The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You know you've listened to SYW too much when... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=10390)

GardenStateGirlie 06-09-2003 10:32 AM

You know you've listened to SYW too much when...

you begin to start picking up little things happening on the album. Is it just me or have any of you also noticed things like background noises on the new album??? I usually only hear them on my discman and sometimes on my computer....I can't hear them when they're in my stereo.

Things I hear....

*Steal Your Heart Away--I think it's a dog barking in the background and I was like, good grief, Sulamith! It happens at 1:59 and you can hear it best when you have headphones on.

*Bleed to Love Her-- okay, you know how you can hear people smiling?? (I hope i'm not the only one who can...lol) well, you can hear Lindsey when he sings "and once again she calls to me" at 1:08...it's very sweet.

*Destiny Rules-- um...maybe i'm nuts but when the chorus hits, everytime i hear people talking in the background...especially at 2:40 as Stevie is going into "I like the costal cities..." and really, everytime she enters the chorus. Maybe I have a really good discman that picks up on random stuff or i'm crazy. I'm hoping it's that my discman is good. :nod: :laugh:

Get those headphones on and turn up the volume!!!!

Gypsy-Rhiannon 06-09-2003 10:44 AM

Off to have another listen!

Pip

Oh... and I can definitely hear people smiling!!

Jen77 06-09-2003 11:02 AM

:wavey:

I'm gonna go listen too:nod:

Jen

GardenStateGirlie 06-09-2003 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
Off to have another listen!

Pip

Oh... and I can definitely hear people smiling!!

Oh good!!! After you listen, let me know whether or not I should be fitted for a straight jacket...lol :laugh:

RoxyRockstar 06-09-2003 11:35 AM

rissa..i think the fact that you even notice things like that means you need a straight jacket. I never catch any of those things on any of the albums i listen to. Course i don't listen to SYW much cuz it is second from the bottom on my list of good FM albums (time is the worst) but i am gonna have to go find my discman to see if i can find those things now.

GardenStateGirlie 06-09-2003 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoxyRockstar
rissa..i think the fact that you even notice things like that means you need a straight jacket. I never catch any of those things on any of the albums i listen to. Course i don't listen to SYW much cuz it is second from the bottom on my list of good FM albums (time is the worst) but i am gonna have to go find my discman to see if i can find those things now.
Oh no, oh no no no no noooo!!! You DON'T LIKE SYW?!?! Oh, LAWD!!! For me, SYW and Tusk are the best...totally amazing. I thought i'd miss Christine...HELL NO! She can go her own way... this Buckingham/Nicks reunion Mac style is fanfreakintastic and if you have the means, I highly suggest you catch a show. Incredible!!!! I am completely and totally in love with SYW. And if you listen to the album with headphones on, you almost can't help but hear the little noises...unless of course, I am crazy...lol

estranged4life 06-09-2003 02:44 PM

Re: You know you've listened to SYW too much when...

Quote:

Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
*Steal Your Heart Away--I think it's a dog barking in the background and I was like, good grief, Sulamith! It happens at 1:59 and you can hear it best when you have headphones on.

What I heard on my Sony & TDK's is either Lindsey's or John's hand sliding on the back of the neck of their respective stringed instruments...

Brian j.

tamaraluvsFM 06-09-2003 03:30 PM

Re: Re: You know you've listened to SYW too much when...

Quote:

Originally posted by estranged4life
What I heard on my Sony & TDK's is either Lindsey's or John's hand sliding on the back of the neck of their respective stringed instruments...
I heard this also, but I have not heard the other parts, minus the smile. That I heard! Or maybe it was my smile as I listened to Lindsey..lol.

And this album never comes out of my car or CD player but yes..I know there are some that dont like it...just hard to believe...

Tamara :wavey:

GardenStateGirlie 06-09-2003 05:15 PM

Re: Re: You know you've listened to SYW too much when...

Quote:

Originally posted by estranged4life

Brian j.

Now that I listen to it again, I can hear that. Sorry Sulamith! lol Does anyone hear people talking in the background on Destiny Rules?? Or could it be sounds coming from John and Lindsey?

gypsysara 06-09-2003 07:40 PM

Hmm now I want to listen more closely! LOL!

I love Steal Your Heart Away on the verryyy end when Stevie softly sings: If that's all there is..... if that's all there is

go6car 06-09-2003 08:58 PM

When I'm listening on my computer at work with the volume DOWN, all I hear is Lindsey's moans on Red Rover, LOL! When I'm blasting it in my car, I don't hear it nearly as clear!

And WHO is talking at the end of Murrow and what the heck are they saying! Makes me remember listening over and over to Tusk and trying to hear all the background conversations ("Who you're savage like"......, "How are the tables, Johnny" "Shhh!" "Oh, we're on already", etc.). Can't for the life of me figure out what's going on at the end of Murrow, though, LOL!

FiercestCalmSea 06-09-2003 09:07 PM

Ok,i haven't really tried listening to the other things yet..but what about the sound of running water in Silver Girl?? wtf?? Tell me i am not the only one who hears it,lol...you can hear it starting at "She would have preferred the last generation..."

Survivor 06-09-2003 09:15 PM

Hi all. Newbie here. I have noticed a few of those as well on the CD and was thinking it was just me.

DownOnRodeo 06-09-2003 09:27 PM

Sara - I can hear it - it's just the reverb from the brush or whatever percussion that is.

Wow - now that I've found the dog part, I can totally see what you mean - great ears!
GardenStateGirlie, as for the Destiny Rules b/ground talking, I think that's just the b/ground vocals of Lindsey's you're referring to. I can't hear it in the 'coast cities' bridge, but when he does vocals in the chorus, they are almost spoken, really soft in the left field.

Hi Survivor!:wavey:

FiercestCalmSea 06-09-2003 09:32 PM

Quote:

Sara - I can hear it - it's just the reverb from the brush or whatever percussion that is.

LOL...thank god someone else hears it :P I was a little off on the whole runnning water thing,huh? Oh well..i just knew i heard something weird :)