The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey's "Dreams" TikTok (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=59077)

bombaysaffires 10-22-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1261410)
I sensed the whiff of desperation and this makes it seem like he has no relevance of his own.

Why not do a tik tok using a COPD inhaler and playing GYOW, like that Anoro commercial? My poor guy.

Army jacket. Matching hat. I’ll take what I can get.

Or Xfinity mobile. That one's getting played to death around here.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/nmAL/xfinity...ess-your-rules

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/nm7O/xfinity...go-all-the-way

elle 10-22-2020 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1261407)
I don’t feel like you at all. His daughters convinced him to it. His production made that song special. Even Christine basically said that. This was their way of letting people know as little bit. Plus it lets people see that he is ok.

i like your positive outlook on this.

i thought when Mick did it, that it was ultra-lame. then stevie did it week later, and that seemed way too late to be jumping on the wagon... but both their tiktoks ended up being extra great marketing considering the climb of Dreams and Rumors on the charts. i really really couldn't see Lindsey doing it at all. i guess he put a bookend on it now. :nod: people on social media are now saying Nathan A. has managed to reunite Fleetwood Mac in 2020. :)

it's weird, when everyone was calling for them to do an ice bucket challenge few years ago, that fell on deaf ears... yet now they all 3 jumped on this tiktok challenge?

all that said, it's nice to see Lindsey back on social media, doing a silly video, a part of Fleetwood Mac that produced and recorded the song behind it.

elle 10-22-2020 12:31 AM

Quote:

Why not do a tik tok using a COPD inhaler and playing GYOW, like that Anoro commercial? My poor guy.

that's his m&g jacket from 2012, not an army jacket. hat though? :lol::lol: too funny!

it's a Dreams tiktok challenge, not Fleetwood Mac general challenge. if Lindsey or Christine did one of the songs where they are the main songwriter they would look petty.

if it makes you feel better, there are tons of polls all over social media right now, and everyone is going - can you imagine the band that, with Dreams exploding as big as it is right now, every poll is showing they have 2 even bigger songs on that same album? (Go Your Own Way and The Chain are ahead of Dreams in all those polls.)

HomerMcvie 10-22-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1261411)

Same here. I HATE it. WHO is selling the song to them? It's not Lindsey, right? I certainly wouldn't think so.

aleuzzi 10-22-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

I sensed the whiff of desperation and this makes it seem like he has no relevance of his own.

I respectfully disagree. I see no desperation here at all. He’s having a blast with the cultural moment and possibly saying a subtle eff u to the singer of the song. That he’s doing it on a horse and holding a cranberry juice just makes it that much funnier.

In my view, the real desperation is “Show Them the Way.” Can’t wait for Lindsey’s new album.

michelej1 10-22-2020 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1261415)
that's his m&g jacket from 2012, not an army jacket. hat though? :lol::lol: too funny!

it's a Dreams tiktok challenge, not Fleetwood Mac general challenge. if Lindsey or Christine did one of the songs where they are the main songwriter they would look petty.

if it makes you feel better, there are tons of polls all over social media right now, and everyone is going - can you imagine the band that, with Dreams exploding as big as it is right now, every poll is showing they have 2 even bigger songs on that same album? (Go Your Own Way and The Chain are ahead of Dreams in all those polls.)

I didn’t want either Lindsey or Christine to do a Tik tok video right now. All I’m saying is in the future, if the appropriate opportunity arises, I would hope they would do one to their own songs.

michelej1 10-22-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1261416)
Same here. I HATE it. WHO is selling the song to them? It's not Lindsey, right? I certainly wouldn't think so.

FM is approving it.

michelej1 10-22-2020 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1261411)
Or Xfinity mobile. That one's getting played to death around here.

Well, that’s better than old people who can’t breathe I guess.

Nothing like shackin’ up while pulling your oxygen tank.

HomerMcvie 10-22-2020 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1261422)
Nothing like shackin’ up while pulling your oxygen tank.

Yet another contender for Ledge quote of the year. :lol:

HomerMcvie 10-22-2020 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1261421)
FM is approving it.

Yet ANOTHER slap to his face after his humiliating dismissal.

AND HE WANTS TO GO BACK?

michelej1 10-22-2020 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1261427)
Yet ANOTHER slap to his face after his humiliating dismissal.

AND HE WANTS TO GO BACK?

The thing is, the way they are formed (new corporation for each incarnation) he is still part of FM for that era. So, he could be agreeing to these uses of his song for all we know or he might be in the minority dissent.

bombaysaffires 10-22-2020 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1261421)
FM is approving it.

Is it FM though? Or is it his publishing company? Did he sell some percentage of his publishing rights? Coz I'd be shocked if the band had full say :eek: Otherwise they'd be ok'ing Depends and everyone else to use Landslide. (Ocean Spray got lucky and got Dreams for free. At least the band/Stevie is getting some $ from the downloads and streaming fees).

I thought most of these bands had sold like half their publishing rights to companies like Kobalt in exchange for Kobalt taking on all the admin tasks and overhead costs of managing the publishing portfolio. :shrug:

If he's in on it, then he's certainly mellowed because the song is getting used all over the place

sue 10-22-2020 03:42 AM

I’m just glad to see him looking healthy, and handsome...(maybe because he has his hair covered)
I don’t think he’s that comfortable riding though...

And it’s just a nod to a great song, that he was very much part in making..

Macfan4life 10-22-2020 05:57 AM

I would have much preferred he make a Tik Tok video of WRONG.

Piggy in the middle
Piggy on the cover

jmn3 10-22-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1261382)
Can hardly see him and that horse seems really unhappy.

Projecting much?