The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Stevie appears on new Lana Del Rey album (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57118)

tothegypsy 04-26-2017 03:21 PM

Stevie appears on new Lana Del Rey album

http://pitchfork.com/news/73100-lana...lust-for-life/

I think this has a lot of potential :)

SisterNightroad 04-26-2017 03:26 PM

That's fantastic!
Lana mentioned in an interview a little while ago that her producer Rick Nowels, who as we know had worked with Stevie on RAL, was working with Stevie again, then I guess he's the one to thank for this. If he's going to take Dave Stewart's place then he's already done pretty good.

TheWildHeart67 04-26-2017 03:53 PM

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!
LOL!
I was just going to post this article!
I LOVE this group!!
We are ON top of it! LOL!

24karatstevie 04-26-2017 03:59 PM

Never really listened to Lana. I know a lot of fans of Stevie are also fans of Lana. I'm interested to hear it!

StevieandChris 04-26-2017 05:41 PM

Yay, another surprise move!

Who knows what is next?

bwboy 04-26-2017 06:09 PM

I loved Rick Nowels work with Belinda Carlisle, and I would love it if he was working with Stevie again. Stevie is the one who gave him his big break originally, so it would be awesome to for them to work together again.

Dare I say it... I Can't Wait!

kak125 04-26-2017 07:15 PM

Wow!!! This is freaking fantastic news! I am such a huge Lana Del Rey fan.

Jondalar 04-26-2017 07:17 PM

OMFG!!!!!!

I love Lana Del Rey!!!!!!! She is my new Stevie Nicks. Her music is all about atmosphere and her last album was her best. I've been playing her new single over and over.

This makes me forgive Stevie a little. I have all Lanas albums. YES!!!

Nick 04-26-2017 07:20 PM

Very excited for this!

Jondalar 04-26-2017 07:26 PM

Lana's last album was critically acclaimed. It wasn't her biggest but critics loved it and I think it was her best. Rick produced it.

jkmaletic 04-26-2017 08:04 PM

This is cool news. I'm not super familiar with Lana Del Rey, but I LOVE her version of Once Upon a Dream on the Malificent soundtrack. Really haunting.

Jamie

wheart 04-26-2017 08:11 PM

When I saw this on FB I assumed it was fake news. I am beyond thrilled. I am a huge Lana fan. She definitely has the mysterious vibe going on. Can't wait to hear this song!

Nathan 04-26-2017 09:52 PM

I'm not the biggest Lana fan but I bet this will be good. SN will probably be on some low harmonies, is my prediction.

Rick Nowels has done lots of cool stuff, Private Dancer album for Tina Turner, to name just one.

Yeah, I bet (hope) this turns out to be good. Something mysterious hopefully, as opposed to the Southern Promises cover SN guested on a couple of years ago. Which was certainly good (and likely relevant for Nicks) but not quite the moody atmospheric thing I'm always hoping for from her.

Ah well, I buy it either way.

BombaySapphire3 04-26-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan (Post 1208193)

Rick Nowels has done lots of cool stuff, Private Dancer album for Tina Turner, to name just one.

It was actually Rupert Hine.. the producer of TOSOTM that did Private Dancer.

bwboy 04-27-2017 05:54 AM

I believe Rick's first actual production work was for Rock a Little, specifically I Can't Wait. Belinda Carlisle said in an interview that Stevie recommended Rick to Belinda, and he produced and wrote most of her second album Heaven on Earth, which featured most of Belinda's hits and really put him on the map.

I know Stevie and Rick have remained friends and still collaborate together. I'm also quite certain that Rick Nowels is the one Stevie wrote the special thanks for in Rock a Little... something like "it's not easy to track a ghost through the fog, so thank you."