The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Christine McVie LP and jacket made into coasters (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=45132)

nicepace 11-13-2010 09:31 AM

Christine McVie LP and jacket made into coasters

I am not making this up (although some imaginative craftsperson did):

http://www.etsy.com/listing/34529857...at1_gallery_25

The craftsperson made coasters out of the record jacket, and then heat-warped the LP to make a container for the coasters.

Dodfather 11-13-2010 12:21 PM

LOVE THIS! I want it!! What a very clever, original idea.

Silver Springs 11-13-2010 12:59 PM

Cool! If I get a break from my busy schedule at Uni I may take advantage of the facilities and make myself a Mac set for myself. If I could bare to damage the vinyl, that is.

jbrownsjr 11-13-2010 01:17 PM

:nod:Love it!!

ButterCookie 11-14-2010 06:01 AM

This has been up for some time, I could nevr do that to a record let alone one of Christine's: :sorry:

Dodfather 11-14-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 921304)
This has been up for some time, I could nevr do that to a record let alone one of Christine's: :sorry:

I could do it if I, of course, had a 2nd copy of the record! As it is I finally managed to get a vinyl copy of this album so it's allgood...

My next Christine purchase will have to be the Blue Horizon sessions cd. I have the 1984 album and In The Meantime but the Christine Perfect album is always a bit too expensive for me right now. Annoyingly, I don't think that Blue Horizon cd has I'd Rather Go Blind (since it was done with Chicken Shack) and I need to but a whole other album for that- am I right?

ButterCookie 11-14-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodfather (Post 921307)
I could do it if I, of course, had a 2nd copy of the record! As it is I finally managed to get a vinyl copy of this album so it's allgood...

My next Christine purchase will have to be the Blue Horizon sessions cd. I have the 1984 album and In The Meantime but the Christine Perfect album is always a bit too expensive for me right now. Annoyingly, I don't think that Blue Horizon cd has I'd Rather Go Blind (since it was done with Chicken Shack) and I need to but a whole other album for that- am I right?

I have 2 copies of tons of albums (inc. Christine Perfect but sadly neither are blue horizon copies) but I just couldn't bring myself to do it, knowing how much work goes into pressing a record.

The BH CD doesn't have I'd Rather Go Blind, unfortunately but I used that as my justification for buying Chicken Shack's complete BH Sessions CD set :lol: You can pick Christine Perfect up on Sire for... 99p, right now :p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHRISTINE-MCVI...item35add2f5a0

Dodfather 11-14-2010 10:54 AM

Thanks!! I'd missed that one on ebay when looking a little while ago. I'm now watching it and, since there's not a Buy It Now option for it I hope it doesn't get ridiculous! I'll still pick up the Blue Horizon CD though but probably after xmas!

I'd ask if you were up for selling a copy of the Christine Perfect album since you have 2 but I think K know the answer - haha!

ButterCookie 11-14-2010 12:05 PM

I would have sold one but I had to buy the second because I've actually worn the grooves a bit thin on the first one. I didn't think it was possible, but apparently it is :o

I have my fingers crossed for you on the eBay one!

iamnotafraid 11-14-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 921304)

When I saw this thread I thought of you G-girl.
And I knew you could never do that to Mrs. McVie.

Dodfather 11-21-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 921345)
I would have sold one but I had to buy the second because I've actually worn the grooves a bit thin on the first one. I didn't think it was possible, but apparently it is :o

I have my fingers crossed for you on the eBay one!

DAMN IT! I very stupidly thought that this listing ended tomorrow andwas planning to bid. I was out today and the listing ended - someone else got an absolute bargain! I'm so annoyed with myself for this. Oh well, the search continues..

ButterCookie 11-21-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodfather (Post 923098)
DAMN IT! I very stupidly thought that this listing ended tomorrow andwas planning to bid. I was out today and the listing ended - someone else got an absolute bargain! I'm so annoyed with myself for this. Oh well, the search continues..

Oh snap :( I saw it at a record fair for £4.50 today. I'd have grabbed it for you if I'd known and had that extra £1.50 on me!

nicepace 11-22-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dodfather (Post 923098)
I very stupidly thought that this listing ended tomorrow andwas planning to bid. I was out today and the listing ended - someone else got an absolute bargain!

I think you lost out here because of a common misunderstanding about eBay. There is absolutely no reason to wait until the last minute to bid on an eBay auction. Next time you see something you want, place a bid right away. Place your bid for the maximum amount you want to pay, but you won't pay that much unless other bidders jump in and push the price up. This is the beauty of the eBay proxy bidding system. Try it -- you'll like it!

ButterCookie 11-22-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 923251)
I think you lost out here because of a common misunderstanding about eBay. There is absolutely no reason to wait until the last minute to bid on an eBay auction. Next time you see something you want, place a bid right away. Place your bid for the maximum amount you want to pay, but you won't pay that much unless other bidders jump in and push the price up. This is the beauty of the eBay proxy bidding system. Try it -- you'll like it!

My problem with that is that I get carried away. I can say "I want to pay £x and no more" but I then get the scent and can't stop bidding :laugh:

Dodfather 11-22-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicepace (Post 923251)

No - I know just how ebay works. I was just being a big greedy and waiting to see if anyone else had bid so I could get it for the lowest price possible (my maximum would have reflected other bids). It's my own fault for trying to be a bit too cheap.