The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Third Fritz Recording Posted-- In The Dawn! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15618)

chiliD 08-06-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by face of glass
In other words, dated hippie crap.

:mad: "Dated" my a$$!!! Don't be dissin' my favorite genre of music.

BEATLES, Hendrix, Cream, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors, Stones, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Traffic, Blind Faith, CSNY, Dylan, Humble Pie, etc.

David 08-06-2004 01:58 PM

Man, I could use a whole album's worth of tunes like "In the Dawn," which I find stunning. The harmonies have an almost academic exactness & construction, but that doesn't prevent them from affecting one emotionally, which they do.

Bravo, Fritz! I'd rather hear more from them than another CD of fractured, confused, overreaching productions by Fleetwood Mac.

face of glass 08-06-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiliD
:mad: "Dated" my a$$!!! Don't be dissin' my favorite genre of music.

BEATLES, Hendrix, Cream, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors, Stones, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Traffic, Blind Faith, CSNY, Dylan, Humble Pie, etc.

Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Van Der Graaf Generator, ELP, The Who, The Move, Family, The Kinks, Can, Neu!, Faust, Creation, The Monks, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell, Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, Gong, Magma, Soft Machine, Donovan, The Velvet Underground, Love, The Beach Boys, Nick Drake, Jefferson Airplane, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, The United States Of America, The Left Banke, The Mamas & The Papas, etc, etc. :nod:

Listen here daddy-o, I don wanna diss yo favourite muse-sick. I loves 'em Moodies alright, 'dem made some outstanding stuff. Da Chord's got "The Actor", "Voices In The Sky" and other delicious bitches for me to dwell on. I just diss some of 'em lyrics 'cos they are like the bones of an old hag.

(Honestly, did anyone take all the Moodies' lyrics seriously back in the '60s or were they just too stoned to pay attention to them? ;) Now they feel dated, but I just ignore them when I put the records on.)

face of glass 08-06-2004 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David
I'd rather hear more from them than another CD of fractured, confused, overreaching productions by Fleetwood Mac.

Man they just suck. Can we speak of a mercy killing yet?

HomerMcvie 08-06-2004 09:57 PM

Quote:

Man they just suck. Can we speak of a mercy killing yet?
At least the one note wonder. :lol:

Hawkeye 08-06-2004 10:09 PM

This is MUCH better the Louisa Joy and about equal to Gergia, but this is all awseome.

golddustwoman77 08-07-2004 10:49 AM

I was definitely thinking Mamas and Papas-esque because of the harmonies. Great lead vocals by Stevie. It is so awesome to be able to hear all of these unheard, Fritz songs! Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

golddust 08-14-2004 11:38 PM

~~~I absolutely love hearing this music - thanks so much!!!

jadegypsy 08-17-2004 12:37 PM

Thanks

Thanks so much for posting this, at first I was afraid my computer wouldn't handle it since I'm on dial up, but luckily it did. It's neat to hear such an early recording. I will have to listen to the other songs now:)