The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does Stevie ever wear color? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=11369)

diamondsnake 08-23-2003 01:58 PM

Does Stevie ever wear color?

I think it is kind of cool and stylish that Stevie wears black a lot. But recently has she ever, ever worn like red or any bright color? I guess it is just her thing. I just get mad when people think she is like gothic or witchy or something. I think she is stylish and knows what looks good on her.

Sorcerer386 08-24-2003 12:22 AM

Stevie chose black because, quoting her, "as everyone knows, black is slimming. Ta Da!" :laugh: That goes in with her long list of classic quotes.

Jason T. 08-24-2003 02:58 AM

I don't see any reason to get mad when people think of Stevie as witchy? She has never seemed to get upset about it. And let's face it, some people cannot pull off the i-might-be-fifty-five-but-i-still-look-better-than-britney look as well as Stevie can, and in order to do this, she needs the assitance of dark clothing. I think that's the reason some people dismiss her as a witch instead of simply awesome. :)

David R 08-24-2003 04:44 AM

I would like to see Stevie in some different colors... The black is getting a bit old now... althogh she looks good I would like to see her wearing something different...

WednesdaysChild 08-24-2003 09:39 AM

She looks great in red--I think all the fans agree with me on this!

There's some pics of her in this Richard Tyler red suit like thing, but it has a long skirt and she wears her camel-colored boots with it. There was a pic of her in InStyle a few years ago and I believe this might be in her Enchanted book too (not sure). There's also some pics of her at a sound check for a solo show in this pretty white dress with flowers on it!

David 08-24-2003 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by David R
I would like to see Stevie in some different colors... The black is getting a bit old now... althogh she looks good I would like to see her wearing something different...
During the Tusk Tour, the fans used to whine about wanting to see Stevie in black again. Things have really come full circle.

btw, yes, we got what we wanted at the last night of the tour, when Stevie wore chiffon in all black.

xdreamsunwindx 08-24-2003 07:27 PM

Re: Re: Does Stevie ever wear color?

Quote:

Originally posted by trackaghost
but her style IS slightly gothic and witchy, what's wrong with that?

Yeah! Lmao I'm very gothic, I have the hair and skin tone to go with it too. Stevie does and always has looked great in black, it's one of her trademarks, no?

xdreamsunwindx 08-24-2003 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WednesdaysChild
She looks great in red--I think all the fans agree with me on this!

There's some pics of her in this Richard Tyler red suit like thing, but it has a long skirt and she wears her camel-colored boots with it. There was a pic of her in InStyle a few years ago and I believe this might be in her Enchanted book too (not sure). There's also some pics of her at a sound check for a solo show in this pretty white dress with flowers on it!

Do you mean this one?

http://images.snapfish.com/338499%3B...66%3A%3Aot1lsi

xdreamsunwindx 08-24-2003 07:32 PM

Oh, here's a very cool pic of Stevie I found, I think it's from a few years ago.

http://images.snapfish.com/338499%3B...667%3A78ot1lsi

One of my favorites.

Merf 08-24-2003 08:47 PM

She looks super hot in those pics, Kate. I've always thought she needed to wear more RED in concert. Red really suits blondes with fair skin :) I should know, I am a blonde with fair skin! ;)

dissention 08-24-2003 08:51 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Can you say sexpot once again?!

I'm all hot and bothered after seeing that pic!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

diamondsnake 08-24-2003 09:32 PM

Re: Re: Does Stevie ever wear color?

Quote:

Originally posted by trackaghost
but her style IS slightly gothic and witchy, what's wrong with that?

her look has always been a mixure of gothic, hippy, gypsy and ballerina, thats what makes Stevie, Stevie

why don't you go and have a look at the websites, the Nicks Fix, the Stevie Nicks Underground or BuckinghamNicks.net, those sites have lots of pictures of her throughout the years including the current tour.

Please don't say Stevie is gothic.... that makes me think of some of the people at school who walk around with 5000 peircings and black makeup. I guess that is my real hang up with people calling her gothic. When I think of gothic, I think of pale makeup, black lipstick and nose rings! And no offense, but people like that don't turn me on. Stevie does! She is really classy and stylish...

xdreamsunwindx 08-24-2003 10:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Does Stevie ever wear color?

Quote:

Originally posted by diamondsnake
Please don't say Stevie is gothic.... that makes me think of some of the people at school who walk around with 5000 peircings and black makeup. I guess that is my real hang up with people calling her gothic. When I think of gothic, I think of pale makeup, black lipstick and nose rings! And no offense, but people like that don't turn me on. Stevie does! She is really classy and stylish...
Gothic does not necissarilly mean pale face black makeup wicca type people, it was a style dating back many, many years ago. Kind of rennisance, if you will. I'm kind of gothic, in both senses, I like wearing black, and I'm (naturally) very pale. But, I like the rennisance vibe in it as well. I don't know, one can not specify Stevie in any specific genre/stereotype, she's just Stevie, simple as that.

xdreamsunwindx 08-24-2003 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Merf
She looks super hot in those pics, Kate. I've always thought she needed to wear more RED in concert. Red really suits blondes with fair skin :) I should know, I am a blonde with fair skin! ;)
She is making me envious in those two! I wish I could pull off red, I'm a newly burgundy-haired person, lol. She needs to wear more red on stage, it's always suited her. As does/did black.

diamondsnake 08-24-2003 11:26 PM

Is it getting hot in here? That picture of Stevie is on fire!