The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The 1985 Fleetwood Mac album ....... (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54949)

BLY 02-14-2015 04:52 PM

The 1985 Fleetwood Mac album .......

........that could have been.

Got a Hold on Me
Loving Cup
No Spoken Word
Slow Dancing
Love Will Show us How
Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

Go Insane
I'm so Excited
Imperial Hotel
Ask Anybody
Play in the Rain
I Sing for the Things

DauphineMarie 02-14-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1160747)
........that could have been.

Got a Hold on Me
Loving Cup
No Spoken Word
Slow Dancing
Love Will Show us How
Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

Go Insane
I'm so Excited
Imperial Hotel
Ask Anybody
Play in the Rain
I Sing for the Things

This both excited me and makes me exceedingly uncomfortable lol. This would have been very interesting, and made for a twist in the balance of time for Fleetwood Mac.

Macfan4life 02-14-2015 05:41 PM

Interesting mix. I would need The smile I live for on that album ;)

BLY 02-14-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1160751)
Interesting mix. I would need The smile I live for on that album ;)

I know, it was hard to keep it to 12 tracks .

secondhandchain 02-14-2015 07:03 PM

Sorry, but that would have been an awful album.

BLY 02-14-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1160759)
Sorry, but that would have been an awful album.

I would have to disagree. Fleetwood Mac would have had a major hit album as a follow up to Mirage. Those songs or any other picks from those solo albums would have sold much more and got more radio play than those 3 solo releases.

DauphineMarie 02-14-2015 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1160760)
I would have to disagree. Fleetwood Mac would have had a major hit album as a follow up to Mirage. Those songs or any other picks from those solo albums would have sold much more and got more radio play than those 3 solo releases.

However, Tango did pretty well on its own. I think some of Stevie's stuff would have been better accepted - and adapted - on a Fleetwood Mac record than on Rock a Little.... Her songs on TITN are really just sup-par, and I think the opportunity to get her well-written songs on a record before her disastrous takes on Tango would have been beneficial.

Nick 02-14-2015 08:18 PM

Titn

^ I know you're not talking about "Seven Wonders", which is a f*cking jam.

Her other 2 songs on that album I agree are not among Stevie's greatest.

secondhandchain 02-14-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 1160762)

Stevie's singing on Seven Wonders is over the top and awful. Her singing in that time period was not good.

DauphineMarie 02-14-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 1160762)

No, Seven Wonders is one of my favourite songs ever. :) Even though I love the other two songs, they should NEVER have been included on a FM album...

BLY 02-14-2015 09:44 PM

Back to the topic....... Fleetwood Mac would have had a big hit in 1985 with 12 songs from those three solo releases!

BlueDenimLamp 02-14-2015 10:20 PM

If FM had issued a record in 1985 there most likely would have been no TITN since Stevie had records that had to be recorded for her solo contract and it's quite possible that a new record so soon after Mirage would have only moved up the time frame for LB's departure...

Macfanforever 02-14-2015 11:52 PM

I never thought of this. That s a good question if the Mac drop an album in 1985.

If it happen I would get a chance to see Lindsey with them before 1987 split.

Stevie would probably had to delay her RAL album release to spring instead of Nov 1985 and and still have her tour in 1986.

Unless she gives some of her RAL tunes to FM as noted.

I love Seven Wonders.I had it playing in my head since last Saturdays show.LOL....

Villavic 02-15-2015 01:43 PM

I don't see this track list as a strong album. I choose Tango, not sure it was the right moment (thinking in the turmoil) but I love that album

BlueDenimLamp 02-15-2015 02:34 PM

Another "IF"...If there had been a '85 album how many of the songs from the list would have been on the record??? "85" would have been recorded mostly in 1984 so Stevie's songs would probably have been "Mirror Mirror" tracks and not RAL songs...It's better that LB didn't have to use his solo tracks for FM since we never would have heard the end of him whining about "I had to use my solo stuff for FM" .