The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sigh...it's nice to see other artists releasing new albums... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56869)

JimSATX 02-16-2017 01:54 PM

Sigh...it's nice to see other artists releasing new albums...

So there's a new Blondie CD coming out in May. I really like the new single and video. I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with Blondie's output of new material over the last decade or so. Are they selling millions and millions of albums? No. Are they making tons of money from album sales? Um, no. But are they keeping their die hard fans happy with some new material output every few years or so? Um, YES! This is what has made me so disappointed in Stevie, and her arguments that it takes too long, or won't sell anyway. DO IT FOR YOUR FANS! We LOVE all the new stuff you release, even if it's re-worked old demos. I would do anything to see her put out a few more albums (and even contributions for another Mac album) over the next few years, with the time she has left.

STEVEHEDRICK 02-16-2017 03:46 PM

you been to best buy lately? cds don't hardly exist, its a joke nobodys buying much of anything!

dreamsunwind 02-16-2017 04:13 PM

I think it's very possible she might release another collection of songs from the vault recorded quickly, like 24 Karat Gold. But as for new music, I don't think so.

ricohv 02-16-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimSATX (Post 1201667)
So there's a new Blondie CD coming out in May. I really like the new single and video. I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with Blondie's output of new material over the last decade or so. Are they selling millions and millions of albums? No. Are they making tons of money from album sales? Um, no. But are they keeping their die hard fans happy with some new material output every few years or so? Um, YES! This is what has made me so disappointed in Stevie, and her arguments that it takes too long, or won't sell anyway. DO IT FOR YOUR FANS! We LOVE all the new stuff you release, even if it's re-worked old demos. I would do anything to see her put out a few more albums (and even contributions for another Mac album) over the next few years, with the time she has left.

I love Blondie for EXACTLY these reasons! And yeah, some of the music has been great!!
*Ricoh*

TheWildHeart67 02-16-2017 04:44 PM

Stevie released two albums since 2012. That's an improvement over her lack of material the previous decade.
And Blondie? I love them. But I haven't liked ANYTHING Blondie has released since "No Exit." That was the last album I liked. I would prefer Blondie stopped putting out new material. I don't buy it, and judging from her live performances, Debbie Harry's voice is shot. Blondie needs to retire. And that's coming from a fan.

BombaySapphire3 02-16-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1201675)
Stevie released two albums since 2012. That's an improvement over her lack of material the previous decade.
And Blondie? I love them. But I haven't liked ANYTHING Blondie has released since "No Exit." That was the last album I liked. I would prefer Blondie stopped putting out new material. I don't buy it, and judging from her live performances, Debbie Harry's voice is shot. Blondie needs to retire. And that's coming from a fan.

If having a shot voice is a reason to retire then Stevie should have quite some time ago:shrug:

TheWildHeart67 02-16-2017 11:08 PM

Nah. Stevie's range is very limited now, but it's still very strong. That's just my opinion.

STEVEHEDRICK 02-17-2017 06:02 AM

her voice is still incredible, christines on the otherhand is very pitchy and not held up well.

JohnL 02-17-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1201691)
If having a shot voice is a reason to retire then Stevie should have quite some time ago:shrug:

I am sorry but Stevie's voice is far from SHOT. I haven't heard Debbie Harry in quite a while but Stevie's voice was strong and consistent when I saw her on this last tour. She may not hit high notes anymore but she is going strong.

JohnL 02-17-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK (Post 1201707)
her voice is still incredible, christines on the otherhand is very pitchy and not held up well.

I hate to agree with this but I do. Christine's voice used to be so pure and sugary...now she struggles to carry a tune. The FM tour made it so obvious. They sounded great in their harmonies together but she didn't sound so good by herself. I love Christine but I cant deny this. Makes me a bit sad...

TheWildHeart67 02-17-2017 07:51 AM

Christine was gone for 15 years, and didn't work her voice. Stevie may not have the range she once had, but she still has an amazing voice.

Ench 02-17-2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1201675)

I'm not a big fan of Blondie, but I thought I'd give the song a listen. It's a fun song, and I don't think it's an embarrassment to release it. I'd imagine that many fans would be pleased with it.

However, the lead vocal sounds like a product of technology rather than a straight performance. It sounds to me as if it has been pitch-corrected/shifted and processed up the wazoo.

TheWildHeart67 02-17-2017 08:04 AM

I love Blondie. But her live performances now are very flat and tired

Ench 02-17-2017 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 (Post 1201716)
I love Blondie. But her live performances now are very flat and tired

How does Timothy B Schmit do it while his contemporaries are all becoming gruff and scratchy?

TheWildHeart67 02-17-2017 08:19 AM

Timothy who?