The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rare live Greeny's tracks from 1967 with J. Mayall Bluesbreakers (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50993)

kowk 11-16-2012 06:42 AM

Rare live Greeny's tracks from 1967 with J. Mayall Bluesbreakers
 
Hello,
here are some links to great treasures for Greeny's fans.
A good man uploaded some GREAT tracks.
They come from John The Revelator tapes I suppose.
Regards
Krzysztof
Live in Bromley 29-04-1967 - Someday After A While
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-TEHsNcb6o&feature=plcp
Live at Klook's Kleek 28-04-1967 - Someday After A While (?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74YdWDFdSDo&feature=plcp
Live at the Manor House 5-05-1967– San Ho Zay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn9yWGCaRbg&feature=plcp
Live at the Manor House 05-05-1967 – Stormy Monday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGZkb4p6Ks8&feature=plcp
Live at Klook's Kleek 28-04-1967 – Curly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk1NvrMTOL0&feature=plcp
Live at the Marquee '27-04-1967 - The Stumble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SERvBdUyqJA&feature=plcp
Live at the Manor House - 05-05-1967 - Tears In My Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlSWfBUtF0A&feature=plcp
Live at the Manor House 05-05-1967 - So Many Roads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLfaa_f-M8&feature=plcp
Liveat the Marquee 27-04-1967 – Double Trouble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdX9uv0mRlM&feature=plcp

Mario 11-16-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowk (Post 1067533)
Hello,
here are some links to great treasures for Greeny's fans.
A good man uploaded some GREAT tracks.
They come from John The Revelator tapes I suppose.
Regards
Krzysztof
Live in Bromley 29-04-1967 - Someday After A While
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-TEHsNcb6o&feature=plcp
Live at Klook's Kleek 28-04-1967 - Someday After A While (?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74YdWDFdSDo&feature=plcp
Live at the Manor House 5-05-1967– San Ho Zay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn9yWGCaRbg&feature=plcp
Live at the Manor House 05-05-1967 – Stormy Monday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGZkb4p6Ks8&feature=plcp
Live at Klook's Kleek 28-04-1967 – Curly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk1NvrMTOL0&feature=plcp
Live at the Marquee '27-04-1967 - The Stumble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SERvBdUyqJA&feature=plcp
Live at the Manor House - 05-05-1967 - Tears In My Eyes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlSWfBUtF0A&feature=plcp
Live at the Manor House 05-05-1967 - So Many Roads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLfaa_f-M8&feature=plcp
Liveat the Marquee 27-04-1967 – Double Trouble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdX9uv0mRlM&feature=plcp

that's simply fantastic........thanks.....!!

doodyhead 11-17-2012 06:56 AM

revelations
 
Thanks for finding these, Krzysztof

I am glad these are seeing the light of day.

vinnie

Dogon 11-18-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodyhead (Post 1067569)
Thanks for finding these, Krzysztof

I am glad these are seeing the light of day.

vinnie

Log in at www.johntherevelator.nl to check out all the recordings that Tom Huissen made in London that spring of 1967.

Ask him if you could purchase the CD's, they're worth whatever the deal will be. Peter Green on the verge to forming his own band, playing the grail that not yet had become holy but yet sounding as fantastic as ever later on.

doodyhead 11-19-2012 05:01 PM

John The Revelator
 
I did write to him a few years back before he did the offer of the Marquis Club recording free with a purchase of his latest CD. He never responded back then and I did not see the link active until he apparently withdrew the offer. I might give him a buzz again. There are not that many of us greenophiles around as you may think. It is almost comical about who is revered as a musician and who is forgotton

vinnie c

Wouter Vuijk 11-19-2012 07:28 PM

Yes, they are from the JtR/TH tapes. I bought them and provided the Youtube uploader with the recordings. He sure did make beautiful videos to accompany the music. Glad you all like them.
:nod:

Wouter Vuijk 11-19-2012 07:38 PM

By the way, John the Revelator is actually a pretty good bluesband. It would be nice if you'd support them by buying one or more of their CD's. I was forced to do so to obtain the JM/PG tapes. But I was positively surprised by their music.
:thumbsup:

kowk 11-22-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk (Post 1067644)
By the way, John the Revelator is actually a pretty good bluesband. It would be nice if you'd support them by buying one or more of their CD's. I was forced to do so to obtain the JM/PG tapes. But I was positively surprised by their music.
:thumbsup:

I agree with you :-) I bought JTR CDs too - it's a good band with good guitar player. But JM/PG tapes are fantastic.

michelej1 07-16-2016 07:44 PM

[Toronto Sun Review]

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/15...est-music-duds

BY DARRYL STERDAN, POSTMEDIA NETWORK, FRIDAY, JULY 15, 2016

John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers Live in 1967: Volume 2

Once was a surprise. Twice is totally unexpected. But as stated, here’s a second set of recently unearthed live recordings of Mayall and his short-lived lineup with future Fleetwood Mac daddies Peter Green, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood. Much like its predecessor, what it lacks in audio fidelity it makes for up with blistering British blues-rock muscularity. Dare we hope for a threepeat?

RATING: 4 (out of 5)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved