The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tango in the Night Deluxe Edition (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56524)

SpyNote 10-27-2016 06:26 PM

Tango in the Night Deluxe Edition

Heyyyy :woohoo:

The September release of Fleetwood Mac’s 1982 album, “Mirage,” as an expanded boxed set and the “Bella Donna” and “Wild Heart” reissues have put Nicks in a reflective mood. (The group’s 1987 album, “Tango in the Night” is also forthcoming in deluxe fashion.)

Source

MovieStarView 10-27-2016 08:42 PM

This is exciting information but this reporter doesn't cite a source. Truly I will jump for joy if it happens because I like this cd a lot. The singles were all really catchy and I believe it to be the most poppy of all their cd's. And yes I even like all the Nicks tunes. Ha ha ha.

What could the bonus content reveal?

elle 10-27-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovieStarView (Post 1194873)
This is exciting information but this reporter doesn't cite a source. Truly I will jump for joy if it happens because I like this cd a lot. The singles were all really catchy and I believe it to be the most poppy of all their cd's. And yes I even like all the Nicks tunes. Ha ha ha.

i thought it was some SN interview and she said that?

either way, i understand people being happy with re-issues but personally, i'm much much more interested in hearing their new music.

re-issues can come out anytime. time for new music is now!

SpyNote 10-27-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovieStarView (Post 1194873)

I think he's pretty reliable. Howard Cohen's interviewed Stevie many times, and he writes for Billboard.

bwboy 10-27-2016 09:38 PM

According to a previous thread, Tusk sold 6.6 million, Mirage sold 5.5 million, and Tango sold 11.3 million.

I think it's safe to say there will be a Deluxe Tango soon!

Sanne2 10-28-2016 07:17 AM

Great news I'm looking forward to it, they could include all the b-sides , the remixes, a dvd with the music videos with audio commentary would be great!
I'm surprised they haven't done the 1975 album yet, I wonder if they maybe don't have enough additional material to create a Deluxe Edition?

MovieStarView 10-28-2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyNote (Post 1194884)
I think he's pretty reliable. Howard Cohen's interviewed Stevie many times, and he writes for Billboard.

Oh okay thanks. This is great and maybe we will get the b sides and joan of arc?

jbrownsjr 10-28-2016 08:58 PM

Was there a timeline? I want it!

Andrew Smith 10-29-2016 08:04 PM

Does anyone think that a Deluxe reissue of Tango In The Night will include the 12" remixes of the singles released off that album?

Andrew Smith 10-29-2016 08:05 PM

Does anyone think that a Deluxe reissue of Tango In The Night will include the 12" remixes of the singles released off of that album?

snroxman 10-29-2016 08:12 PM

Deluxe with 12" remixes - Yep - It had better include the 12" remixes! :) There were some great single edits played on the radio back then of "Little Lies" and "Seven Wonders".

gldstwmn 10-30-2016 11:06 AM

I hope the mix of Seven Wonders that was used on American Horro Story is included. That was hot. :nod:

Ulpian 10-30-2016 01:55 PM

I'd really love a TITN deluxe edition. I love the Little Lies demos and it's just my favourite album.

Hope something is announced in the new year.

jbrownsjr 10-30-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulpian (Post 1195239)
I'd really love a TITN deluxe edition. I love the Little Lies demos and it's just my favourite album.

Hope something is announced in the new year.

Some of the Little LIes demos are amazing.

WayOfTheDragon 10-30-2016 05:51 PM

I hope that Lindsey and/or Richard Dashut contribute, at least to the extent that they can provide the tapes of outtakes/rough mixes/demos for inclusion in this release. Richard once posted photos on his blog with boxes of tapes, many dating from the mid-80s, and the album was recorded in Lindsey's home, so I'm assuming some tapes would be in Lindsey's possession. I would prefer a set with their contributions over something where the label simply throws together a bonus disc of 12-inches and b-sides (unless the label somehow has another way to access the unreleased material).