The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "Don't Stop" on American Idol (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=43657)

vermicious knid 04-21-2010 08:32 AM

"Don't Stop" on American Idol

bluefox4000 04-21-2010 08:54 AM

I liked Casey but he's become predictable and boring. I thought things were looking up after Jealous Guy......no. He also has a vibrato like a sheep.

Mick

tr1 04-21-2010 10:59 AM

I like Casey, too. But they need to just stop doing Fleetwood Mac songs on American Idol. They just butcher the hell out of them. Someone did Dreams earlier this season and I almost threw up from anger. :mad: Do the songs justice people, please. Let Lee Dewyze take a crack at one. :thumbsup:

lilymoon 04-21-2010 11:34 AM

i agree ^^. they need to stop - it's horrifying. yuk.:mad:

stevinix1 04-21-2010 12:16 PM

Guitar

Does anyone know what the deal was with the guitar he used?
I couldn't tell who made the guitar and Ryan said that there were only 20 made? I don't ever remember Lindsey using one like that.

Fever Dance 04-21-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevinix1 (Post 885039)
Does anyone know what the deal was with the guitar he used?
I couldn't tell who made the guitar and Ryan said that there were only 20 made? I don't ever remember Lindsey using one like that.

It was a Les Paul Jr Double Cutaway..John Lennon played one in the 70's. Not sure about only 20 of them being made, maybe Ryan had it confused with a Turner since Linds let him use it ?

ButterCookie 04-21-2010 01:08 PM

What the **** was that? :sorry:

And that trippy camerawork made me feel nauseous :lol:

Musicman408 04-21-2010 02:03 PM

Someone's trying to sound like John Mayer- or however you spell it.

tilthefirefades 04-21-2010 02:43 PM

My friends don't even know who Fleetwood Mac is. So when they do these horrible performances (last nights was the best so far, still not great though) they get the wrong impression of them. It's hard and annoying to explain to them that FM is not just a soft rock corny band of the 70's. I wish someone would go out there and not do a cover of one of their softer hits. ISA or TITN, or hell even an all out Rhiannon like Rosebud would be nice. I just get so sick of everyone calling them soft rock, or just plain soft. Granted they may be for the most part, but they don't realize this is a band that contains the Queen of Rock, a guitar God, and an amazing drummer and bassist.

ButterCookie 04-21-2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilthefirefades (Post 885075)
but they don't realize this is a band that contains the Queen of Rock, a guitar God, and an amazing drummer and bassist.

And the hottest piece of ass my side of the Atlantic ;) Not to mention, the song writer

StreetAngel95 04-21-2010 03:08 PM

Am i the only one who enjoyed it? It may have been because i'm not for one of those, "thank the lord, my savior - let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya" type of songs...

I will admit that the arrangement was a tad weird, but i would definitely see a Casey concert!

tilthefirefades 04-21-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 885077)
And the hottest piece of ass my side of the Atlantic ;) Not to mention, the song writer

Haha I would never forget Chris, I love her to death. But I was making a point with harder rock. Isn't It Midnight is just about her only rocker. Her others are usually softer.

michelej1 04-21-2010 05:29 PM

From www.movieline.com

http://www.movieline.com/2010/04/post-5.php

Casey read that roaring Idol crowd like a book: He knew the tweens wanted to hear an inauguration anthem from before they were born. My God, it happened for them! We didn’t get to see when Casey slept with most members of Rickey Minor’s band and wrote a blockbuster ’70s album, or when he ingested hills of cocaine with his “bottom end” (quoth Shania Twain), but he captured that Fleetwood Mac air and Christine McVie indifference. It was as “indifferent” as it gets, actually. For Top 7 night, this performance needed to register with us much more.

bucklind17 04-21-2010 06:48 PM

MTV's Jim Cantiello recaps the performances and apparently, Lindsey lent Casey the guitar to use for the performance? I find this hard to believe, and it just pissed Jim off, apparently!

"Speaking of Casey James, Lindsey Buckingham lent that guy his guitar for the performance? Lindsey Buckingham, we need to have a talk. I know you recorded a solo album called Go Insane in the 80s so I shouldn't be surprised that you totally are insane, but seriously? Casey James? Bad! Bad Lindsey Buckingham!"

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/04/21/a..._share_twitter

Fever Dance 04-21-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 (Post 885081)
Am i the only one who enjoyed it? It may have been because i'm not for one of those, "thank the lord, my savior - let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya" type of songs...

I will admit that the arrangement was a tad weird, but i would definitely see a Casey concert!

I liked it too. It wasn't great, but I was just excited to hear a FM song by a decent singer/guitar player on AI. After seeing the butchering of Rhiannon and Dreams earlier this season, I was pleasantly surprised to see Casey perform Don't Stop, even if it wasn't as good as we wanted it to be. And I may be in the minority here, but I think its very cool that Lindsey let him use one of his guitars. It was good publicity for him if nothing else. I'm not sure if any of you really follow Idol or care, but Casey is probably the best guitar player that's ever been on the show. And he really is talented, check out his rendition of Jealous Guy from a few weeks ago :)