The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Russ Titelman (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55491)

welcomechris 08-14-2015 01:40 PM

Russ Titelman

Producer of the 1984 album Christine McVie will join us in a q&a session on tumblr.

Macfan4life 08-14-2015 06:14 PM

Just wow
When is this? I hate to ask this but what is tumblr? :eek:

welcomechris 08-14-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1171189)
Just wow
When is this? I hate to ask this but what is tumblr? :eek:

I have to make it :nod:

Macfan4life 08-15-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1171193)
I have to make it :nod:

I am not sure I understand. Can we submit questions to you to pose to him?

welcomechris 08-15-2015 12:53 PM

Here we go:

russtitelman.tumblr.com

Macfan4life 08-16-2015 07:19 AM

Not sure my questions went through. I submitted "ask" but nothing happened. I don't have a tumblr account. Do you have to register? How do you see the Q & A session?

welcomechris 08-16-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1171259)
Not sure my questions went through. I submitted "ask" but nothing happened. I don't have a tumblr account. Do you have to register? How do you see the Q & A session?

I'm waiting for an email back from him.

bombaysaffires 08-16-2015 10:38 PM

tumblr is another social media forum, like Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, etc. It allows longer posts than Twitter (which only allows 140 characters) but tends to lend itself to shorter posts than traditional blogs which can go on forever. You don't need an account to see what someone posts.

Click on the link above http://russtitelman.tumblr.com to see the page where Russ will be posting answers.

Macfan4life 08-17-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bombaysaffires (Post 1171292)
tumblr is another social media forum, like Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, etc. It allows longer posts than Twitter (which only allows 140 characters) but tends to lend itself to shorter posts than traditional blogs which can go on forever. You don't need an account to see what someone posts.

Click on the link above http://russtitelman.tumblr.com to see the page where Russ will be posting answers.

ok thanks ..

PenguinHead 08-19-2015 03:23 AM

I asked him how he came to work with Christine, what he liked most about working with her, and other artists he enjoyed working with.

I hate seeing lame mindless open-ended questions such as " What's Christine like?" Or out of context questions like "Does Christine like Stevie's songs?"

aleuzzi 08-19-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1171392)
I asked him how he came to work with Christine, what he liked most about working with her, and other artists he enjoyed working with.

I hate seeing lame mindless open-ended questions such as " What's Christine like?" Or out of context questions like "Does Christine like Stevie's songs?"

You may not see a thing at the rate his response time is going :)

michelej1 08-19-2015 01:26 PM

I hate questions like "Who are you?" They're insulting to the person and just generally annoying.

Michele

David 08-22-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1171392)

I asked him about that 1984 documentary of Christine in Lake Geneva with Russ, Todd, and George and whether he could put it on the market for us. I also asked him how it came about that George worked with two Russ Titelman artists that year: Christine and Rickie Lee Jones.

Quote:

A small portion of Fleetwood fans aren't particularly bright. The best answer to some of those comments is "Google is your friend." You probably remember in the old days when this site ran a whole bunch of Q&As with band colleagues. Most of the questions were excellent, but a few of them made you feel ashamed of your connection to the fanbase. I used to scream at Lisa Adelson in email: "Why don't you delete those awful submissions before they see the light of day? Why would you do that to your guests?!"

Macfan4life 08-23-2015 11:04 AM

One person's great question is another person's dumb question.
But what would drive me nuts are those stupid questions. I remember one time listening to the Mac on Rockline. Their greatest hits album just came out. Can you imagine how lucky it would be to get through and ask rock legends Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks or Christine McVie a question? But there was one person who got through and asked Christine......what do you think about advertising?
Wha wha wha what? Chris did not even understand the question and was like.....you mean advertising the album? Well if you have a product why not?
This is what you would ask a rock legend if you had ONE question :eek:

PenguinHead 08-23-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1171434)
I hate questions like "Who are you?" They're insulting to the person and just generally annoying.

Michele

Ooch! That would hurt. :eek: