The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The farewell tour (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58597)

secret love 03-08-2019 02:36 AM

The farewell tour

Let's face it, the On With The Show Tour was Fleetwood Mac's farewell tour. Lindsey isn't coming back. I'm sure they all feel very guilty about how they treated him and I don't doubt for a minute that Stevie would have been absolutely distraught when she heard about Lindsey's surgery. But the bridge has been burned. He ain't coming back.

And this tour is a new band. Sure it's still technically Fleetwood Mac, just like it was Fleetwood Mac in 2003, 2004, 2009 and 2013, without Christine. Just like it was Fleetwood Mac in 1987, 1988 and 1990, without Lindsey, and in 1995, without Lindsey and Stevie. But the Rumours 5 are no more.

We shouldn't mourn the demise of the Rumours 5. We should just be grateful if we got to see them one last time in 2014 or 2015 and that we got one last Fleetwood Mac album... ok... one last "duet album" (pfft, come on, it's Fleetwood Mac by any other name).

Right?

iamnotafraid 03-08-2019 04:44 AM

Slightly edited

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1249971)
Let's face it, the On With The Show Tour was Fleetwood Mac's farewell tour. Lindsey isn't coming back.

1. I'm sure they all feel very guilty about how they treated him...

2. I don't doubt for a minute that Stevie would have been absolutely distraught when she heard about Lindsey's surgery.

3. He ain't coming back.

4. And this tour is a new band. Sure it's still technically Fleetwood Mac...

5. Just like it was Fleetwood Mac in 1987, 1988 and 1990...

6. We shouldn't mourn the demise of the Rumours 5...

7. That we got one last Fleetwood Mac album... ok... one last "duet album" (pfft, come on, it's Fleetwood Mac by any other name).

1. They don't act like they feel or felt guilty.

2. I doubt it

3. We don't know that yet.

4. Not to me they aren't.

5. They're only Fleetwood Mac when they had PG or LB.

6. I'm not mourning they're over. I'm just very displeased with SN.

7. That duet album is way overrated. I'm glad they gave it a try though.

Macfan4life 03-08-2019 05:01 AM

I thought the post BTM tour in 1990 was the official "Farewell tour" At least that is what my concert tour T-shirt says. :eek:

Why would they feel guilty about making 10 million dollars each. People do the craziest things for money.

Kubrick2788 03-08-2019 10:15 AM

Duet Album

@iamnotafraid, I'm glad someone thinks the same way I do about the Buckingham/McVie album. It certainly has its moments, and some that scream 'I was supposed to be a FM song,' but overall it still feels halfhearted.

sue 03-08-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 (Post 1249979)
@iamnotafraid, I'm glad someone thinks the same way I do about the Buckingham/McVie album. It certainly has its moments, and some that scream 'I was supposed to be a FM song,' but overall it still feels halfhearted.

Me too, I never rated it.
It’s a pleasant Album but nothing special.

lennonfan 03-08-2019 11:02 AM

I think we can stick a fork in Fleetwood Mac, It's done, that there is one very well done Turkey.

David 03-09-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1249972)

I'll go back and listen. I don't remember a lot of it. All I remember is a lot of catchy choral hooks. But Fleetwood Mac could do worse; Behind the Mask has precious few catchy hooks, and the few it does have are Christine's.

secret love 03-09-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1250072)
I'll go back and listen. I don't remember a lot of it. All I remember is a lot of catchy choral hooks. But Fleetwood Mac could do worse; Behind the Mask has precious few catchy hooks, and the few it does have are Christine's.

The title track is underrated. Save Me is another gem.

michelej1 03-09-2019 01:35 PM

Yes, Save Me is great. Christine’s Heart of Stone was also the highlight of The Chain for me.

HomerMcvie 03-09-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1250083)
Christine’s Heart of Stone was also the highlight of The Chain for me.

I prefer Love Shines. Pop perfektion.

secret love 03-09-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1250083)
Yes, Save Me is great. Christine’s Heart of Stone was also the highlight of The Chain for me.

I believe both those tracks made the cut for "Don't Stop - 50 Years"!

SteveMacD 03-09-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1249972)

I don’t think it would have been any better if Stevie had participated.

BLY 03-09-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1250102)
I don’t think it would have been any better if Stevie had participated.

I 100% disagree on both fronts. This album is underated and would have been that much better with Stevie because the Fleetwood Mac name could’ve been used to promote it.

SteveMacD 03-09-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1250127)
I 100% disagree on both fronts. This album is underated and would have been that much better with Stevie because the Fleetwood Mac name could’ve been used to promote it.

It absolutely would have benefited from the Fleetwood Mac name and with Mick and John on the tour. But I don’t know if Stevie could have contributed anything that would have improved the album.

bombaysaffires 03-09-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1250130)
It absolutely would have benefited from the Fleetwood Mac name and with Mick and John on the tour. But I don’t know if Stevie could have contributed anything that would have improved the album.

that's the thing. She had no new material even for SYW-- hence the asking for an additional month delay in starting so she could bust a$$ trying to crank out at least a couple new songs so that, as Mick himself notes in the doc, she wasn't the only one not coming with new material.

She couldn't or wouldn't fork over even one.single.new.song for the EP.

She scribbles words in her notebooks but there's no ability to write any decent tunes anymore.... e.g., Silver Girl, Sweet Girl......

That said her vocals on some of the songs would have added to them.