The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Early/Redone Shut Us Down, Cory Sipper Version (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=33699)

joshywashy377 08-19-2007 06:05 PM

Early/Redone Shut Us Down, Cory Sipper Version

Here's an interesting link, not sure if anyone posted about it before, but it's shut us down by Cory Sipper, either an early version or redone, it is recocnizable, but with different lyrics and is much slower. the lyrics are in the description. Thought it was interesting! http://youtube.com/watch?v=6pQY0OeKxR0

danax6 08-19-2007 06:25 PM

Thank you!

Finally I know which parts were edited by Lindsey. I live for this ****.

Oh you and I, sure do dream
(Oh, you and I, we sure can dream)
You and I surely see
(Of conversations that might have been)
But open arms one sweet night
(I know that I treat you unkind)
I hope that we will touch in time
(That long ago I lost my mind)

After all these crazy years
(And even after all these years)
I can't even see you clear
(Oh, I can't even see you clear)
I know that I was bending some truth
(I know that you must lie sometimes)
Defensive me, missing you
(To hide the truth you're trying to find)

Oh, I won't shut us down
(Oh, I won't shut us down)
No, I'll be around
(No, I will stay around)
As long as I can
(As long as I can)
As long as I can
(As long as I can)

After all these growing years
(Even after all these years)
I recall all my fears
(I can't even see you clear)
We built a wall between us two
(A child was born, another dies)
But I still love the thought of you
(And every life has its price)

Oh, I won't shut us down
No, I'll be around
(No, I will stay around)
As long as I can
(As long as I can)
As long as I can
(As long as I can)

Oh, I won't shut us down
No, I'll be around
(No, I will stay around)
As long as I can
(As long as I can)
As long as I can
(As long as I can)
(As long as I can)
(As long as I can)

Wow, so he did quite some tweaking. Only the chorus remained completely intact. Now I have to go and find an mp3 of Cory Sipper's version, because it's just beautiful.

Kelly 08-19-2007 10:20 PM

I like Corey's lyric but I LOVE Lindsey's. He really changed quite a few words.......her lyrics say one thing, and his express something totally different. Very interesting. I guess he liked the chorus and idea of not "shutting us down"...so he took the song and made it into his own.

Thanks for posting....this is definately one of the more interesting things I have read around here lately. lol

DESTINYRU!ES 08-20-2007 02:03 PM

Wow, I'm even more impressed with Lindsey's artistic ability. I hear Cory's version and I would never think to do what Lindsey did with it. Lyrically stylisticly etc. Though I liker her version as well, I view it as an entirely different song. He really did make it his own. Also, her lryics seem to detail a relationship were as Lindsey's version though it could include a relationship, on the surface it's really about one person's growing process. Nobody better say Lindsey isn't a good writer, including Lindsey! Grated it's not his strongest point, but he doesn't really give himself credit.

shackin'up 08-20-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES (Post 714289)
Wow, I'm even more impressed with Lindsey's artistic ability. I hear Cory's version and I would never think to do what Lindsey did with it. Lyrically stylisticly etc. Though I liker her version as well, I view it as an entirely different song. He really did make it his own. Also, her lryics seem to detail a relationship were as Lindsey's version though it could include a relationship, on the surface it's really about one person's growing process. Nobody better say Lindsey isn't a good writer, including Lindsey! Grated it's not his strongest point, but he doesn't really give himself credit.

I couldn't agree more. It proves that he can be a total wizard with a song from somebody else. But I really think that he must get hit like a truck by the original. I totally understand that he fell in love with this version if this was the one that sparked his remake. I guess it's a long time ago that he's been touched by stevies songs, because he really cut though skin with this one, and he hasn't really with Stevie's for a long time.

AND JOSHY: you just entered my heroeslist, dude, by finding this. VERY cool. Like Danax6, I live for this **** too. THANKS.

joshywashy377 08-20-2007 06:16 PM

Thanks man! right place, right time i guess!

Michelle Daya 08-20-2007 06:40 PM

her version is beautiful too! i hear why lb was inspired by it. i like both versions but they're like two different songs. hers seems younger & his seems more retrospective & older, like looking back.

DESTINYRU!ES 08-21-2007 10:38 PM

Does anyone know how to get a hold of an mp3 of Cory's song? I checked itunes and was happy to find two of her albums on there but no "After all I won't shut us down". Her official website no longer exists. Is that the correct title of the song? Any help is appreciated. My local borders has never heard of her. I'd pay for this song it I can find it. Any help?:shrug:

Maccafan5000 08-21-2007 11:45 PM

I think they added a period to her website on the youtube site--it actually is still up, though I can't get the mp3 to work. The CD "The Bedroom Tapes" is on amazon.com however!

Link to Official Website: http://www.corysippermusic.com/index1.html

~Mic.

Sarah 08-22-2007 01:19 AM

It's cool to check out, but I gotta say that I don't care for her version at all. It's very boring for me.

GardenStateGirlie 08-22-2007 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danax6 (Post 714103)

Finally I know which parts were edited by Lindsey. I live for this ****.

:laugh: oh, v...how i love thee ♥

he definitely made some adjustments and i have to say, his lyrics are pretty much gorgeous.