The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2016 Presidental Election (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55889)

welcomechris 02-23-2016 03:10 PM

2016 Presidental Election

Who would you all like to be the next president? :]

SisterNightroad 02-23-2016 03:13 PM

This thread is dangerous.

welcomechris 02-23-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1178791)
This thread is dangerous.

Aka why i made it anonymous ;)

SisterNightroad 02-23-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1178795)
Aka why i made it anonymous ;)

No, I meant it could attract ****storms.

welcomechris 02-23-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1178797)

LOL well sorry than

Macfanforever 02-23-2016 07:26 PM

The Buckingham /Nicks ticket sounds good for me.

I cant comment on this HOT TOPIC unless Stevie,Lindsey,Mick,John and Christine are running for office in 2016.

I'm no moderator but most forums prohibited politics and religion since they can get very nasty. I dont want to see us FM fans get verbally beatin' up on our liking's.

louielouie2000 02-24-2016 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1178797)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 1178800)
I'm no moderator but most forums prohibited politics and religion since they can get very nasty. I dont want to see us FM fans get verbally beatin' up on our liking's.

The Ledge has stayed pretty civil when it comes to hot button topics like politics and religion. Those two topics are welcome- just keep it respectful and localized to the Chit Chat section, and everything should be fine. :thumbsup:

Macfanforever 02-24-2016 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1178827)
The Ledge has stayed pretty civil when it comes to hot button topics like politics and religion. Those two topics are welcome- just keep it respectful and localized to the Chit Chat section, and everything should be fine. :thumbsup:

OK .Thanks Louie.

FuzzyPlum 02-24-2016 01:49 PM

Probably shouldn't be voting as a non-American.

I quite liked Trump when I used to watch celebrity apprentice.
However, a couple of years ago I saw a documentary about his golf resort in Scotland. The way he treated some of the locals in order to push through his development was disgusting. He's a big bully and and doesn't give a sh!t for the 'little man'. He's made Alex Salmond (former First Minister for Scotland) look like a total idiot for helping to push through his initial planning applications in the first place. If only Salmond could turn back the clock.

An abridged version of the documentary;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADecI4xw-yg

Much credit to the UK and Scottish governments for repeatly standing up to Trump and his repeated objections to the offshore wind farm.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen_Bay_Wind_Farm

Montclare 02-24-2016 08:52 PM

I voted for Hillary, but that was mainly to keep someone ahead of Trump. Truth is, I'm fine with either Hillary or Bernie, but I'm not particularly excited about either one. I wish Elizabeth Warren had run.

lilyfee 02-24-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montclare (Post 1178844)
I voted for Hillary, but that was mainly to keep someone ahead of Trump. Truth is, I'm fine with either Hillary or Bernie, but I'm not particularly excited about either one. I wish Elizabeth Warren had run.

Elizabeth Warren is amazing! I saw her speak once and she has my vote for president if/when she decides to run!:nod:

WatchChain 03-01-2016 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilyfee (Post 1178846)
Elizabeth Warren is amazing! I saw her speak once and she has my vote for president if/when she decides to run!:nod:

I, too, LOVE Elizabeth Warren. When Hillary gets the Democratic nomination, could she choose Elizabeth Warren as a running mate? It would be a dream ticket.

I don't think it will happen, but wishful thinking exists in my realm of politics.

Macfanforever 03-01-2016 10:33 PM

Looking good for Mr "T".:D

welcomechris 03-02-2016 03:00 PM

Hillary Clinton is such a liar. She'll say anything to get elected.

I do think it's time for a woman president, but not her.

Macfanforever 03-02-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1179027)
Hillary Clinton is such a liar. She'll say anything to get elected.

I do think it's time for a woman president, but not her.

I'm not fond of Mrs C but I'll give the Clinton's credit for getting FM together to perform for them.

If she was just being a first lady like Mrs Obama and other first ladies of this country instead of getting involve in things .She would be fine for president or VP.

I love to see a woman pres some day.As mentioned in my earlier post .Stevie Nicks.LOL .

I dont know much about Mrs Warren but Judge Judy would clean things up.To bad Carly Fiorina did not continue .She said some good things on the debates and shes an outsiders like Mr Trump and Dr Ben Carson.

I just read that Dr Carson might be bailing out.Too bad. He's a nice calm guy in the bunch.