The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Super Bowl Halftime (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56845)

JohnL 02-06-2017 10:17 AM

Super Bowl Halftime

I was just curious what everyone thought of the half time show. Gaga jumped off the roof of the stadium, didn't make any political statements other than equality across the board, and ROCKED the joint in my opinion. Anyone else have any thoughts?

kak125 02-06-2017 10:34 AM

I freaking loved it!! I thought her starting out with God Bless America and This Land is My Land was just so awesome. I'm such a huge fan of her. I've seen her twice and will be going to see her in Pittsburgh in November.

olive 02-06-2017 11:16 AM

children are discussing it ( while adult discuss if their favorite singers are still in love after a 40 year break :( )
"Gaga's whole message — acceptance. "

If You Think Lady Gaga's Super Bowl Performance Wasn't Political, You Missed the Point
And also: You're probably straight.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/lady-...show-political

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/lady-...-at-super-bowl

JohnL 02-06-2017 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kak125 (Post 1201189)
I freaking loved it!! I thought her starting out with God Bless America and This Land is My Land was just so awesome. I'm such a huge fan of her. I've seen her twice and will be going to see her in Pittsburgh in November.

I am with you. I loved the beginning. I think it made sure everyone knew they were included and that she had a message of unity, not division. This country needs that now and we are not getting it from our politicians. I saw her twice to date also. The first time was in a VERY small venue here in Tampa before she made it big. She was awesome. The second time was about 3 or 4 years ago during her first huge tour. She is so talented and great live...although she started the show almost 2 hours late. Hopefully she has gotten over that part during this next tour. LOL

SisterNightroad 02-06-2017 12:49 PM

It's possible to talk about matters of high importance like sexuality without really stepping down into politics. Such questions transcend and can't be reduced to be simply political.

olive 02-06-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1201197)
It's possible to talk about matters of high importance like sexuality without really stepping down into politics. Such questions transcend and can't be reduced to be simply political.

no it can't , especially in america where everything is becoming a political topic ,(race ,sexuality , gender , reproductive and general health care , jobs, tariffs on food , everyday item imported here for homes, cars and everyday life also the news and television shows and comedians) until like here some from of censorship will be imposed .

PS GAGA was FANTASTIC every time i've seen her she never disappointments whether in a stadium or a small intimate gig she gives her all

kak125 02-07-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnL (Post 1201194)
I am with you. I loved the beginning. I think it made sure everyone knew they were included and that she had a message of unity, not division. This country needs that now and we are not getting it from our politicians. I saw her twice to date also. The first time was in a VERY small venue here in Tampa before she made it big. She was awesome. The second time was about 3 or 4 years ago during her first huge tour. She is so talented and great live...although she started the show almost 2 hours late. Hopefully she has gotten over that part during this next tour. LOL

I so hear ya there!! That's awesome you got to see her before she made it big. I am super jealous. Both times I saw her at the Consol Energy Center here in Pittsburgh in 2010 and in 2014 and she came on stage on time for both of them so maybe there was technical difficulties that night or something. I just wish the tour started like tomorrow but thank goodness I have Stevie to look forward to in March!

JohnL 02-08-2017 07:52 AM

The first time I saw here was in April 2008 I think but not sure of the date. It was at a renovated old theatre in Ybor City here in Tampa called The Ritz. It had no seats...everyone stood and Lady Gaga signed autographs at the door afterwards. It was a pretty awesome night. A few months later she was everywhere.

olive 02-08-2017 10:39 AM

she's performing with METALLICA at the Grammy Awards that will be amazing !!

JohnL 02-08-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1201312)

I just saw the commercial on tv for this. What a pairing! She has gone from Elton John to Tony Bennett to Metallica. Now that is some versatility!!

Nathan 02-09-2017 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1201312)

Thanks for the heads up! Yeah that should be good.

I thought the halftime show was great. I especially liked this land is your land.