The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Just Thought I'd Share Thread (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=41544)

Black_Moon 11-15-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 854323)
For me, I'm just focused on escaping from what I've experience up until this point. I want something huge or something tiny, a really rural school or a really urban school. I've been in mid-size Catholic schools in suburbia for the majority of my life (minus the year I was kinda homeschooled-- long story) and I just need a change. But yes, Tim, I think you're right-- which is why I'll be spending a lot of time visiting each campus once I have my list of acceptances.

:/ so stressful!

Ugh, Dani I'm going to be able to empathise soon! In a couple of months time I have to start my university applications, and due to the fact that everyone who's been through it already says it's horrific. We have this system called UCAS over here, and basically it's a pretty in-depth personal statement of what extra-cirricular activities you've done, a bit about yourself - probably similar to your application system in the US, actually. For someone like me who has done very few extra-cirricular activites in my five years prior to sixth form college, I'm having to sign up for as much as possible now, which isn't a good idea as I took four A-Levels. In short, that equals a ****load of work.

So, good luck with your applications! You're a highly intelligent, interesting person, I'm sure you'll be just fine. :)

Ghost_Tracker 11-16-2009 10:33 PM

BUCKLE up! ! ! ! - - - -

The new Star Trek movie is coming out on DVD tomorrow. :nod:

Ghost_Tracker 11-16-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen (Post 854217)
I am applying to way too many colleges.

New York University
Brown University
Columbia University

Colgate University

Oberlin College
Boston University

UCLA

If you're gonna go big, then why not go REALLY big and apply to Harvard, Yale and Princeton?

http://clothesonfilm.com/wp-content/...ay-ban.bmp.jpg

vivfox 11-17-2009 12:39 AM

Hey Ghost_Tracker, Manana noche con Juan R.

Enchanted_Stevi 11-17-2009 08:32 AM

I'm getting ready for my Intro to Biotechnology class....from 9:30-1. Then doing a couple chores when I get home.

JTIS

LikeAWillow 11-17-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker (Post 854321)
But yeah, Boston University is a WAY good school i.m.o.
Except I've heard many people say that it's gotten HUGELY Conservative.

This sounds much more like BC than BU to me. Then again, I'm biased. A Boston University girl asked one of my friends who had covered her costume with a pea coat on Halloween whether she was going as a Wellesley girl.

vivfox 11-18-2009 12:30 AM

Just got home from date #9 with Juan R. He's coming over again on Sundae afternoon.

brysondt 11-18-2009 01:59 AM

I have neglected my Ledgies. I miss you guys. I've been busy doing a whole lot of nothing, yet everything.

I just made spaghetti. It was fabulous. There is a lot left. I want more garlic bread....LOTS of garlic, cus I be loving me some garlic. Since this is the whatever thread, here are random things that have occurred within the last couple of days:

I think I woke up making out with Sara's cat. I'm not real sure what she was doing to me, but I am pretty sure that cat was all up in my mouth. Funny....I mean, it's funny now, NOT funny when it happen.

I've only cooked once in like a whole month, which is not normal for me. I generally always cook. I'm losing the feeling of responsibility and I don't like it.

I quit my job teaching and now unemployed again, haha. It's not really funny, but I have to laugh. I liked it a lot, it was fun, but I really don't think it's for me after all. I was stressing more than I was being helpful to the kids, which is the most important thing in that field of work. So now it's back to job hunting. I have an interview set up for Friday with this nutrition company that sounds hella exciting, or at least I will get to try lots of dietary products at discount price which makes me giddy.

I cut like 3 inches off my hair yesterday for no apparently reason and went blonder. I'm feeling very.......Marilyn these days, haha. Or maybe just crazy.

I know there was more random things to share, but my brain is not functioning at the moment. I haven't had Diet Coke in days and I am really suffering.

Love to all.

FMlex 11-18-2009 09:57 AM

I miss youuuuuuu, Bryson.

<3

golddustdrummer 11-18-2009 10:48 AM

I start my new job tomorrow. I'm scared to death.

JTIS

Kena 11-18-2009 11:17 AM

I'm turning 30 in 29 days.

I'm going to Silver Springs Florida for my birthday.

It's cold today in South Alabama.

Enchanted_Stevi 11-18-2009 11:25 AM

Lets see I signed up for my classes this coming spring. I'm gonna be taking ...
Internt Technologies(online class)
Principles of BioChemistry(lecture and a lab)
BioTechnology Experience(lecture and a lab)
Phys. Ed(yess laugh all you want)

Idk why I gotta take gym...maybe its because i'm in a community college..whatever. It will make me exesise everyday(Mon-Fri) from 9-12:45...lol

FMlex 11-18-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golddustdrummer (Post 854810)
I start my new job tomorrow. I'm scared to death.

JTIS

Congrats!!! You got this :)

holidayroad 11-18-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kena (Post 854811)
I'm turning 30 in 29 days.

I'm going to Silver Springs Florida for my birthday.

It's cold today in South Alabama.

Definitely cooler today! I'm in Northeast AL (not originally from here though!)

chelluversu 11-18-2009 06:45 PM

this year i am determined to get straight A's all yr which i havent been able to do since middle school..my first report card was amazing with 6 A's and 1 B...that b made me a little sad lol but that class is APUSH (ap us history) which is hell for anyone's gpa lol...

im joining the indoor track team this yr and im going to continue playing tennis in the spring (btw i made top 6 on the team in my first month of playing..ive been playing since march soo hmm its been 9 months now)

I couldn't run in track practice today because i didnt have my physical filled out yet so i froze to death on the football stand and hung out with the asians (you would be amazed at how diverse my school is..but theres mostly hispanics..who all seem to be from el salvador lol)

and lastly, im trying to halt this procrastination thing thats going on with me but..doesnt seem to be working. each week for apush i have an outline to do (of the chapter we are covering) and i always seem to start working on it the day before its do (i get perfect scores on them tho so.. alls well that ends well =] )..same thing with a spanish project i had to do (that i had to present in spanish..great times =\ ) << i wonder what grade i got on that thing..my teacher is a completely douche so..idk

http://nicolai.freedom.groupfusion.n...503393cbd78a3d

and my teacher posted this on the school's website..its quite nuts that this is how girls are but..watch it