The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Stevie pic! Private show in NYC (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57917)

Nick 05-16-2018 07:17 PM

New Stevie pic! Private show in NYC

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U-PywO93F...raighermes.jpg

svnwndrs 05-16-2018 07:56 PM

She looks great! As usual. Especially for someone whos about to turn 70 (!) But who are the guys? They are pretty hot.

kak125 05-16-2018 08:18 PM

If you scroll to the right there are a few video clips

Love this woman. #stevienicks #amexlife . Thank you �� @judywinitzer

A post shared by Samantha Sichel (@samiam212) on

pattyfan 05-16-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svnwndrs (Post 1228186)
She looks great! As usual. Especially for someone whos about to turn 70 (!) But who are the guys? They are pretty hot.

I concur!! :)

Kevin

SisterNightroad 05-17-2018 07:25 AM

You can find other videos and photos here on Danielle's blog: http://crystallineknowledge.tumblr.c...e-concert-2018

BombaySapphire3 05-17-2018 05:53 PM

Nice picture of her but she is also looking rather smug.

SisterNightroad 05-17-2018 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1228231)
Nice picture of her but she is also looking rather smug.

I'd feel smug too if I were sandwiched between two handsome guys

BombaySapphire3 05-17-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1228232)
I'd feel smug too if I were sandwiched between two handsome guys

That bat for the other team:shrug:I was thinking it was about something else.

jwd 05-17-2018 06:34 PM

Does anyone else think it's a little weird that she wears the same clothes all the time? Especially for someone as wealthy as she is. And black all the time. I find it creepy.

Nick 05-17-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228237)
Does anyone else think it's a little weird that she wears the same clothes all the time? Especially for someone as wealthy as she is. And black all the time. I find it creepy.

Girl please. She probably has over a hundred pairs of all her outfits.

jwd 05-17-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 1228248)
Girl please. She probably has over a hundred pairs of all her outfits.

Maybe, but that's even stranger. She is so rote with everything she does.

BombaySapphire3 05-17-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228252)

Yeah i think that last bit of spontaneity disappeared once her final line of coke wore off.

jwd 05-17-2018 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1228262)
Yeah i think that last bit of spontaneity disappeared once her final line of coke wore off.

:laugh: You're harsh dude!

Tango 05-18-2018 09:57 AM

I disagree. Stevie can still pull off some amazing surprises.

Tango 05-18-2018 10:05 AM

This is another Stevie surprise:

sodascouts 05-18-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Maybe, but that's even stranger.

I think it's a lack of confidence in her appearance, actually. She finds an outfit she feels she looks good in, and she wears it constantly because she feels "safe" in it and doesn't want to try other things because she is afraid they won't look good on her.

I get finding an outfit that feels "safe" and not wanting to try on other things when you feel insecure about your body because when you try on other things, you run the risk of getting upset when they don't look good on you (even if you don't buy them). It's really freaking depressing when you try on outfit after outfit and you hate how they all look on you. It makes you feel fat and ugly. When you find one and it looks good, it's a lot safer to just look for variations on it then go through that tortuous process.

I know Stevie could find many other outfits that look good on her; I just think she doesn't want to deal with the process of finding them.

sue 05-18-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Ssssh .....at least she seems to have dropped the hideous cold shoulder cut out items she wore to death.....

I do think she looks fabulous in the picture.

jwd 05-18-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodascouts (Post 1228327)
I think it's a lack of confidence in her appearance, actually. She finds an outfit she feels she looks good in, and she wears it constantly because she feels "safe" in it and doesn't want to try other things because she is afraid they won't look good on her.

I get finding an outfit that feels "safe" and not wanting to try on other things when you feel insecure about your body because when you try on other things, you run the risk of getting upset when they don't look good on you (even if you don't buy them). It's really freaking depressing when you try on outfit after outfit and you hate how they all look on you. It makes you feel fat and ugly. When you find one and it looks good, it's a lot safer to just look for variations on it then go through that tortuous process.

I know Stevie could find many other outfits that look good on her; I just think she doesn't want to deal with the process of finding them.

My God, Stevie is a millionaire many, many times over. I highly doubt she ever "shops" for her clothes. I know she at least used to have Margi Kent design her clothes. If these designers are any good at what they do, they would know what looks good on Stevie and what doesn't. At least be able to present her multiple outfits for her to choose from. Who knows, maybe Stevie is very conservative in what she spends on clothing and likes to get a lot of use out of what she does have. As far as black being her color of choice. I know that black is a slimming color, but I'd think that darker shades of other colors offer the same result. Stevie is in good shape and still has a very fit body for her age. She shouldn't worry so much about it, and make some bolder and more varied choices. I just think it's very odd that I see her dressed in the same outfit(s) over and over again. Minor complaint. Girl can do what she wants. She does look good in most of what she does wear.

jwd 05-18-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1228331)
Ssssh .....at least she seems to have dropped the hideous cold shoulder cut out items she wore to death.....

I do think she looks fabulous in the picture.

:laugh:It was cute the first ten times I saw it on her, Not so much the next hundred.

sleepless child 05-18-2018 12:54 PM

I think because during the 70's and 80's her jewelry, hair and clothes were so diverse and trend setting. Even the crazy late 80's early 90's with the shoulder pads and big hair, there was color and bedazzling. Now it's just the same, boring and sometimes not very flattering outfits.

I still remember how disappointed I was when I saw photos of her at the Oscar parties a few years ago. She could have worn anything! and she wore that same damn black outfit.

Feather Blade 05-18-2018 01:23 PM

Remember a few years ago Margie Kent posted a picture of a beautiful red dress she was designing for Stevie (I believe for a wedding or something that was being held at Oprah's home and all the guests were supposed to wear red?). I hope she does mix things up a bit for the round of new stage clothes she'll need for the upcoming tour.

SisterNightroad 05-18-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepless child (Post 1228343)
I think because during the 70's and 80's her jewelry, hair and clothes were so diverse and trend setting. Even the crazy late 80's early 90's with the shoulder pads and big hair, there was color and bedazzling. Now it's just the same, boring and sometimes not very flattering outfits.

I still remember how disappointed I was when I saw photos of her at the Oscar parties a few years ago. She could have worn anything! and she wore that same damn black outfit.

Actually it was a new dress that I actually like and think it flattered her, however she wore it with the usual boots, tights, jacket and sunglasses that ruined the impression, she should have paired it with different items:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/a7...ec2b75e06c.png

sue 05-18-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1228347)
Actually it was a new dress that I actually like and think it flattered her, however she wore it with the usual boots, tights, jacket and sunglasses that ruined the impression, she should have paired it with different items:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/a7...ec2b75e06c.png

Crikey....legs, and they look really good, yes she has black opaque tights on.
But at least there not theatre curtain legging things she wears.

SisterNightroad 05-18-2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1228350)
Crikey....legs, and they look really good, yes she has black opaque tights on.
But at least there not theatre curtain legging things she wears.

I agree, it's just that with tights and that pretty mid-length dress I wouldn't wear ankle boots, they just "cut off" her otherwise nice-looking legs

petep9000 05-18-2018 03:07 PM

She wore more colors in the old days, like the WH and RAL eras. It seems like she really re-committed herself to black around the SYW era. I'm not a huge fan of the length of her skirts and the length of the boots, she has short legs and it doesn't help the appearance. I also don't like her in those corset type things she's been wearing on stage forever. Not that she asked me, but at this point she should go back to draping herself in very long shawls (like, to the floor) like in the RAL and SA eras. They hide a multitude of pear-shaped sins, and add mystery and glamour.

dreamsunwind 05-18-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petep9000 (Post 1228357)
She wore more colors in the old days, like the WH and RAL eras. It seems like she really re-committed herself to black around the SYW era. I'm not a huge fan of the length of her skirts and the length of the boots, she has short legs and it doesn't help the appearance. I also don't like her in those corset type things she's been wearing on stage forever. Not that she asked me, but at this point she should go back to draping herself in very long shawls (like, to the floor) like in the RAL and SA eras. They hide a multitude of pear-shaped sins, and add mystery and glamour.

THIS!!!
If she wants to make all-black her thing that's fine but the silhouettes she goes for are unnecessarily frumpy. She could easily wear other things that are much more flattering.. The "ankle boots" she wear look like hooves...

sue 05-18-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1228354)
I agree, it's just that with tights and that pretty mid-length dress I wouldn't wear ankle boots, they just "cut off" her otherwise nice-looking legs

You’re right, the ankle boots chop her legs off, if she wore medium height stilettos her legs would look longer, it would make her appear taller too.....

So says this fashionista 😆😆😆 who’s granddaughter says “ why do you always wear trousers and jeans Grandma?”

jwd 05-18-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1228347)

I always thought Stevie had incredibly sexy legs. Although Christine has her beat in that department. Both women of FM have HOT LEGS!

jwd 05-18-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1228371)
You’re right, the ankle boots chop her legs off, if she wore medium height stilettos her legs would look longer, it would make her appear taller too.....

So says this fashionista 😆😆😆 who’s granddaughter says “ why do you always wear trousers and jeans Grandma?”

Because they're comfortable my dear. :angel:

SisterNightroad 05-18-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue (Post 1228371)

If it makes you feel better this young fashionista is wearing a lidl tracksuit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228377)
I always thought Stevie had incredibly sexy legs. Although Christine has her beat in that department. Both women of FM have HOT LEGS!

I agree:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/66/c6...fecdcb8d0b.jpg https://78.media.tumblr.com/6b2fce17...augio1_500.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/ee804c4b...yl7o1_1280.png

jwd 05-18-2018 05:54 PM

Oh WOW! Please post more! :laugh:

GypsySorcerer 05-18-2018 07:50 PM

While I wish Stevie would add more color to her wardrobe, nothing is as bad as the Reeblechs, cardigan, and ratty dress combo she was wearing on the SYW tour. Yikes, that was a frumpy look.

SisterNightroad 05-19-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228388)
Oh WOW! Please post more! :laugh:

Ah ah, OK tonight I'll post my favourite in the Ladies' pictures threads.

Feather Blade 05-19-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer (Post 1228407)
While I wish Stevie would add more color to her wardrobe, nothing is as bad as the Reeblechs, cardigan, and ratty dress combo she was wearing on the SYW tour. Yikes, that was a frumpy look.

Yes, she did look frumpy there, but wasn't it because Lindsey asked/told her to tone down the wardrobe some that tour? I thought I remembered reading that at the time, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone here knows. Also, I believe the Reeboks were because of an injury. (broken foot I think)

jwd 05-19-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1228438)
Yes, she did look frumpy there, but wasn't it because Lindsey asked/told her to tone down the wardrobe some that tour? I thought I remembered reading that at the time, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone here knows. Also, I believe the Reeboks were because of an injury. (broken foot I think)

No, I think it was her hip(s). Wearing those platform boots were finally taking their toll.

GypsySorcerer 05-19-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather Blade (Post 1228438)

I heard something about Lindsey making a comment about her wardrobe, but I doubt he told her to wear that granny cardigan. The length of her dress made the Reeboks more noticeable. :eek: I get that she wasn't 30 anymore, but surely she could've found better shoes than those.

tabruns 05-19-2018 02:35 PM

She looks fantastic in that pic.