The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tusk - 2015 Deluxe & Expanded!! (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55637)

SorcererJP 11-05-2015 12:17 PM

Had the same problem overhere (The Netherlands), thanks for the Hola-link.

This Sara is beautiful. Wow, that promises a lot for the rest of those two live CD's (only reason I'll buy it while it will be on Spotify too probably).

deribish 11-05-2015 12:30 PM

Christine is doing some kick-ass rhythmic parts during the verses -- in a style I've never heard before. The arrangement and everything is different. It's great to hear!

sorcerer999 11-05-2015 12:45 PM

Repeating my comments from a thread in the Stevie forum regarding this song - Nice! She's starting to sing it pretty much the way she would perform it on the "Bella Donna" tour. You can hear the evolution.

Interesting to hear that Christine jumps the gun and hits a sour note after the "I think I had met my match" part. Oops.

The musical ending with Lindsey's guitar solo and Christine's chord arrangement is EVERYTHING!!! I'm so glad they released this version and extremely psyched for this boxed set!

SorcererJP 11-05-2015 01:00 PM

If you pre-order on iTunes yo get Sara tomorrow already so an add on FB said ...

WayOfTheDragon 11-05-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deribish (Post 1174599)
Christine is doing some kick-ass rhythmic parts during the verses -- in a style I've never heard before. The arrangement and everything is different. It's great to hear!

Yes... I love the sound of the tack piano.

He's So Unusual 11-05-2015 04:34 PM

I can't wait to get this.

BigAl84 11-05-2015 05:27 PM

If I saw Lindsey on the street today, I would BEG BEG BEG him to bring back the tack piano and all of that awesome guitar work which is largely missing in action in today's live approach. Besides, I think the tack piano would sound less dated than the cheezy synth they have going on now.

BigAl84 11-05-2015 05:38 PM

Even though I'm sure they had a crew assembling this while they were on the road i'm still impressed that:

1. They actually were able to put this together while on the road and actually get it released. I'm sure they had to listen to tapes and give their final blessings to which recordings were released. I didn't think they had it together enough to actually pull it off while on the road, despite many cooks in the kitchen helping them.

2. Stevie & her camp actually ok'd the release of her songs. Given her protective nature of her past and the preservation of her legacy, I didn't think anything would be released without being completely polished and overhauled/corrected in the studio, which is exactly what they did for the live 80 album! Based on what we hear on Sara - it sounds mostly untouched for the most part.

3. Shocked that they even had tapes in the vault that were able to be mastered for release. I remember years ago Ken Caillat put up a list in his QA of all of the recordings in the vault which he could pull from WB - I don't even recall if Tucson etc were in the vault!

shackin'up 11-05-2015 06:05 PM

It is the sexiest Sara ever. My goodness how beautiful phrased and paced. The keyboards are spectacular and combined with Lindsey's mournful and emotional endtones this is my favorite version for sure. Tears. Damn wat a singer she was. The way she sings it here, man. Sex on a stick. I'm 15 again.

vivfox 11-05-2015 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 1174625)
It is the sexiest Sara ever. The way she sings it here, man. Sex on a stick. I'm 15 again.

Great quote, Gerald. In all the bootlegs I have heard I have never heard Lindsey do such a long solo at the end of Sara like he did in Tuscon. Great, great version and crystal clear.

AnthonyMI 11-05-2015 06:29 PM

I was just listening to Mirage tour Sara and you can tell... they were totally phoning it in compared to the Tusk tour. NO COMPARISON. Im assuming that this LIVE version is not sweetened and the only instruments on it are a piano, guitar, bass and a drum kit. With just those instruments it sounds like an entire orchestra is playing. Anyone know if there were supplemental musicians on this? Lindsey's guitar guy? or someone else on keys?

I also have a 1979 Saint Louis show bootleg... totally different. Great playing, but this blows it away.

Wdm6789 11-05-2015 06:49 PM

I like this live version, but does anyone else think Christine must have been extra drunk? The piano sounds so off during the "and he was just like a great dark....." And the "hold on the night is coming....." parts. I don't think there is enough piano on this version, everything else kinda drowns it out. They should have turned it up on the soundboard. Everything else sounds awesome though. I like piano heavy Sara performances.

sorcerer999 11-05-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1174629)
I like this live version, but does anyone else think Christine must have been extra drunk? The piano sounds so off during the "and he was just like a great dark....." And the "hold on the night is coming....." parts. I don't think there is enough piano on this version, everything else kinda drowns it out. They should have turned it up on the soundboard. Everything else sounds awesome though. I like piano heavy Sara performances.

:nod: The most glaring thing that I noticed is that she plays the wrong chord after Stevie sings "I think I had met my match" but then quickly realizes what she's done and goes back to playing it correctly. It adds a bit of color to the "live experience" and makes me think that they indeed DID NOT do any "touch ups" whilst remastering these tapes...and I'm so thankful! :)

AliceLover 11-05-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAl84 (Post 1174623)
Even though I'm sure they had a crew assembling this while they were on the road i'm still impressed that:

1. They actually were able to put this together while on the road and actually get it released. I'm sure they had to listen to tapes and give their final blessings to which recordings were released. I didn't think they had it together enough to actually pull it off while on the road, despite many cooks in the kitchen helping them.

2. Stevie & her camp actually ok'd the release of her songs. Given her protective nature of her past and the preservation of her legacy, I didn't think anything would be released without being completely polished and overhauled/corrected in the studio, which is exactly what they did for the live 80 album! Based on what we hear on Sara - it sounds mostly untouched for the most part.

3. Shocked that they even had tapes in the vault that were able to be mastered for release. I remember years ago Ken Caillat put up a list in his QA of all of the recordings in the vault which he could pull from WB - I don't even recall if Tucson etc were in the vault!

I'd love to see that list of live recordings in the fault from Ken....

Wdm6789 11-05-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorcerer999 (Post 1174631)
:nod: The most glaring thing that I noticed is that she plays the wrong chord after Stevie sings "I think I had met my match" but then quickly realizes what she's done and goes back to playing it correctly. It adds a bit of color to the "live experience" and makes me think that they indeed DID NOT do any "touch ups" whilst remastering these tapes...and I'm so thankful! :)

When Stevie goes into the "and he was just like a great dark wing" and "hold on the night is coming" the piano sounds all weird and I can barely heard it. I am not an expert on instrument mechanics, but what it sounds like to me is one of the chords broke in the piano or something and Christine keeps playing it.

Those are my favorite parts of the song, specifically the piano on those two parts of the song. So I'm kinda bummed that the piano sounds so weird in this performance. The live version of Sara was what I was most looking forward to from the deluxe Tusk. I reviewed the track listing multiple times and took note of the asterisks. There doesn't seem to be any out takes or unleaded versions of Sara. There is also not an unreleased version of Sara on the "alternate Tusk."

Alright, update: I just listened to it again, the piano sounds awesome, it could be a little louder, but it sounds great. Except for those two parts. Why did Christine do those all weird in this performance?