The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

iamnotafraid 01-03-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 931273)

Tom and Jerry is my absolute favourite cartoon.

We should get together and watch a Tom and Jerry marathon.

Is you is, or is you ain't my baby...

Silver Springs 01-03-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 931294)
We should get together and watch a Tom and Jerry marathon.

Is you is, or is you ain't my baby...

We definitely should. Just don't take a leaf from Christine's book and arrive in fancy dress as Mammy Two Shoes :p

iamnotafraid 01-03-2011 07:17 PM

^^ Silver I'll be wearing my zoot suit.

Silver Springs 01-03-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 931298)
^^ Silver I'll be wearing my zoot suit.

Sharp! Sticking to the theme I should really source a French Cavalier outfit and proclaim "Zut Alors" at random moments :p

daniellaaarisen 01-03-2011 07:24 PM

I'm back in Seattle and I just wanna be home again :(

iamnotafraid 01-03-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 931302)
Sharp! Sticking to the theme I should really source a French Cavalier outfit and proclaim "Zut Alors" at random moments :p

This hip cat might need help with Zut Alors Toodles.

TerraRhiannon 01-03-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie (Post 930879)
You, my child, need an Acer. Acer is my go-to for laptops, because they are moderately priced but hard-working, and they usually don't use proprietary components - so if one thing breaks, you can replace it easily and less-expensively than you would be able to do with, say, a Gateway or Dell.

Oh, and make sure it has an AMD processor in it, not an Intel. AMD chips are also moderately priced and hard-working. I personally won't buy a laptop that doesn't have an AMD chip in it, and when I build a desktop, I only use AMD chips.

I'm suddenly blanking on where you live, but I always buy my laptops, the parts to fix my laptops, and the parts for the desktops I build from either www.tigerdirect.com or www.newegg.com - if you are in the States, you'll be able to get a sweet deal, and they both have excellent customer service and tech support, but I am not sure how good-deal they are for folks not in the States.

ETA: After posting, I saw you're in Cananananada, oops. But check those sites anyway - even if you can't get a really good deal, you can use them for research, as they both have extensive inventories and customer reviews.

Hey! I haven't been responding, because I haven't been on here since I posted that, but I just read everyone's suggestions. Thanks! I might get an Acer, everyone I talk to actually says that they are really great, so I don't know where I would go wrong there. Reading these posts makes me actually consider a Mac now, I have to say they do look really sleek, and if I can find a real good one with the right price, I'll consider it!! I'm going to go to Futureshop this week and ask them about their Sony Vaio's first, they look like awesome computers, in performance & looks. I'm surprised no one has one.

iamnotafraid 01-03-2011 08:30 PM

Little Big Town just did a great job singing our National Anthem
at the Orange Bowl. Their harmonies are amazing.

RickRobert 01-03-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 931246)
Yes you do. He's an egotistical turd of the highest order.

Rupert Everett. He was in Dellamorte Dellamore, My Best Friend's Wedding, Unconditional Love, The Comfort Of Strangers, Wild Target etc to name but a few :p

He also did the Lord Byron documentary if you saw it! He's delicious and very VERY filthy haha.

In the 80s maybe... not so much now... Steve Balsamo on the other hand, most definitely is LOVE!

Silver Springs 01-03-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 931340)
In the 80s maybe... not so much now... Steve Balsamo on the other hand, most definitely is LOVE!

*Aghast* Heathen child! Blasphemousl creature! :p Rupert Everett is one of the most delicious creations to ever walk the Earth. Even if he's more seasoned now than he was. Watch Wild Target and tell me I'm wrong. He's one of only few people who have ever made me weak in the knees.

Having said that, in the past I've had disgusting taste in men. Eg, Dustin Hoffman (Kramer Vs Kramer and Tootsie days), Alan Rickman (Who am I kidding? I still like him), Simon Cowell (Shameful), Orlando Bloom (I blame this on being an idiot teen at the time :p) and Kyan Douglas.

Why is it the people I like are either old, gay or arseholes? Never any chance for me lol.

RickRobert 01-03-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 931347)
*Aghast* Heathen child! Blasphemousl creature! :p Rupert Everett is one of the most delicious creations to ever walk the Earth. Even if he's more seasoned now than he was. Watch Wild Target and tell me I'm wrong. He's one of only few people who have ever made me weak in the knees.

Having said that, in the past I've had disgusting taste in men. Eg, Dustin Hoffman (Kramer Vs Kramer and Tootsie days), Alan Rickman (Who am I kidding? I still like him), Simon Cowell (Shameful), Orlando Bloom (I blame this on being an idiot teen at the time :p) and Kyan Douglas.

Why is it the people I like are either old, gay or arseholes? Never any chance for me lol.

Dustin Hoffman reminds me too much of Bryan Ferry... Orlando Bloom isn't so bad. Can't get worse than me though, I thought John Travolta was pretty nice today when I watched a bit of Grease... :o And Olivia Newton-John too obviously. That film is gold.

Silver Springs 01-03-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickRobert (Post 931352)
Dustin Hoffman reminds me too much of Bryan Ferry... Orlando Bloom isn't so bad. Can't get worse than me though, I thought John Travolta was pretty nice today when I watched a bit of Grease... :o And Olivia Newton-John too obviously. That film is gold.

You just went down in my estimations.....lol! Only joking! But seriously, Grease is an abomination. I used to like it but I think I watched it so much that now I can't bear it. It's as annoying as an itch with no fingers to me.

RickRobert 01-03-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 931354)
You just went down in my estimations.....lol! Only joking! But seriously, Grease is an abomination. I used to like it but I think I watched it so much that now I can't bear it. It's as annoying as an itch with no fingers to me.

Yeeeah I get that a lot :p

jannieC 01-03-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 931354)
But seriously, Grease is an abomination.

Blasphemy! :laugh:

Artemis 01-03-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Springs (Post 931347)

Who DOESN'T want a nice bit of Snape?

vivfox 01-04-2011 01:05 AM

Two more days.

APerfectLie 01-04-2011 04:21 AM

I had a completely ****ty day and I may have to put my dog to sleep. I just want to cry. :distress:

Silver Springs 01-04-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APerfectLie (Post 931451)
I had a completely ****ty day and I may have to put my dog to sleep. I just want to cry. :distress:

I'm sorry about your bad day and even more about your Dog! I hope it doesn't come down to euthenasia. I was told the same about my Cat a couple of years ago and we nearly did lose him. Now he's the picture of health.

Silver Springs 01-04-2011 09:43 AM

Leprechauns hide their gold in electrical sockets... You can check at home. Just use forks to get it out.

GODDESS6 01-04-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

awwww i'm sorry to hear this, my heart is w/ you~ i love doggies~

holidayroad 01-04-2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 931271)
*groan* damn my impatience. I just bought ABBA the Movie on DVD and I don't even know if I have enough money for it in my account.

I like your new Abba sig!! 'Dancing Queen' was one of the first songs I ever remember hearing as a child! Right along with Bee Gees 'You Should Be Dancing' and KC and the Sunshine Band 'Boogie Shoes'!

gretchen 01-04-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

I am so sorry to hear you might have to put your precious baby doggie to sleep. So terrible. :distress::distress:. Hugs and comfort to you. :xoxo:

gretchen 01-04-2011 11:40 AM

JTIS I have a ****ty cold and now an earache in the left ear. :(

jannieC 01-04-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. That is one of the hardest decisions to have to make. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

RickRobert 01-04-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 931492)
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. That is one of the hardest decisions to have to make. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

It is... in my case I didn't even get one though... my grandparents decided to put down and cremate mine as I slept.

HomerMcvie 01-04-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

I'm so sorry about your dog, John. God, the torment I went through, with mine(he had cancer, and died, 4 years ago. If you search the "Pet Thread" on here, his almost two year battle, is well documented). For me, I didn't make the decision to euthanize, until I knew he was in pain. We did radiation and chemo, for almost two years, and even an experimental vaccine(which came along too late).....but it wasn't until he cried all night, one night, that I KNEW I couldn't let him live in pain. He was my baby, and I loved him more than anything in the world, but I couldn't let him suffer.

That's "Cash" in my avatar.

HejiraNYC 01-04-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holidayroad (Post 931477)
I like your new Abba sig!! 'Dancing Queen' was one of the first songs I ever remember hearing as a child! Right along with Bee Gees 'You Should Be Dancing' and KC and the Sunshine Band 'Boogie Shoes'!

I loved this song so much as a kid that I used to call up the radio station to request it when it first came out. Such. a. dork.

HejiraNYC 01-04-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

I hate that feeling. Sorry you're going through this. :distress: The day I had to put down my 18-year-old cat, I remember feeling very purposeful and I anticipated it as much as I loathed it. I realized that I was doing the right thing by letting go. It can be the ultimate act of kindness.

daniellaaarisen 01-04-2011 03:11 PM

Question:

Do you guys tend to be more cautious or rebellious in terms of taking personal risks?

ButterCookie 01-04-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 931531)
Question:

Do you guys tend to be more cautious or rebellious in terms of taking personal risks?

If it affects me: Cautious

If it affects others: Rebellious

GODDESS6 01-04-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 931531)
Question:

i was way more rebellious when i was your age, but now that i am older & a mommy, i chose to be more cautious because it isn't just about me anymore~

jannieC 01-04-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 931504)
I loved this song so much as a kid that I used to call up the radio station to request it when it first came out. Such. a. dork.

I have a friend who has an actual dance "routine" that she performs to this song any time she hears it. It is HILARIOUS.

ButterCookie 01-04-2011 04:45 PM

I tend to mix together a bit of all the dancing I've seen Anna and Frida do when I hear any ABBA song :laugh:

JTIS just hacked my hair off into a Joan Jett cut. Felt liberating.

daniellaaarisen 01-04-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6 (Post 931536)
i was way more rebellious when i was your age, but now that i am older & a mommy, i chose to be more cautious because it isn't just about me anymore~

Hmmmmm.... interesting. I'm assuming this is how most people are.

Meowi 01-04-2011 07:39 PM

Anyone up for the rumored ABBA reunion?

Silver Springs 01-04-2011 08:08 PM

I hate taking the Cat downstairs to his room at 1am after the Grandfather Clock's finished chiming and it's dark and quiet. It's chilling. I have such an overactive imagination that it's not even funny anymore. Everytime I open a door leading to the dark downstairs I see a Zombie or something coming at me. I actually physically see them.

Strange but true.

Artemis 01-04-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowi (Post 931600)

I'm 50/50 on it. On one hand, I'd sell/pay a great deal to see ABBA live... on the other hand, they are older now, so what if they aren't as good and they ruin their image? They were so brilliant, that a reunion would either be ball-breakingly disappointing, or the best thing ever.

HejiraNYC 01-04-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meowi (Post 931600)

It sounds like more than rumor to me...

http://www.raffem.com/images/Agnetha/P1020780.JPG

From the December 28, 2010 issue of "m Magasin" in Sweden:

"No and yes. - A one-time basis reunion, perhaps in connection with any charity, I think maybe we all could imagine", says Agnetha.
- We will hardly be reunited for a tour as the Rolling Stones and other old bands do now. But however, I can imagine that we could do something together in the future, she says.
- It's just a feeling I have that it would be fun to get together, talk a bit about the past and may be do something together. But then it has to be something special.
I am open to see the others and do something, she adds, but points out that she had not had contact with Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad."

I am afraid that, if something is gonna happen, I want to be there! Who cares if they're old? Agnetha still looks okay for an old broad. :cool:

iamnotafraid 01-04-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 931554)

JTIS just hacked my hair off into a Joan Jett cut. Felt liberating.

Weird timing, I just got my hair cut this evening.
Can't believe I'm even better looking than before.

Silver Springs 01-04-2011 09:27 PM

Why do people always have to take their bad moods out on me? I'm sick of it. They accuse me of being the bad person then for not just taking it. I can't do anything right...