The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Setlist wishes for 2020 tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58862)

Macfan4life 02-15-2020 01:07 PM

Setlist wishes for 2020 tour

Ok what do you hope to hear, what do you not care to hear.

Lindsey can be a bit ritualistic like all members of the Mac. I hope he mixes things up this time.

2 songs that IMHO NEED to be in the set. Wrong and Loving Cup. Wrong would be the perfect opener and send a message besides being a great song.

The full band version of Go Insane was F*ing amazing. Please no more acoustic of this song. Hope Slow Dancing also returns to the set.

Since the Mac is off his back, I would not mind hearing Second Hand News or maybe Save Me a Place.

I am over the guitar version of Big Love. Even though I never cared for the song, I would love to finally hear a full band version of Big Love.

Here would be my dream set list:

Wrong
Loving Cup
Go Insane (full band version)
Empire State
Second Hand News
Big Love (full band)
Tusk
Trouble (full band)
Never Going Back again
Save Me a Place
Countdown
Soul Drifter
Eyes of the World
Holiday Road
Go Your Own Way

Encore:
Tango in the night
I'm so afraid

elle 02-15-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1256427)

do you mean 2020 spring tour - the dates that are on sale now?

this is just a part 2 of the Solo Anthology tour. he will have pretty similar set list as in 2018, with maybe a few songs switched (for example, he had tons of requests for Countdown in 2018, and he has been signalling he might add it in spring 2019 - and we know this is the tour that was supposed to happen in spring 2019).

now if you are asking for a possible fall 2020 tour, after he presumably drops a new album (i guess if it all goes well health-wise this spring), than all bets are off. he will do at least 6-8 songs from the new album, as he always does when he tours a new release.

cbBen 02-15-2020 01:25 PM

"Wrong" would just play into the drama. I'd rather seem him stay away from the fray.

Macfan4life 02-15-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1256428)
do you mean 2020 spring tour - the dates that are on sale now?

this is just a part 2 of the Solo Anthology tour. he will have pretty similar set list as in 2018, with maybe a few songs switched (for example, he had tons of requests for Countdown in 2018, and he has been signalling he might add it in spring 2019 - and we know this is the tour that was supposed to happen in spring 2019).

now if you are asking for a possible fall 2020 tour, after he presumably drops a new album (i guess if it all goes well health-wise this spring), than all bets are off. he will do at least 6-8 songs from the new album, as he always does when he tours a new release.

Ok then he is probably going to play the same song set which is very good. I guess I got too excited and could not control myself :eek:

BLY 02-15-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1256427)

Lindsey can be a bit ritualistic like all members of the Mac. I hope he mixes things up this time.

2 songs that IMHO NEED to be in the set. Wrong and Loving Cup. Wrong would be the perfect opener and send a message besides being a great song.

The full band version of Go Insane was F*ing amazing. Please no more acoustic of this song. Hope Slow Dancing also returns to the set.

Since the Mac is off his back, I would not mind hearing Second Hand News or maybe Save Me a Place.

I am over the guitar version of Big Love. Even though I never cared for the song, I would love to finally hear a full band version of Big Love.

Here would be my dream set list:

Wrong
Loving Cup
Empire State
Second Hand News
Big Love (full band)
Tusk
Trouble (full band)
Never Going Back again
Save Me a Place
Countdown
Soul Drifter
Eyes of the World
Holiday Road
Go Your Own Way

Encore:
Tango in the night
I'm so afraid

Love the set list.....I would like to add Walk a Thin Line. If I had to swap it with one it would be Second Hand News ( I prefer SHN with Nicks on the harmonies)

elle 02-15-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1256432)
Ok then he is probably going to play the same song set which is very good. I guess I got too excited and could not control myself :eek:

haha yeah.

also he usually does over 20 songs at solo shows, and you have only 17 - 9 FM and only 8 solo. that's way too mac heavy and not nearly enough of his amazing solo stuff. and you have absolutely nothing from this century! :confused::eek:

go listen to the anthology for some inspiration, treasure trove of great stuff there for you! ;) :nod: :xoxo:

Macfan4life 02-15-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1256434)
haha yeah.

also he usually does over 20 songs at solo shows, and you have only 17 - 9 FM and only 8 solo. that's way too mac heavy and not nearly enough of his amazing solo stuff. and you have absolutely nothing from this century! :confused::eek:

go listen to the anthology for some inspiration, treasure trove of great stuff there for you! ;) :nod: :xoxo:

The anthology CD is in my car. Listen to it every weekend driving about. The setlist was on top of my head and some is a pipe dream. Don't think he would every play Tango or Empire state in concert ever. Its true, I am not as much of a fan of "newer" stuff unless its Buck/Vie. I would even add another from Out of the Cradle "Doing what I can." And another from Go Insane "I must go"
I know it was heavy with Mac stuff and he would not do that much. But just my dream setlist.

David 02-15-2020 06:46 PM

Given that neither he nor I have forever for replaying music that's already been done a hundred times in a concert setting, my dream set list would give us both something fresh (even if the set includes many oldies and standards), would pay homage to his antecedents, and would tell a fascinating story, a narrative of growth, perspective, resignation, and all the other post-analytic-set words Lindsey is fond of.
  1. Mary Lee Jones
  2. Goodbye, Angel
  3. Gotta Get Away
  4. That's All for Everyone
  5. Family Man
  6. This Must Be the Place
  7. Love Minus Zero
  8. Over the Hill
  9. It Was I
  10. I Am Waiting
  11. The Ledge
  12. D. W. Suite
  13. Crying in the Rain
  14. Scotch and Soda
  15. Walk a Thin Line
  16. In My World
  17. Nowhere Man
  18. Dancin' Across the USA
  19. Steal Your Heart Away
  20. Did You Miss Me?
  21. End of Time
  22. Be My Baby
  23. A Satisfied Mind

elle 02-15-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1256437)
Given that neither he nor I have forever for replaying music that's already been done a hundred times in a concert setting, my dream set list would give us both something fresh (even if the set includes many oldies and standards), would pay homage to his antecedents, and would tell a fascinating story, a narrative of growth, perspective, resignation, and all the other post-analytic-set words Lindsey is fond of.
  1. Mary Lee Jones
  2. Goodbye, Angel
  3. Gotta Get Away
  4. That's All for Everyone
  5. Family Man
  6. This Must Be the Place
  7. Love Minus Zero
  8. Over the Hill
  9. It Was I
  10. I Am Waiting
  11. The Ledge
  12. D. W. Suite
  13. Crying in the Rain
  14. Scotch and Soda
  15. Walk a Thin Line
  16. In My World
  17. Nowhere Man
  18. Dancin' Across the USA
  19. Steal Your Heart Away
  20. Did You Miss Me?
  21. End of Time
  22. Be My Baby
  23. A Satisfied Mind

bolded songs have been on my wish list forever. and ever. and ever. especially LMZ and WATL.

Gotta Get Away would be awesome live. he never even released it officially.

jmn3 02-16-2020 08:15 PM

Mac heavy and kinda boring, but I'd love some combination of these songs:
  • Countdown
  • Second Hand News
  • In My World
  • Slow Dancing
  • Doing What I Can
  • Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
  • Go Insane
  • Steal Your Heart Away
  • Trouble
  • Come
  • Walk a Thin Line
  • Love From Here, Love From There
  • The Ledge
  • Wrong
  • Tusk
  • I'm So Afraid
  • Go Your Own Way
  • On With the Show
  • Holiday Road
  • Never Going Back Again

cbBen 02-16-2020 11:04 PM

Monday Morning
Don't Look Down
Countdown
Without A Leg To Stand On
Tango In The Night
Murrow Turning Over In His Grave
Wait For You
Lay Down For Free
Instrumental Introduction (This Is The Time) (acoustic)
Go Insane (acoustic)
Soul Drifter (acoustic)
This Nearly Was Mine/Street Of Dreams (acoustic)
Bel Air Rain (acoustic)
Trouble (acoustic)
The Chain
Walk A Thin Line
Shut Us Down
Crystal
Book Of Love
Say We'll Meet Again
I'm So Afraid
Slow Dancing
Steal Your Heart Away
Frozen Love
That's All For Everyone

ryan4136 02-17-2020 10:37 AM

I'd expect the same setlist, unless there is an issue vocally with a particular song now.

With that said Rock Away Blind, and Countdown were rehearsed but shelved last go around, so it's possible he adds those and cuts two others.

luminol 02-17-2020 05:47 PM

Big Love with the band would be mind-blowing for me.

Has he ever done it with a full band?

elle 02-17-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luminol (Post 1256455)
Big Love with the band would be mind-blowing for me.

Has he ever done it with a full band?

no.

and i'm sure he never will. solo version is too iconic and brings him to many accolades. then again, he skipped it on BuckVie tour, so who knows?

jbrownsjr 02-18-2020 08:44 AM

Bwana
I Want You
I Must Go
Loving Cup
Johnny Stew
Wrong
Mary Lee Jones
Sentimental Lady (tribute to Bob)
Walk A Thin Line
Bel Air Rain