The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Post-Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Top 3 From BTM....... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56879)

BLY 02-20-2017 09:21 PM

Top 3 From BTM.......

What's your top 3 picks from Behind The Mask ( only 3....and I'm sure it's always changing)

1. The Sky is the Limit
2. When the Sun Goes Down
3. Behind the Mask

Macfan4life 02-21-2017 06:17 AM

This is tough. Half of this album is very good.

Back of my mind (can you believe I am naming a Billy song). Its a creative song. I love how they fit 3 singers on the song with Stevie answering back to Billy.

Skies the limit - I love hearing Christine play keyboards. That was something missing from TTITN
Its a perky and sing along song

When it comes to love (yikes another Billy song) - I love Christine singing a duet. Billy is not a great singer but his voice is saved and helped so much by Chris. Love those keyboards again. The bouncy beat is amazing. Go Mick!!!! Go John!! Great stuff. A great song musically, lyrically, and vocally. Love the acoustic guitar solo too.

This was hard. I also love Love is Dangerous, When it comes to love, Behind the mask, and Save Me.
The rest of the album I don't care for.

BLY 02-21-2017 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1201884)
This is tough. Half of this album is very good.

Back of my mind (can you believe I am naming a Billy song). Its a creative song. I love how they fit 3 singers on the song with Stevie answering back to Billy.

Skies the limit - I love hearing Christine play keyboards. That was something missing from TTITN
Its a perky and sing along song

When it comes to love (yikes another Billy song) - I love Christine singing a duet. Billy is not a great singer but his voice is saved and helped so much by Chris. Love those keyboards again. The bouncy beat is amazing. Go Mick!!!! Go John!! Great stuff. A great song musically, lyrically, and vocally. Love the acoustic guitar solo too.

This was hard. I also love Love is Dangerous, When it comes to love, Behind the mask, and Save Me.
The rest of the album I don't care for.

This was very hard to only choose 3. I agree with your top 3 assessments. When it Comes to Love is up there for me also.

Macfan4life 02-21-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1201885)
This was very hard to only choose 3. I agree with your top 3 assessments. When it Comes to Love is up there for me also.

We both like Skies the Limit. That song gets bashed a lot around here. When I heard the beginning keyboards from Chris and then the drum crack at the beginning I fell in love. Their harmonies go very good together. Thank goodness no drum machines or pre-programmed bass or other stuff. The Mac rhythm section was back!!! There is some really good stuff on this album but unfortunately it gets lost. The song almost never made the album. It was a last minute addition. The band (mostly Chris) felt the album was too dark and needed a peppy upbeat song. She wrote the song and that is the reason it became the first track of the album. Its polar opposite of the flip side of Behind the Mask. Chris rarely writes dark stuff so its the best of both worlds on the album.

bwboy 02-21-2017 07:37 AM

Save Me
Do You Know
I am absolutely torn over my third pick! A 3 way tie between In the Back of My Mind, Skies the Limit, and When It Comes to Love. And even then, Love is Dangerous is right behind. I guess third place would depend on what sort of mood I'm in!

Phil 02-21-2017 07:54 AM

1. The Second Time
2. Love Is Dangerous
3. Freedom (closely followed by Affairs Of The Heart)

TheWILDheart 02-21-2017 11:47 AM

1. Freedom
2. Behind The Mask
3. Love Is Dangerous

FuzzyPlum 02-21-2017 02:20 PM

In the Back of My Mind
Skies the Limit
Do You Know/Behind the Mask/When it Comes to Love

Sorry BLY... for me When the Sun Goes Down really sucks. I always found it quite embarrassing. Each to their own.

BLY 02-21-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1201902)
In the Back of My Mind
Skies the Limit

Sorry BLY... for me When the Sun Goes Down really sucks. I always found it quite embarrassing. Each to their own.

I get it.😎 I love the vocals on it!

Macfan4life 02-21-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1201902)
In the Back of My Mind
Skies the Limit

Don't copy me ;)
;)

Street_Dreamer 02-21-2017 05:17 PM

When It Comes To Love
Freedom
Hard Feelings

Dr.Brown 02-22-2017 07:49 AM

Probably should go in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread but When the Sun Goes Down is my favorite track on BTM. I don't really care much for any of the other tracks.

PS - Adding fuel to the fire, I also really like These Strange Times on Time.

BLY 02-22-2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1201925)
Probably should go in the "Unpopular Opinions" thread but When the Sun Goes Down is my favorite track on BTM. I don't really care much for any of the other tracks.

PS - Adding fuel to the fire, I also really like These Strange Times on Time.

I like These Strange Times also. After all my years listening to Fleetwood Mac I have realized there really isn't any songs I HATE I just like some better than others.

Fannymac 02-28-2017 03:45 AM

Do You Know
Love Is Dangerous
In The Back of My Mind

annabellee 02-28-2017 08:02 PM

Hard Feelings
Love Is Dangerous
In The Back of My Mind