a fun song! Some of the bands they've show recently I'd never heard of though.
You and me both...i'm now very big on the Berlin...Terri? Rocks. :nod:

darklinensuit 01-26-2004 12:12 AM

Can you tell me a little about it? Do they perform or are they just interviewed? I still don't have VH1.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 01-26-2004 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by darklinensuit
Can you tell me a little about it? Do they perform or are they just interviewed? I still don't have VH1.

- Jake

Sweetie, we have to get you cable. Did you ever have a chance to see Fleetwood Mac All Access?

What happens is the shows host has to track down all of the band members and get them to agree to reunite for one night only and do the show. So he goes to each band member and presents them with the idea and if they agree to the idea, they sign their album cover (he carries it around with him) and they rehearse and do a show a few nights later :nod:

strandinthewind 01-26-2004 06:51 AM

Re: I do like this show...

Quote:

Originally posted by ryan8472
I LOVE that song. It has been one of my fav.'s since the 80's, esp. the video and how she says the oblique "sorry" line :laugh:

littlelies7 01-26-2004 10:35 AM

I like it!

I never watched a full episode, but I like it.

wondergirl9847 01-26-2004 11:12 AM

It's cool

Yeah, I've seen Berlin and Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

I REALLY wish Journey would get back with Steve Perry, not that Steve Augeri sucks (he sounds JUST like Perry! LOL), but we need "The Voice" back! :nod:

And, they JUST broke up recently (LOL!!), but dangit, I wish BBMak would get back together!! They have solo albums coming out, I believe, but they are AMAZING together!!

dissention 01-26-2004 11:54 AM

Re: It's cool

Quote:

Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I REALLY wish Journey would get back with Steve Perry, not that Steve Augeri sucks (he sounds JUST like Perry! LOL), but we need "The Voice" back! :nod:
They need Steve Perry to survive.

I knew Journey had finally run out of steam when they played a double-bill act at the Big E with NRBQ. Then they followed that gig with one at a nightclub in my area by opening for "Lynyrd Skynyrd." :eek: ;) :laugh:

hayley 01-26-2004 12:15 PM

I was watching the Flock of Seagulls episode yesterday... it's so hilarious when you see those guys having normal jobs now, and they have to like hunt people down in suburban office parks... like the Flock guy who was working as a quality control manager at a plastics plant in Raleigh... it's too funny.

darklinensuit 01-26-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

Sweetie, we have to get you cable. Did you ever have a chance to see Fleetwood Mac All Access?
Nope.
And I still need to see the Zevon BTM.:distress:

- Jake

darklinensuit 01-26-2004 07:08 PM

Re: Re: It's cool

Quote:

Originally posted by dissention
They need Steve Perry to survive.

I knew Journey had finally run out of steam when they played a double-bill act at the Big E with NRBQ. Then they followed that gig with one at a nightclub in my area by opening for "Lynyrd Skynyrd." :eek: ;) :laugh:

One of the Globe winners last night thanked Steve, & I know they played the ol;d Journey song from the film.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie 01-26-2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by darklinensuit
Nope.
And I still need to see the Zevon BTM.:distress:

- Jake

I think I might have to make you a copy. This? Is a travesty. Get cable, Jake. Get cable.

::shakes head::

darklinensuit 01-26-2004 07:14 PM

Quote:

I think I might have to make you a copy. This? Is a travesty. Get cable, Jake. Get cable.

::shakes head::

I'm seldom home anyway, and when I am, it's usually to work out, do laundry, or read. I'm still at work as it is.

- Jake