The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What's your fave out of these these two? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47271)

Heartboy 05-14-2011 10:02 PM

What's your fave out of these these two?

From the 1988 Greatest hits album?

1) No Questions Asked

2) As Long As You Follow

:cool:

dsp1979 05-15-2011 04:40 AM

i like as long as you follow better..;)

holidayroad 05-15-2011 09:43 AM

As Long As You Follow

MacShadowsBall 05-15-2011 02:39 PM

Tough call here. :distress:

Lyrically I love "No Questions Asked". Musically and overall feel, it goes to "As Long As You Follow".

SteveMacD 05-15-2011 09:23 PM

As Long As You Follow. It's a classic Christine/Mac song. NQA would've been a decent Stevie solo song.

sjpdg 05-16-2011 01:51 AM

As Long As You Follow. Without even thinking about it. Couldn't have made this decision quicker if I'd tried.

No Questions Asked, in my mind, my opinion, is one of the biggest piles of steaming cow shyte ever produced in the history of Fleetwood Mac. I won't even listen to it. I removed it from my iPod. I haven't deleted it because I'm just anal-retentive enough to not want to get rid of any of my FM collection.

No offense to anyone, just my opinion. The lyrics stink, the rhythm stinks, the vocals stink, I just can't say enough bad about this track.

chriskisn 05-16-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjpdg (Post 984926)
As Long As You Follow. Without even thinking about it. Couldn't have made this decision quicker if I'd tried.

No Questions Asked, in my mind, my opinion, is one of the biggest piles of steaming cow shyte ever produced in the history of Fleetwood Mac. I won't even listen to it. I removed it from my iPod. I haven't deleted it because I'm just anal-retentive enough to not want to get rid of any of my FM collection.

No offense to anyone, just my opinion. The lyrics stink, the rhythm stinks, the vocals stink, I just can't say enough bad about this track.

Personally I prefer No Questions Asked but why am I not surprised that we disagree on this? :lol:

chiliD 05-16-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjpdg (Post 984926)

Instead of going into a long dissertation, I'll leave my comment as....

....DITTO THE ABOVE.

chriskisn 05-16-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 984976)

....DITTO THE ABOVE.

Oh Chili I expected better :lol:

CreepingDeath 05-16-2011 09:16 PM

No Questions Asked

As Long As You Follow is aces, but I like NQA a tad more.

sjpdg 05-20-2011 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskisn (Post 984953)
Personally I prefer No Questions Asked but why am I not surprised that we disagree on this? :lol:

Been a while since we had a good "back and forth" on this forum, yeah? :laugh:

There's just always been something about "No Questions Asked" that I can't stand. Mick's drum part doesn't sound right. I've never much liked songs that have that style of drum play. Maybe if it was more up-tempo or more straight ahead drumming, that might help it for me, but as is, I just have never been able to get into it.

Hope all is well for you! How's the family? My son turned 5 this week and my daughter will be 2 in July.

sjpdg 05-20-2011 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD (Post 984976)

....DITTO THE ABOVE.

Well, thank you!! :laugh:

David 05-22-2011 12:29 PM

AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW is a pretty song--not my favorite by Chris McVie, by any means, but pretty--whereas the only "pretty" in NO QUESTIONS ASKED is that it pretty much sucks.

chiliD 05-24-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 987553)
AS LONG AS YOU FOLLOW is a pretty song--not my favorite by Chris McVie, by any means, but pretty--whereas the only "pretty" in NO QUESTIONS ASKED is that it pretty much sucks.

{choir of angels chime in}
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....mennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

TrueFaith77 05-24-2011 03:56 PM

No Questions Asked isn't THAT bad. "I need you now... no questions asked" harmonies sound great!