The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Who was the first audition speculation (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57947)

DownOnRodeo 06-01-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1229998)
It was Billy.

Our ever confident friend Treacle Rat has spoken! It must be the truth.

Rob Thomas also sings part of The Chain in the NGBA cover, so he has that going for him. Although now I'm imagining the entire set being done in reverse keys--Dreams in major, Songbird in minor. :laugh:

jmn3 06-01-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1229998)
It was Billy.

The sources again?

BombaySapphire3 06-02-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SisterNightroad (Post 1229994)
I've read Steven also auditioned for a Led Zeppelin reunion years ago.
I've only seen this recently about Mick and Steve Miller but I don't know the occasion:

However I still mantain that Brian Johnson would have been a terrible choice, can you imagine him trying to harmonize with Stevie and Christine?

Right absolutely preposterous ..Steven Tyler as well.I can see him replacing Jagger if he suddenly croaks but Lindsey hall no.

Sugar Mouse 06-02-2018 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmn3 (Post 1230001)
The sources again?

Yes. That's what I was told. My first choice would have been John Mayer who could have handled the vocals and the lead guitar and is young enough at age 40 to have really invigorated this lineup and also offer some top shelf songwriting.

SteveMacD 06-02-2018 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1230004)
Yes. That's what I was told. My first choice would have been John Mayer who could have handled the vocals and the lead guitar and is young enough at age 40 to have really invigorated this lineup and also offer some top shelf songwriting.

I’d rather listen to Oscar Mayer…

Sugar Mouse 06-02-2018 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1230005)
I’d rather listen to Oscar Mayer…

You're an interesting chap ... The Mac got themselves an elite songwriter/lead singer and an elite lead guitarist with Neil/Mike but few individuals could have taken Lindsey's spot and done it well. John Mayer is one of the few. The guy is a great guitarist, can sing, and can write. But hey I'm happy with Neil/Mike.

SteveMacD 06-02-2018 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1230006)
John Mayer is one of the few. The guy is a great guitarist, can sing, and can write.

I raise you Richard Thompson.

SisterNightroad 06-02-2018 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1230003)
Steven Tyler as well.I can see him replacing Jagger if he suddenly croaks but Lindsey hall no.

For the mouth?

Angel75 06-02-2018 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse (Post 1230004)

I've never been able to get past the first Mayer's song I ever heard...'Your body is a wonderland' ..WTF??...I've never heard such awfully, cringy lyrics in my life.....he may be an excellent musician but I've not been able to give him two more seconds of my time since

elle 06-02-2018 09:41 AM

isn't John Mayer still touring with Dead & Company? i guess like Axl, y'all think since he's fronting one band already he may was well a few more? :lol:

John Mayer owns and plays Turner 1 btw, and there's that red carpet interview of Lindsey and Kristen from few years back where Lindsey says how he's looking forward to see his performance and that he's a fellow guitarist.

of course, the person who could really step in is Keith Urban, the guy who did a pretty perfect rendition of Second Hand News at MusiCares and who cites Lindsey as his big influence as a guitarist. but Keith would never do that to Lindsey (unlike his fellow bandmates!), plus he's got a new album out and fully booked tour starting about now.

Storms123 06-02-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1230015)
isn't John Mayer still touring with Dead & Company? i guess like Axl, y'all think since he's fronting one band already he may was well a few more? :lol:

John Mayer owns and plays Turner 1 btw, and there's that red carpet interview of Lindsey and Kristen from few years back where Lindsey says how he's looking forward to see his performance and that he's a fellow guitarist.

of course, the person who could really step in is Keith Urban, the guy who did a pretty perfect rendition of Second Hand News at MusiCares and who cites Lindsey as his big influence as a guitarist. but Keith would never do that to Lindsey (unlike his fellow bandmates!), plus he's got a new album out and fully booked tour starting about now.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Keith and Lindsey play together.

elle 06-02-2018 09:45 AM

LB talking about John Mayer vid i mentioned -

elle 06-02-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1230016)
[/B]

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see Keith and Lindsey play together.

either Keith or Lindsey mentioned recently that they've been talking about a possible collaboration on a song or 2. maybe that was from one of those MusiCares interviews, or a bit before, can't remember.

Storms123 06-02-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1230018)
either Keith or Lindsey mentioned recently that they've been talking about a possible collaboration on a song or 2. maybe that was from one of those MusiCares interviews, or a bit before, can't remember.

I recall that as well--feel like it was on the MusiCares red carpet or something. I think it would be fantastic.

SteveMacD 06-02-2018 02:21 PM

Paul Rodgers: Oh, it sounded great, but he almost accidentally hit Stevie in the head with the mic stand, so he had to go