The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine's 1984 solo tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37738)

PenguinHead 10-16-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 780204)
You mean, of course, since she joined Fleetwood Mac. She performed with Chicken Shack in the earlier days.

Did Chris ever do any "guest appearances" with any other artists? MacFan will probably know.

Yes, I meant during the time she was in Fleetwood Mac. She's made numerous guest appearances too.

Macfan4life 05-11-2017 07:59 AM

33 years ago today I saw Christine on her 1984 solo tour :)
I tried to find the review tour thread but could not so I am posting here.
If anyone else has tour stories, would love to hear.

Wdm6789 05-19-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1209338)
33 years ago today I saw Christine on her 1984 solo tour :)
I tried to find the review tour thread but could not so I am posting here.
If anyone else has tour stories, would love to hear.

Did she happen to play The Challenge? I love that song.

Macfan4life 05-20-2017 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1209829)
Did she happen to play The Challenge? I love that song.

She played her entire album except Who's Dreaming this dream. The Challenge was early in the set. She even played a cut that did not make it to the album but was featured on MTV "Too much is not enough."
The Challenge was the name of John McVie's boat. I got to see her tour bus parked a few blocks from the theater and it was also named "The Challenge" that was artfully painted on the bus.
Eric Clapton on guitar really makes the song special.

BLY 05-20-2017 03:17 PM

I saw the show in Kings Dominion in Virginia. It was a great show. The band was amazing and she sounded great. The only "Mac" show in 1984. I saw the Mirage tour in 1982 and would see the Rock A Little tour in 1985.......those were the days! I always wished Mr. Buckingham would have toured for Go Insane.:cool::cool:

David 05-21-2017 01:50 PM

At Universal Amphitheatre -- middle of June 1984 -- Mick Fleetwood grabbed himself a seat up front for most of the night. No sign of the other Macsters, though.

FM77 11-27-2018 03:24 PM

I saw this tour as well. I loved it.

jbrownsjr 11-28-2018 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1209959)
At Universal Amphitheatre -- middle of June 1984 -- Mick Fleetwood grabbed himself a seat up front for most of the night. No sign of the other Macsters, though.

I was there with my uncle.

David 11-28-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1244661)
I was there with my uncle.

I remember saying hello to you and your uncle!

No, I'm only kidding. I don't remember chatting with you or your uncle.

My favorite moment of the concert was when Christine did a full cartwheel onstage. The crowd cheered wildly, held in thrall to her willowy, mysterious moves and eerily mystical presence as she danced like a dervish to the beat of an Indian raga, chiffon scarves billowing in the breeze.

DownOnRodeo 11-28-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1244684)
My favorite moment of the concert was when Christine did a full cartwheel onstage. The crowd cheered wildly, held in thrall to her willowy, mysterious moves and eerily mystical presence as she danced like a dervish to the beat of an Indian raga, chiffon scarves billowing in the breeze.

Were the 1980s your 1960s, David? :laugh:

jbrownsjr 11-29-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1244684)
I remember saying hello to you and your uncle!

No, I'm only kidding. I don't remember chatting with you or your uncle.

It wasn't a cartwheel. She did a backflip in her stovepipe legged pants. And then, did a line of coke off the grand piano that was placed stage left.

Funny "true" story when I saw her in Cleveland earlier in the year on that tour:

She had a glass of champagne and an ashtray on her keyboard rack and it fell off the rack onto the stage. She and George Hawkins just looked at each other and laughed.

It was right in the middle of Love Will Show Us How.