The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sheryl Crow (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57921)

dreamsunwind 05-27-2018 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1229407)
Ha ha
I think Sheryl is talented but her music is so bland IMHO. That was a performance of Go Your Own Way that anyone could have done. Just pull 5 random guys/gals with acoustic guitars. Its that kind of blandness that harpooned Stevie's Trouble in Shangri La. No guitar solos. No clever bridges. All the songs have the same tempo and sound like demos for someone to produce.

I saw that cover too. It was sooooo boring. And IA about TISL. One of my least favorite Stevie albums for that reason. The sound was just so unoriginal. I never understood Stevie's obsession with Sheryl. Or any of the artists that she likes tbh (except HAIM). They're all so bland.

SteveMacD 05-27-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1229461)
I saw that cover too. It was sooooo boring. And IA about TISL. One of my least favorite Stevie albums for that reason. The sound was just so unoriginal. I never understood Stevie's obsession with Sheryl. Or any of the artists that she likes tbh (except HAIM). They're all so bland.

Stevie is into flavor of the week. When was the last time we heard from Bruce Hornsby or Kenny G?

jmn3 05-27-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1229407)
Ha ha
I think Sheryl is talented but her music is so bland IMHO. That was a performance of Go Your Own Way that anyone could have done. Just pull 5 random guys/gals with acoustic guitars. Its that kind of blandness that harpooned Stevie's Trouble in Shangri La. No guitar solos. No clever bridges. All the songs have the same tempo and sound like demos for someone to produce.

I was once on a first date with a girl that was going quite well. We started talking music and she asks if I know of Fleetwood Mac? It’s 2007 and I’m 27, of course I have. So she goes on... “Well I’m not as much into the band but I love Stevie Nicks. Trouble in Shangri-La is the best album ever!” I’m sitting there thinking, it’s not even the best Fleetwood Mac related album of this decade, let alone Stevie’s best album ever, it sure as hell isnt THE best album ever!!” That relationship didn’t last long.

mitzo 05-27-2018 05:57 PM

I found TISL a letdown too. Sheryl is a poor producer for Stevie. The whole album is flat and so is Stevie's voice. Her solo career is choked with disappointments.

bombaysaffires 05-27-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1229462)
Stevie is into flavor of the week. When was the last time we heard from Bruce Hornsby or Kenny G?

yep. she seems to think this makes her seem up with the times, cool, and hip.

bombaysaffires 05-27-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1229079)
I hope she wouldn't have to read those well known words, live.

Exactly. :shocked:

jwd 05-27-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1229483)
I found TISL a letdown too. Sheryl is a poor producer for Stevie. The whole album is flat and so is Stevie's voice. Her solo career is choked with disappointments.

I actually find TISL to be one of my favorite solo cds of hers. Sheryl Crow wasn't the only producer on the record. John Shanks did an excellent job. I'd rank TISL up there with BellaDonna.

secondhandchain 05-27-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1229547)
I actually find TISL to be one of my favorite solo cds of hers. Sheryl Crow wasn't the only producer on the record. John Shanks did an excellent job. I'd rank TISL up there with BellaDonna.

I do like her Globe sessions album. It's really good.

jwd 05-27-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1229554)
I do like her Globe sessions album. It's really good.

You know I just dusted that off and put it in my car to listen to. Yes, I agree, and I think it's her best record.

jwd 05-27-2018 10:01 PM

HOT! She's smokin' with this song!

DownOnRodeo 05-28-2018 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1229472)
That relationship didn’t last long.

Sounds like trouble in shangri-la.

Please say it ended with her running through the grass, over the stones, and down to the sea.

secondhandchain 05-28-2018 07:20 AM

The difficult kind and there goes the neighborhood are great songs.

jmn3 05-28-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo (Post 1229590)
Sounds like trouble in shangri-la.

Please say it ended with her running through the grass, over the stones, and down to the sea.

Hahaha it actually ended with her saying something about wanting to get home from dinner one night “hopefully in time for Law and Order.” And no, this wasn’t code for something else. It was like the third date, not really the “I’d rather watch TV than you” stage yet. I have no idea what happened to her in the last ten years but she was gorgeous. Far above my league (and hence the Law and Order preference)!

This Sheryl Crow thread sure has a way of meandering!! I actually kind of like some of Sheryl’s stuff. Her first two albums are both good and I love the Concert in Central Park album - home of one of my favorite versions of Gold Dust Woman ever. Before it became a bloated crackhead “dancing” mess.