The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New album? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41303)

The Chain 08-15-2009 07:41 AM

New album?

So since the Unleashed Tour began, with all the stage talk, interviews, and just the general speculation of a new album, I've been thinking. About statements from the band, the conversations here, and just wondering.. who thinks they will record again, for sure? And who is unsure?

shackin'up 08-15-2009 08:26 AM

They'll record. With a producer. If they want to make one last big artistic statement, I recommend Jack White.

gypsy4life 08-15-2009 09:39 AM

They seem pretty fired up..I think they will...but, I really hope Christine will,at least,record with them,even if she's opts not to tour...

nailatixela 08-15-2009 09:41 AM

I don't know, I have my doubts that they will record a new studio album. If they go to AUS in dec. and jan. (and it seems like they will) than I'm sure they won't start any project till 2010. Guess it depends what Lindsey and Stevie's plans are after the tour in over, and how they are feeling after the tour is over.

And Chris won't be a part of it at all.

Dodfather 08-15-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailatixela (Post 836663)
I don't know, I have my doubts that they will record a new studio album. If they go to AUS in dec. and jan. (and it seems like they will) than I'm sure they won't start any project till 2010. Guess it depends what Lindsey and Stevie's plans are after the tour in over, and how they are feeling after the tour is over.

And Chris won't be a part of it at all.

I think I'd rather have a new Stevie solo album and then a new Fleetrwood Mac record. That could mean that there could be another Mac album in 3-4 years' time, with Stevie's solo album in 2011 (recorded in 2010) and Mac's in 2012/13 (there was only 2 years between Trouble In Shangri-La and Say You Will after all).

As for producers, I'd like to see them work with Rick Rubin or, as has already been said. Jack White (him and Lindsey could do some GREAT stuff!)

cbBen 08-15-2009 11:58 AM

I don't think Rick Rubin is right for them. John Chelew would do it right. Without ten really good songs, though, no one can make a great record.

David 08-15-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 836658)
They'll record. With a producer. If they want to make one last big artistic statement, I recommend Jack White.

How about someone like Christopher Bishop? or Paul Myers? with Edward T. Graham handling the engineering tasks?

shackin'up 08-15-2009 12:28 PM

Come on David. That's a joke about people of new media isn't it? Do you mean that? At least there is some realism in my recommendation: Lindsey said himself that he'd LOVE to work with Jack White. Not in a lifetime Stevie would, but one never knows with her.....maybe she likes him too.

Fleetwoodmark 08-15-2009 12:57 PM

They couldn't wait untill 2012/13. They would be too old, illness etc would hinder a tour and I don't think at that age a 50 date tour would be on the cards anyway, Lindsey and Stevie's voices wouldn't hold out.

I don't really rate Jack White all that much.

daniellaaarisen 08-15-2009 12:59 PM

Mick said that there was a "good chance" of a new Fleetwood Mac album when I met him in May. That being said, this is one long tour for a bunch of 60-year-olds so although I'm pretty sure they'll keep recording, our tour dates may be very limited or unexistent in the future.

I seriously, seriously hope that isn't the case-- Marissa and I are seriously planning to do everything we can to really dedicate ourselves to a new tour. But who knows?

One thing is fairly certain-- this will probably be Mac's last time out together.

David 08-15-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 836704)
Come on David. That's a joke about people of new media isn't it? Do you mean that?

No no no, they've done some excellent work in production & engineering. I have some of the CDs myself. I like the way they "hear."

nailatixela 08-15-2009 01:18 PM

They have to do another tour. At least we know they are not gonna get away without doing a farewell tour! (was unleashed really Farewell Part 1?)

CADreaming 08-15-2009 01:28 PM

They've probably already got stuff in the can. All the talk is just hype, imo. They have to have some material for the 'ol publicity machine, after all.

At any rate, I hope they do release one more batch of new material. It would be a nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailatixela (Post 836724)
They have to do another tour. At least we know they are not gonna get away without doing a farewell tour! (was unleashed really Farewell Part 1?)

I think it was Farewell Warm Up, part 1...

shackin'up 08-15-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 836716)
No no no, they've done some excellent work in production & engineering. I have some of the CDs myself. I like the way they "hear."

What did they produce? I didn't find anything under their names immediately. didn't do alot of searching though. I'd like to hear some so I can see what you mean....

The Chain 08-15-2009 03:55 PM

I just hope, if there is a new project, it's a little more collaborative in spirit. I really love Say You Will, and while it can feel like a mash up of solo projects, with these artists, at that time, it was the best we were gonna get - and it was great. I like some of the material on SYW just as much Tusk, the best IMO.
But really. If there is going to be one more, or multiple studio projects from this Mac line-up, I really want to see them working closer. I mean, it's been said before, but this is basically Buckingham Nicks with one of the greatest rhythm sections in the modern blues rock world. We got a taste of what it could be like on SYW, but the process wasn't as intimate as it sounds. So I would love to see a real collaboration:thumbsup: