The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   why i'm not going to see FM again. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=15756)

tommer 08-15-2004 09:58 AM

why i'm not going to see FM again.

i had a tough decision making to do today.
due to a bizarre chain of circumstances, i found myself with some extra money, at a time where there are still tickets on sale, and i can (more or less) afford going. it was either do this, or go with friends to the full moon party in Koh Phangan.
i figured that although it is probably the last chance to ever see them live, at the same time i'm also getting a little too old for raves, and maybe some time i could also go see stevie solo (whenever that happens).
i decided to resist the temptation, and not let FM drag me thru 2 continents in the same year. i bought myself a 3 week vecation to Thailand.
with every joint i smoke, i'm realizing more and more, that one day, maybe tomorrow, maybe in 20 years time, i'm gonna regret it very badly. :distress: :distress: :distress:

strandinthewind 08-15-2004 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
Tommer, you freakin idiot. Well, each to their own. But you personally know what I would give to see FM, or atleast Lindsey again. Oh well, I know you've been looking forward to Thailand but it is still my belief that no nation, continent or amount of joints hold up in comparison to Lindsey. I of course have warped priorities.

Why do I find myself suddenly terribly tempted to send you a plane ticket, a front row concert ticket next to me, and a Stevie Nicks Rhiannon cover of Rumors dress with a top hat from which a rotating illuminated sign (batteries in hat) is raised which exclaims "I AM A STEVIE GIRL!!!!!!"

You, of course, could not use the plane or concert ticket unless you wore that outfit for the entire time :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: ;) :p

strandinthewind 08-15-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
This of course might reduce my chances of getting Lindsey's attention as opposed to that of the men in white coats.

. . . with that nice white jacket that makes you hug yourself :cool:

amber 08-15-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommer
due to a bizarre chain of circumstances, i found myself with some extra money, at a time where there are still tickets on sale, and i can (more or less) afford going. it was either do this, or go with friends to the full moon party in Koh Phangan.
i figured that although it is probably the last chance to ever see them live, at the same time i'm also getting a little too old for raves, and maybe some time i could also go see stevie solo (whenever that happens).
i decided to resist the temptation, and not let FM drag me thru 2 continents in the same year. i bought myself a 3 week vecation to Thailand.
with every joint i smoke, i'm realizing more and more, that one day, maybe tomorrow, maybe in 20 years time, i'm gonna regret it very badly. :distress: :distress: :distress:

Can I go to Thailand w/you? I'm a good rower.

tommer 08-15-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber
Can I go to Thailand w/you? I'm a good rower.

wer'e not lookin for rowers, but for blowers.

(don't be rude. i meant bongs)
do you remember that movie The Beach? wer'e scheduled to stay there amongst other islands.

shackin'up 08-15-2004 05:40 PM

Thailand huh? Three days of fun blowing, 18 days of stomach-illness. i wish you good luck, but i know what I would have chosen. I would have invited Livia for one more Mac-round....... ;)

have fun!

gerald

gldstwmn 08-15-2004 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommer

Congratulations! :woohoo:

tommer 08-16-2004 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up
Thailand huh? Three days of fun blowing, 18 days of stomach-illness. i wish you good luck, but i know what I would have chosen. I would have invited Livia for one more Mac-round....... ;)
have fun!
gerald

gerald, you know my basic intentions were to go to the netherlands. sadly, it didn't work out this time :distress: every trip i go that doesn't go through schiphol is always a second-best option to me (excluding FM pilgrimages of course).

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Congratulations! :woohoo:

thanx :cool:

Gypsy-Rhiannon 08-16-2004 02:51 AM

Well you know I think you made the right decision Tommer!

Pip