The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pick A Single: May 26 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55112)

welcomechris 04-02-2015 05:32 PM

Pick A Single: May 26

Pick A Single for May 26 (Stevie's birthday)

Andyleo 04-02-2015 07:43 PM

Definitely Mabel Normand. It's Stevie's favourite song from the album. Friends of mine that aren't particularly fans even like this one.
Good luck! :wavey:

Artemis 04-02-2015 07:47 PM

All The Beautiful Worlds. Should have been a single in the 80s. Needs more love.

gssmith 04-02-2015 10:09 PM

Mabel Normand my favorite song what might be my favorite Stevie album ever!!

I voted on All The Beautiful Worlds because it is tge most commercial song. This album is not very commercial.

This is kind of like Stevie's Tusk in a way.

But I'm not sure I need to buy a song on her birthday. What do sales matter? Plus, Stevie has taken so much of my money. It's expensive to be a loyal fan

Jondalar 04-02-2015 10:20 PM

Hard Advice is the most commercial song left.

johnnystorms 04-02-2015 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1164043)
Hard Advice is the most commercial song left.

I think the hook and her voice in that song is irresistible.. I LOVE it, but the "don't buy that doll" lyric is sooooo clunky! that's where she could use a little diplomatic editing from Dave, or anyone!

gssmith 04-02-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnystorms (Post 1164044)
I think the hook and her voice in that song is irresistible.. I LOVE it, but the "don't buy that doll" lyric is sooooo clunky! that's where she could use a little diplomatic editing from Dave, or anyone!

I kind of see it as a little clunky, but it doesn't bother me. I don't know if it's commercial or not, but that song wouldn't get radio play. I'd bet on Mabel Normand before Hard Advice
MN is different, but great music, vocals and lyrics. I just wish instead of the line "I'll write a book about it.." She should have said "I'll write a SONG about it" haha!

Jondalar 04-02-2015 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnystorms (Post 1164044)

I agree thatStevie finds creative ways to ruin some of her best songs. Thrown Down comes to mind.

Jondalar 04-02-2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gssmith (Post 1164045)
I kind of see it as a little clunky, but it doesn't bother me. I don't know if it's commercial or not, but that song wouldn't get radio play. I'd bet on Mabel Normand before Hard Advice
MN is different, but great music, vocals and lyrics. I just wish instead of the line "I'll write a book about it.." She should have said "I'll write a SONG about it" haha!

Mabel Normand doesn't make any sense. It's not a song. More of a rambling with great production. Who could sing along with it? You have to be kidding.

WildHearted 04-02-2015 11:24 PM

Twisted would be my pick.

johnnystorms 04-03-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1164049)
Twisted would be my pick.

why? just curious.. I just listened to it and it really pales compared to the production on her duet with Lindsey. this is not a challenge, BTW, I'm only wondering what you see in this version

Aussie W/Heart 04-03-2015 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1164048)
Mabel Normand doesn't make any sense. It's not a song. More of a rambling with great production. Who could sing along with it? You have to be kidding.

Well actually i LOVE singing along to Mabel Normand, and 24 karat :D my two favs!! Love this album !!

My 18yr old son, who listens to mainly rap crap, digs the song 24 Karat Gold. He makes me play this song back to back every time driving in the car together.. Fun times :D

welcomechris 04-03-2015 06:53 AM

All the Beautiful Worlds is in the lead! Listen to this.

welcomechris 04-04-2015 09:14 AM

Come on, keep voting!

Macfanforever 04-04-2015 11:07 AM

I more likely to vote for Mabel because I love Mabel Normand .

Blue Water would be runners up.