The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mac Sites to See in California? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41125)

fleetwoodtrick 07-27-2009 11:38 PM

Mac Sites to See in California?

Hellooo, everyone! I will be visiting some friends in California through out most of August, so I was wondering... what are some interesting Mac sites to see there? I've heard talk of Lindsey and Stevie's old apartment. And of course the Sausalito record plant. And they have a star on the walk of fame, correct? Would someone mind posting some addresses/ideas for me? I won't be in the city too much. :) Just shopping for desginer thingsss. I'll be spending most of my time at the BEACH!

Thanks in advance!
R :cool:

daniellaaarisen 07-27-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick (Post 833367)
Hellooo, everyone! I will be visiting some friends in California through out most of August, so I was wondering... what are some interesting Mac sites to see there? I've heard talk of Lindsey and Stevie's old apartment. And of course the Sausalito record plant. And they have a star on the walk of fame, correct? Would someone mind posting some addresses/ideas for me? I won't be in the city too much. :) Just shopping for desginer thingsss. I'll be spending most of my time at the BEACH!

Thanks in advance!
R :cool:

I'm interested in this, too, considering I live here and am yet to see anything Mac related :(

They do have a star-- it's on Sunset in front of Frederick's of Hollywood.

jld92 07-27-2009 11:59 PM

Their apartment was on Fairfax and Orange Grove, right?
Gah, I'm such a dork for knowing that.:p

Moz 07-28-2009 01:14 AM

You could check out where Buckingham Nicks was recorded, where Stevie and Lindsey met up with the others for dinner (wasn't it a Mexican restaurant?) on New Years Eve 1974 to talk about joining the band, Menlo-Atherton High School (555 Middlefield Road, Atherton) and wherever else they recorded in California. Of course I have no addresses. :laugh:

ETA: Mick first heard Frozen Love and met Lindsey at California's Sound City Studios (15456 Cabrito Road) in Van Nuys. The White Album was also recorded there in February of '75.

Rumours: Record Plant Studios (2200 Bridgeway), Sausalito; Wally Heider Studios (245 Hyde Street, San Francisco, between Turk and Eddy Streets, across the street from Black Hawk jazz club), LA; Davlen Recording Studio, North Hollywood; Zellerbach Auditorium, Berkeley.

I can't find Davlen's address, however, they have a website: http://davlensoundstudios.com/
Directions to the Zellerbach Aud are here: http://facilities.calperfs.berkeley....ch_auditorium/

Tusk recording location: The Village Recorder, West Los Angeles, CA - I believe the address is 1616 Butler Ave.
Mirage: France, as well as the Record Plant. Mixed at George Massenburg Studios, West Los Angeles.

Aaaand there's a lot of recording locations on the Penguin Discography: http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/artis...25&gid=0&fid=1

Oh, and Stevie was a waitress at Clementine's. Google says Clementine Restaurant in LA is on 1751 Ensley Ave.

One of Lindsey's homes (I've read it's his 'former' house, but I don't know if that's correct) is at 34.08817800, -118.45163200. Once again, Google says it's on Airole Way, somewhere between house numbers 933 - 957. I think it may be 933. Type in the lat and long and you can use Google Streetview to 'stand' in his driveway! http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=3...-8&sa=N&tab=wl. When Kristen was pregnant, they lived at a Four Seasons in Beverly Hills.

daniellaaarisen 07-28-2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moz (Post 833375)
You could check out where Buckingham Nicks was recorded, where Stevie and Lindsey met up with the others for dinner (wasn't it a Mexican restaurant?) on New Years Eve 1974 to talk about joining the band, Menlo-Atherton High School (555 Middlefield Road, Atherton) and wherever else they recorded in California. Of course I have no addresses. :laugh:

ETA: Mick first heard Frozen Love and met Lindsey at California's Sound City Studios (15456 Cabrito Road) in Van Nuys. The White Album was also recorded there in February of '75.

Rumours: Record Plant Studios (2200 Bridgeway), Sausalito; Wally Heider Studios (245 Hyde Street, San Francisco, between Turk and Eddy Streets, across the street from Black Hawk jazz club), LA; Davlen Recording Studio, North Hollywood; Zellerbach Auditorium, Berkeley.

I can't find Davlen's address, however, they have a website: http://davlensoundstudios.com/
Directions to the Zellerbach Aud are here: http://facilities.calperfs.berkeley....ch_auditorium/

Tusk recording location: The Village Recorder, West Los Angeles, CA - I believe the address is 1616 Butler Ave.
Mirage: France, as well as the Record Plant. Mixed at George Massenburg Studios, West Los Angeles.

Aaaand there's a lot of recording locations on the Penguin Discography: http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/artis...25&gid=0&fid=1

Oh, and Stevie was a waitress at Clementine's. Google says Clementine Restaurant in LA is on 1751 Ensley Ave.

I drive by MA (Menlo Atherton High School) every day-- was just there about an hour ago. It's really not that exciting, especially since the entire place is covered in construction right now. It's so cool for me to know that Stevie and Lindsey went there, though, and its such a normal part of my day to day life.

Moz 07-28-2009 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 833376)
I drive by MA (Menlo Atherton High School) every day-- was just there about an hour ago. It's really not that exciting, especially since the entire place is covered in construction right now. It's so cool for me to know that Stevie and Lindsey went there, though, and its such a normal part of my day to day life.

Aww. I'd love to visit places like that, as trivial as they are. :woohoo:

LiamMcConville 07-28-2009 03:13 AM

Quote:

High school Student Store's often keep a collection of the un-sold Yearbooks for each year. You should stop into Menlo-Atherton's and ask their Financial Manager if they have a yearbook in stock from Stevie & Lindsey's tenure. :shrug:

LukeA 07-28-2009 04:28 AM

Quote:

Juniper Street- the inspiration for "Flying Down Juniper" is no less than a quarter mile from Menlo Atherton High. Lindsey and his richie-rich family grew up in the Flood Circle neighborhood.

mylittledemon 07-28-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jld92 (Post 833371)

Nope, just creepy. ;)

GODDESS6 07-28-2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamMcConville (Post 833382)
High school Student Store's often keep a collection of the un-sold Yearbooks for each year. You should stop into Menlo-Atherton's and ask their Financial Manager if they have a yearbook in stock from Stevie & Lindsey's tenure. :shrug:

i have one of the reissue yearbooks, but was able to snag a real year book from stevie's senior yr, from this school~ i had lindsey's freshmen & sophmore yr books too~ but i gave them to a serious lindsey fan~

Gypsy-Rhiannon 07-28-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 833370)
I'm interested in this, too, considering I live here and am yet to see anything Mac related :(

They do have a star-- it's on Sunset in front of Frederick's of Hollywood.

I visited their star last year!

David 07-28-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick (Post 833367)

You didn't say where you'd be in California -- northern, central, southern. It's about 800 miles top to bottom!

But if you're in Arcadia, my hometown, you can see Arcadia High School, where Stevie went to school for a year or two. And once you're in Arcadia, you'll want to eat lunch or dinner at Clearman's Village -- North Woods Inn -- & unwind at the L.A. County Arboretum, one of the biggest in the country.

You can also drive past the City of Hope on Huntington, where Robin Anderson was initially treated (before being transferred to UCLA Medical Center).

If you're up in central (Bay Area) visiting the Record Plant in Sausalito, eat a meal at Scoma's. Don't leave Sausalito without eating at Scoma's--or I'll kick your ass.

CADreaming 07-28-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 833391)
Juniper Street- the inspiration for "Flying Down Juniper" is no less than a quarter mile from Menlo Atherton High. Lindsey and his richie-rich family grew up in the Flood Circle neighborhood.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what street Stevie lived on? I've heard her mention it was only a couple of blocks from Lindsey's house.

goldustsongbird 07-28-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jld92 (Post 833371)

Nah. I know about it because of the story Christine told about her mother's prediction.

My friend thought I was a creeper for knowing about Menlo-Atherton. :laugh: She said her friend went there and I mentioned Stevie and Lindsey. Her response: :rolleyes:

Richard B 07-28-2009 10:22 PM

The Plant Studio in Sausalito is in trouble.
Read about the preservation attempts here.
Posted on the link is a video of Mick Fleetwood boring me to tears with his take on saving The Plant.