The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

fumidesigns 08-22-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 1009461)
I got in a huge argument with my sister first thing in the morning and was feeling pretty bitter about the world until I saw my two-year-old for the first time in nearly 2 weeks.

u have a child?! i didn't know that. girl or boy?

fumidesigns 08-22-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezzoforte (Post 1009463)
Well played.;)

I'd be right there with you guys, but look into it first.
Highlights from the link:
"The FDA also does not require ingredient disclosure on the inks—they are considered proprietary (trade secrets)—and so tattoo inks may contain any chemical, including those known to be mutagenic (capable of causing mutations), teratogenic (capable of causing birth defects), and carcinogenic (capable of causing cancer), or involved in other biochemical reactions in the body that might take decades to appear."
"The carrier solution itself might contain harmful substances such as denatured alcohols, methanol, rubbing alcohol, antifreeze, detergents, or formaldehyde and other highly toxic aldehydes."

thank you Ms. Killjoy! lmao! i already have one and here you go...........

i'll read the entire article later.............dayum! :lol:

daniellaaarisen 08-22-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumidesigns (Post 1009464)
u have a child?! i didn't know that. girl or boy?

Hahahaha no, I'm her nanny!

fumidesigns 08-22-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 1009469)
Hahahaha no, I'm her nanny!

oooooooooooooooooooh ok! Gotcha! i was about to say "happy belated Mother's Day" lol!

fumidesigns 08-22-2011 12:06 PM

wtf?! y the hell aren't Christopher and I connected on FB?! i'm feeling some type of way about that!!! :mad:

you betta accept my request...........cuz i love your laugh!!!!

well dayum.......as i type this, he accepts!

daniellaaarisen 08-22-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezzoforte (Post 1009463)

I'd be right there with you guys, but look into it first.
Highlights from the link:
"The FDA also does not require ingredient disclosure on the inks—they are considered proprietary (trade secrets)—and so tattoo inks may contain any chemical, including those known to be mutagenic (capable of causing mutations), teratogenic (capable of causing birth defects), and carcinogenic (capable of causing cancer), or involved in other biochemical reactions in the body that might take decades to appear."
"The carrier solution itself might contain harmful substances such as denatured alcohols, methanol, rubbing alcohol, antifreeze, detergents, or formaldehyde and other highly toxic aldehydes."

It is all about the quality of the shop in my opinion. Go to a ****ty tattoo shop and there's a risk of lower quality ink. We would obviously do our research and we'll be fine.

Funny that Marissa popped up when tattoos got mentioned -- we got them together a few years back.

fringed n fab 08-22-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1009437)
My mother believes because I was tired I simply forgot to turn the light off before bed and when I awoke this morning Bee, it was very windy. I smell Autumn in the air.

I do kinda miss that and fall colors. But not winter. We'll be hot and humid down here at least till December. I can't believe though it's gearing up for fall already up north. Nothing seems as rushed down here since living here as far as seasons. It's sunny humid and about 100+ outside with the heat index. And a possible hurricane on the way. I guess we'll see. :shocked:

Enchanted_Stevi 08-22-2011 05:18 PM

JTIS...

That I didnt get the job at Old Navy...So I went to the mall and put my name in at some salons there. i'm gonna apply to another salon tomorrow. I have the application and I'll bring it in tmrw.

MacShadowsBall 08-22-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 1009536)
JTIS...

That I didnt get the job at Old Navy...So I went to the mall and put my name in at some salons there. i'm gonna apply to another salon tomorrow. I have the application and I'll bring it in tmrw.

Sorry about that. :sorry: I'm assuming that you did at least get the interview. Sometimes just doing interviews and learning from them can go a long way.

I'm supposed to have orientation for my new job Thursday, but I haven't heard from them since my interview Tuesday. They said then I'm hired as long as I passed the drug test. I don't do drugs, so I don't know what happened. I'll call em in the morning.

Enchanted_Stevi 08-22-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall (Post 1009539)
Sorry about that. :sorry: I'm assuming that you did at least get the interview. Sometimes just doing interviews and learning from them can go a long way.

I'm supposed to have orientation for my new job Thursday, but I haven't heard from them since my interview Tuesday. They said then I'm hired as long as I passed the drug test. I don't do drugs, so I don't know what happened. I'll call em in the morning.

Its okay...I guess its a sign...saying "hey why dont you apply to some salons" lol

Hmmmm, yea I'd call them

fumidesigns 08-22-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 1009554)
Its okay...I guess its a sign...saying "hey why dont you apply to some salons" lol

Hmmmm, yea I'd call them

I know a couple ppl that found jobs at places like SuperCuts after leaving school. Maybe u should check those kinds of chains out.....if u haven't already.

Enchanted_Stevi 08-23-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumidesigns (Post 1009562)
I know a couple ppl that found jobs at places like SuperCuts after leaving school. Maybe u should check those kinds of chains out.....if u haven't already.

Yea I talked to the lady at the JC Penny salon and she told me that she does a lot of stuff with Cost Cutters....So I have an application for them. Then I'm gonna apply to like Best Cuts and Super Cuts and the Walmart Salon lol Start small for now

fumidesigns 08-23-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi (Post 1009662)
Yea I talked to the lady at the JC Penny salon and she told me that she does a lot of stuff with Cost Cutters....So I have an application for them. Then I'm gonna apply to like Best Cuts and Super Cuts and the Walmart Salon lol Start small for now

awesome! good luck to you w/ that girlie!

Enchanted_Stevi 08-23-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumidesigns (Post 1009675)
awesome! good luck to you w/ that girlie!

Thanks =D I hope I get in somewhere! I miss doing hair lol

mezzoforte 08-23-2011 01:04 PM

Anyone else feel that earthquake? Totally unnerved me. I'm shaking on my own now.