The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Montreal Cancelled ???? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52139)

Nicks Fan 06-01-2013 09:37 PM

Montreal Cancelled ????

FYI for those who are going or who were thinking of going.
On Facebook it was reported by someone who was at the Denver show who overheard an employee who works for FM say that the Montreal show is cancelled. I wonder if Stevie's pain is really bothering her? I heard it was sold out so I doubt it is the old poor ticket sales excuse.

MikeInNV 06-01-2013 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicks Fan (Post 1094761)
FYI for those who are going or who were thinking of going.
On Facebook it was reported by someone who was at the Denver show who overheard an employee who works for FM say that the Montreal show is cancelled. I wonder if Stevie's pain is really bothering her? I heard it was sold out so I doubt it is the old poor ticket sales excuse.

How could it be related to Stevie's pain if there are 8 other shows between now and Montreal?

Nicks Fan 06-01-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1094762)
How could it be related to Stevie's pain if there are 8 other shows between now and Montreal?

That is just speculation so far. It seems to be what the comments are alluding to and that perhaps more cancellations are likely.

Nicks Fan 06-01-2013 10:20 PM

This could also just be a weird one off cancellation.

mottabam 06-01-2013 10:32 PM

On Ticketmaster for Montreal it says "! NO TICKETS RIGHT NOW" so possibly something happening. Any other rumors regarding other shows?
Looking forward to Tampa next Friday.

Nicks Fan 06-01-2013 10:48 PM

No info so far on any other shows.

SadAngel86 06-02-2013 09:00 AM

Oh god, please don't cancel mine. It's in less than two weeks!

Eponymous 06-02-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottabam (Post 1094767)
On Ticketmaster for Montreal it says "! NO TICKETS RIGHT NOW" so possibly something happening. Any other rumors regarding other shows?

I believe that refers to the "Platinum Package" Tickets. It seems that tickets are still being sold for the few remaining seats. A friend of mine just purchased a pair.

mottabam 06-02-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eponymous (Post 1094791)
I believe that refers to the "Platinum Package" Tickets. It seems that tickets are still being sold for the few remaining seats. A friend of mine just purchased a pair.

I think you might be correct. I didn't see the link from ticketmaster to the partner site handling tickets. Perhaps the rumor of cancellation(s) is just that, rumor only. Hope everyone enjoys the upcoming shows.

WelshWitchPMD 06-05-2013 05:17 PM

Both Ft Lauderdale and Montreal have been officially cancelled.

mottabam 06-05-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD (Post 1095126)
Both Ft Lauderdale and Montreal have been officially cancelled.

So sorry for all the fans that were planning on attending these shows.:distress: Any idea what the "conflict" is? Poor sales? Something with the band? Health etc?:shrug:
Although the press release says tour resumes in Atlanta, I assume tonights show and Tampa, FL are still going to happen?

Macfanforever 06-05-2013 07:04 PM

Thats to bad for the fans that are going especially the fans that travel 1000's of miles to go see them.

wheart 06-06-2013 07:57 AM

I don't understand Live Nation's reason for the cancellations as a "scheduling conflict". Tour dates are mapped out way before the tour even starts. I'm curious to know what possibly could have come up that nobody knew about last year when the tour was being set. Weird.

michelej1 06-06-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheart (Post 1095208)
I don't understand Live Nation's reason for the cancellations as a "scheduling conflict". Tour dates are mapped out way before the tour even starts. I'm curious to know what possibly could have come up that nobody knew about last year when the tour was being set. Weird.

Yes, as far as excuses go, that one is not a humdinger. It reminds me:
this week someone wrote me that they had to cancel a proceeding (that we only scheduled 3 weeks ago) because a person was going out of town to attend their grandmother's 91st birthday party and I was annoyed and thought, "Didn't he know his grandmother was turning 91 a loooong time ago??"

Michele

Eponymous 06-06-2013 03:01 PM

Yes. "Scheduling conflict" is totally bogus at this point. What is curious, though, is sales for the Montreal show were good and it's 12 days away. How could it be canceled because Stevie is exhausted and the tickets sales were poor? So sorry for all the people who were going.