The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

Silver Springs 12-31-2011 04:06 PM

I finally get to bring home the Cat I fell in love with at the Sanctuary I volunteer at tomorrow. I'm so excited.

SaidSomething 12-31-2011 04:43 PM

May I ask for a favor? My heart is breaking...

This morning...
The day to celebrate a New Year full of hope, faith, and love...

And to close the door on heartaches and pain in 2011.

My nephew, Ian, a 13 year old child passed away. I am looking at photos of him and his brother right now. I had a hotel room in San Diego with a whirlpool in the bedroom...so, I filled it with bubble bath and the kids were playing hide and seek in (no exaggeration) a huge room full of bubbles...they were having so much fun...I think I was having more fun then them.

Ian was the sensitive little guy. Tough boy exterior...but, the most tender of heart...and easily hurt...but, he kept it in.
my brothers wife used the two boys as pawns in a sick scheme...and insulting my nephew repeatedly about his weight and intelligence...all while she was consuming massive doses of bootleg methadone.

She took away the kids, wiped my brothers bank account, shut down cell phones...etc. ian was close to my brother...and she didn't like it.

Before I left...Ian asked me not to go...and Uncle Jimmy...please stay...

Why are the most loving, sensitive, good and kind souls always tormented the most by people?

My nephew was found dead in his bed this morning. Grape vine stories are saying he was so sad...and he was taking his mothers methadone. She took the kids and shacked up with some guy that put her in a BMW.

If you pray...
Send one to my brother and all those that are so far beyond grief....

Let Ian's mission designed by God...be a catalyst for miracles...as his death be a ripple effect to go and make awareness enough to stop the reasons my little angel and others like him...leave us so soon.

I love you all...let's embrace love in 2012...and away will go pain, crime, hate, sadness...

Jim H Ford:xoxo:

beccamorrisfift 12-31-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick (Post 1033623)
My aunt lost her battle with pancreatic cancer last night. My family and I are going through a very tough time right now, and I'm doing everything I can to distract myself at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaidSomething (Post 1033659)
This morning...

My nephew, Ian, a 13 year old child passed away. I am looking at photos of him and his brother right now. I had a hotel room in San Diego with a whirlpool in the bedroom...so, I filled it with bubble bath and the kids were playing hide and seek in (no exaggeration) a huge room full of bubbles...they were having so much fun...I think I was having more fun then them.

Ian was the sensitive little guy. Tough boy exterior...but, the most tender of heart...and easily hurt...but, he kept it in.
my brothers wife used the two boys as pawns in a sick scheme...and insulting my nephew repeatedly about his weight and intelligence...all while she was consuming massive doses of bootleg methadone.

She took away the kids, wiped my brothers bank account, shut down cell phones...etc. ian was close to my brother...and she didn't like it.

Why are the most loving, sensitive, good and kind souls always tormented the most by people?

My nephew was found dead in his bed this morning. Grape vine stories are saying he was so sad...and he was taking his mothers methadone. She took the kids and shacked up with some guy that put her in a BMW.

If you pray...

Let Ian's mission designed by God...be a catalyst for miracles...as his death be a ripple effect to go and make awareness enough to stop the reasons my little angel and others like him...leave us so soon.

I love you all...let's embrace love in 2012...and away will go pain, crime, hate, sadness...

Jim, I truly admire your positivity, something truly heart breaking has happened to you and you refuse to let your spirit be crushed, that takes a very strong person.
Fleetwoodtrick, sometimes distraction can be the easiest and most welcoming thing in dark times, I know it is for me, I hope things get easier.
I'm so sorry both of your losses and wish you nothing but happiness, laughter, peace and love in 2012, my thoughts are with both of your families. <3

jannieC 12-31-2011 05:06 PM

Jim I am so sorry. My 15 year old niece committed suicide two years ago. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Silver Springs 12-31-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick (Post 1033623)
My aunt lost her battle with pancreatic cancer last night. My family and I are going through a very tough time right now, and I'm doing everything I can to distract myself at the moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaidSomething (Post 1033659)
This morning...

If you pray...

It's hard to know what to say. And whatever springs to mind never seems enough. But I wish the best for you both and your families.

vivfox 12-31-2011 06:31 PM

Jim Ford, I'm so sorry for your loss, for your pain and heartache. I pray that your soul will heal. I know it will be difficult. You have lost a cherished loved one.

HomerMcvie 12-31-2011 08:05 PM

Jim, I'm so sorry, for your tragic loss.

McTrouble 12-31-2011 08:57 PM

OK, so I'm just back from a GREAT New Years Eve party, absolutely bladdered (just what I needed), danced my socks off, and will probably be mortified when I read this back in the morning but.......HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!! :woohoo::blob1:
Anybody out there to chat?.....

vivfox 12-31-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTrouble (Post 1033690)
OK, so I'm just back from a GREAT New Years Eve party, absolutely bladdered (just what I needed), danced my socks off, and will probably be mortified when I read this back in the morning but.......HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!! :woohoo::blob1:
Anybody out there to chat?.....

It's still 2011 here. It's very foggy out tonight. I worry about my mom who will be on the road later tonight. I'm hungry so I just ordered a grinder(sub) and onion rings to be delivered here.

McTrouble 12-31-2011 09:10 PM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1033692)
It's still 2011 here. It's very foggy out tonight. I worry about my mom who will be on the road later tonight. I'm hungry so I just ordered a grinder(sub) and onion rings to be delivered here.

Well, as I'm pretty ratarsed I am obviously starving.......could just devour some of your onion rings!

McTrouble 12-31-2011 09:11 PM

^ Not nice driving in fog - hope your Mom has a safe journey!!!!!

louielouie2000 12-31-2011 09:16 PM

I don't think I've ever been more excited about the coming of a new year. Life just gets better and better, and I think 2012 is going to be really fantastic. :woohoo:

McTrouble 12-31-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1033699)
I don't think I've ever been more excited about the coming of a new year. Life just gets better and better, and I think 2012 is going to be really fantastic. :woohoo:

Hurrah to that! :thumbsup:

It's up to us to make it so! :nod:

vivfox 12-31-2011 11:56 PM

It is 2012 EST(Ledgie time 11:56)

HomerMcvie 01-01-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1033699)

I agree. I always thought life was supposed to be over at 30, but amazingly, it does just get better. I thought about this, a lot, yesterday...
2010 - was truly the year of reinvention for myself(even though many crazy things came from it)
2011 - was spent refining that reinvention, much more focused on greater goals.
2012 - who knows? But I've got a really good feeling about it!