The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Album Rankings (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56759)

Fleetwood Jack 01-10-2017 10:57 AM

Album Rankings
 
So, as you can probably gather I am quite a big fan of Lindsey Buckingham. In fact I'm convinced I am the biggest solo career fan of his, due to me watching countless interviews, owning many promo copies, imported 45 solo singles, a copy of Out Of The Cradle on vinyl and many, many, many other things.

[Snooty laugh]

But enough humble bragging!

I come to you today to ask you one simple question. If you were to rank every song on all of his solo albums what would they be.

I'll give you mine so you can have an example.



Law and Order (1981)

Trouble
That's How We Do It In L.A.
I'll Tell You Now
Satisfied Mind
September Song
Bwana
Johnny Stew
Mary Lee Jones
It Was I
Love From Here, Love From There
Shadow Of The West


So that's kind of an example of it. If you guys don't mind I'm really curious what your ranking of this album and other albums by him would be.


P.S. I'll post my other rankings in the comments of this thread.

Fleetwood Jack 01-10-2017 10:58 AM

I forgot to mention if you don't mind could you rank them from your absolute favorite from the album to the absolute worst, wouldn't piss on it if it were on fire, from the album.

elle 01-10-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack (Post 1199193)
I forgot to mention if you don't mind could you rank them from your absolute favorite from the album to the absolute worst, wouldn't piss on it if it were on fire, from the album.

so nice to see new LB fans like you, AlexD and several others joining the board! :wavey:

thanks for starting the thread too. i need to do a search, but we had a number of related threads in the past, about each album (possibly?), so might consider resurrecting some of them now? i kinda vaguely remember ranking albums and songs on albums somewhere, but not sure whether it was here or in some FB group.

Law and Order is my least favorite LB solo album (Seeds is my favorite), and there are just a few songs on there that i love, for different reasons. i detest Trouble btw. here's my order from favorite and down the line.

Satisfied Mind
Bwana
Shadow Of The West
Johnny Stew
That's How We Do It In L.A.
Mary Lee Jones
It Was I
I'll Tell You Now
Love From Here, Love From There
Trouble
September Song

elle 01-10-2017 04:37 PM

here's a thread on GOS song ranking if you wanted to resurrect it - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=song+ranking

we also have an album ranking thread, and also various threads discussing different types of LB songs.

it is really a time for new LB solo album - it's been way too long with this sitting around waiting on FM!

AlexD 01-10-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1199203)
so nice to see new LB fans like you, AlexD and several others joining the board! :wavey:

Haha thanks. My favorite album is probably Under the Skin. The live versions of all of the songs are my favorite so I guess my list is kind of based on the live ones. Best to worst...

Shut Us Down
Down on the Rodeo
Not Too Late
I am Waiting
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Cast Away Dreams
Under the Skin
To Try for the Sun
It was You
Show You How

elle 01-10-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexD (Post 1199210)
Haha thanks. My favorite album is probably Under the Skin. The live versions of all of the songs are my favorite so I guess my list is kind of based on the live ones. Best to worst...

Shut Us Down
Down on the Rodeo
Not Too Late
I am Waiting
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Cast Away Dreams
Under the Skin
To Try for the Sun
It was You
Show You How

recorded version of Rodeo is so lush and gorgeous. Rodeo and his cover of Try for the Sun are my favorite 2 songs from UTS.

Fleetwood Jack 01-11-2017 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1199203)
so nice to see new LB fans like you, AlexD and several others joining the board! :wavey:

Ah! Thank you for such a warm welcome! You guys are too nice.


As for my other rankings, here they are in all of their Times New Roman glory.

Go Insane (1984)

Go Insane
D.W. Suite
Play In The Rain (Cont.)
Loving Cup
I Want You
Bang The Drum
Slow Dancing
I Must Go
Play In The Rain





Do not worry, there is still more to come!

Fleetwood Jack 01-11-2017 01:41 PM

I'm gonna skip "Out Of The Cradle" because no joke that's like my favorite album I've listened to, and I've listened to a lot of albums, and it is quite a task coming up with a definitive ranking. So, I will skip to Under The Skin which is another album that I love, but is less of a task to rank.

Under The Skin (2006)

Not Too Late
Down On Rodeo
Shut Us Down
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
To Try For The Sun
Cast Away Dreams
Under The Skin
I Am Waiting
Show You How
It Was You
Flying Down Juniper

Fleetwood Jack 01-11-2017 01:46 PM

Gift Of Screws (2008)

Great Day
Treason
Time Precious Time
Love Runs Deeper
Bel Air Rain
Gift Of Screws
Wait For You
The Right Place to Fade
Underground
Did You Miss Me?

Seeds We Sow (2011)

Seeds We Sow
Illumination
That's The Way That Love Goes
Stars Are Crazy
She Smiled Sweetly
One Take
End Of Time
In Our Own Time
Rock Away Blind
When She Comes Down
Gone Too Far

seekerj 01-11-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack (Post 1199235)
I'm gonna skip "Out Of The Cradle" because no joke that's like my favorite album I've listened to, and I've listened to a lot of albums, and it is quite a task coming up with a definitive ranking. So, I will skip to Under The Skin which is another album that I love, but is less of a task to rank.

Under The Skin (2006)

Not Too Late
Down On Rodeo
Shut Us Down
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
To Try For The Sun
Cast Away Dreams
Under The Skin
I Am Waiting
Show You How
It Was You
Flying Down Juniper

Shut Us Down is my favorite from his solo albums. I also have a fondness for Cast Away Dreams, since at one of the UTS shows when I was in the front row, at the end of that song, Lindsey looked me in the eye and tossed his pick right into my hand. (Yes, he used a pick for that song!)

iamnotafraid 01-11-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexD (Post 1199210)
The live versions of all of the songs are my favorite so I guess my list is kind of based on the live ones. Best to worst...

Shut Us Down

Shut Us Down is the piece de resistance of the Under The Skin Tour.

It was one of those special moments that I will take with me for the rest
of my life.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved