The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Peter Green (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Greenie live in February (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38657)

Popmuseum 01-11-2009 01:54 PM

Greenie live in February

peter green is going to play at spirit of 66 on feb, the 27th in verviers, belgium

*) CONCERTS AGENDA, February 2009: PETER GREEN (uk) Ex John Mayall Bluesbreakers, Fleetwood Mack, etc.. Une legende vivante ...
http://www.spiritof66.be/agendouble....age=1234306800

*) http://petergreen.oyla.de/cgi-bin/hpm_homepage.cgi

kowk 01-12-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popmuseum (Post 792487)
peter green is going to play at spirit of 66 on feb, the 27th in verviers, belgium

*) CONCERTS AGENDA, February 2009: PETER GREEN (uk) Ex John Mayall Bluesbreakers, Fleetwood Mack, etc.. Une legende vivante ...
http://www.spiritof66.be/agendouble....age=1234306800

*) http://petergreen.oyla.de/cgi-bin/hpm_homepage.cgi

It would be great to be there. I will be waiting impatiently for a report from this gig :-). Maybe Greeny is going to perform more?
Regards
Krzysztof

Popmuseum 01-12-2009 05:30 AM

Peter Green is called Greenie but played greeny

Hi,

how come that "Greenie" and "Greeny" get mixed up in this forum all of the time?

I've been told that Peter Green is called "Greenie" but his kind of guitar style is called "greeny".

At least Mick Fleetwood (who should have known best) calls Peter Green "Greenie".

Is there any difference?

asks,
Popmuseum

doodyhead 01-12-2009 07:28 AM

greeny or greenie

Dear Popmuseum,

since birth I have been called vinnie (amongst other things)

People who write to me write vinnie or vinny with their discretion. I was told once that I should not call myself vinnie as in english it is a diminutive of Vincent (my proper name).
English as a language is crazy. I personally don't see the difference.

I think you can use either one as Peter most likely doe not refer to himself ad either one.

vinnie c

and doodiehead

Popmuseum 01-12-2009 07:31 AM

greeny and greenie

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodyhead (Post 792570)
Dear Popmuseum, English as a language is crazy. I personally don't see the difference. I think you can use either one as Peter most likely do not refer to himself ad either one. vinnie c and doodiehead

Dear vinnie c / doodiehead,

thank you very much. I like Greenie more than Greeny - it has a better look. :)

Popmuseum

Ms Moose 01-12-2009 01:26 PM

The Jolly Green Giant

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popmuseum (Post 792571)
Dear vinnie c / doodiehead,

thank you very much. I like Greenie more than Greeny - it has a better look. :)

Popmuseum

I think doodyhead is right. Greeny/nie's family and friends probably calls him..... "Pete".

I don't like either Greeny or Greenie because it always reminds me of an english commercial (I think it was) - "The Jolly Green Giant" - that was supposed to make children eat more vegetables!

Anyway - it is great news that he will appear in public again, but anxiously I can't help wondering: who else with be there with him?

Ms Moose(y)

dansven 01-12-2009 02:14 PM

Thank you so much for posting, Popmuseum!!! :D
Somebody got to record this!!!

Reminds me of how great he looked at those new videos at MOJO and that other place.
I too wonder who's gonna be there with him. Probably that guy from those videos on rhythm guitar. Perhaps brother Michael??
Anyway, I hope he gets a good band with him, hopefully some sympathetic players who can support him rather than drown him. I'd rather take a verse of muted/silent Greeny while he gains new inspiration, than an other flashy lead guitarist who steps up as soon as Peter calms down a bit! :nod:

I really hope there'll be more gigs, and that he gets a solid and stable band. He mentioned in a recent interview that he's been jamming with some musicians from Spain. It could be them...?

snoot 01-12-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doodyhead (Post 792570)
Dear Popmuseum,

since birth I have been called vinnie (amongst other things)

People who write to me write vinnie or vinny with their discretion. I was told once that I should not call myself vinnie as in english it is a diminutive of Vincent (my proper name).
English as a language is crazy. I personally don't see the difference.

I think you can use either one as Peter most likely doe not refer to himself ad either one.

vinnie c

and doodiehead

Perfect scenario, perfect answer.

doodiehead, I like that. :thumbsup:

kowk 01-12-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Popmuseum (Post 792565)
Hi,

how come that "Greenie" and "Greeny" get mixed up in this forum all of the time?

I've been told that Peter Green is called "Greenie" but his kind of guitar style is called "greeny".

At least Mick Fleetwood (who should have known best) calls Peter Green "Greenie".

Is there any difference?

asks,
Popmuseum

Hi,
I'm not fluent in English :). I think both forms are correct.
But I'm going to use "Greeny" because I've been accustomed to it since Gary Moore "Blues for Greeny" tribute album ;)
Regards
Krzysztof

snoot 01-12-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms Moose (Post 792614)
Anyway - it is great news that he will appear in public again, but anxiously I can't help wondering: who else with be there with him?

The bigger question remains: will he be up to the task, or just taking up space on stage? It's sad to see Peter reduced to flotsam, which is basically what he appeared to be at quite a few stage performances in recent years. The problem is, you never know just what you're going to get with PG at any given time, especially this late in the game. All we can hope is that he's enjoying himself, which is important, but sometimes it's almost painful to watch. You can't help but come away wondering if others are manipulating him, for any number of suspect reasons.

dansven 01-12-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoot (Post 792657)
The bigger question remains: will he be up to the task,

"Task"?!? YOUR EXPECTATIONS?!?!? You know what?? He's always been up to it!!:mad:

Quote:

All we can hope is that he's enjoying himself, which is important, but sometimes it's almost painful to watch.

Then don't watch it!! Nobody's trying to force you into something you don't want!!

We've been "without" Peter now for the most part since 2003. Nigel might have played too many solos and Peter didn't write any songs for the Splinter Group, but at least it was a solid band where Peter could blossom and enjoy himself!

Now finally it seems like something is happening again. And then of course somebody has to write such stupid bull****! :eek:
The new videos shows a man enjoying himself! You can call it "manipulation" or "encouragement" but as long as he enjoys playing, then that should be enough for me and you and everybody to keep quiet!

Quote:

just taking up space on stage? It's sad to see Peter reduced to flotsam,

These comments are more evil than the people you suspect are manipulating Peter Green!!! Disrespectful! :mad::mad::mad:

snoot 01-12-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 792660)
"Task"?!? YOUR EXPECTATIONS?!?!? You know what?? He's always been up to it!!:mad:

Then don't watch it!! Nobody's trying to force you into something you don't want!!

We've been "without" Peter now for the most part since 2003. Nigel might have played too many solos and Peter didn't write any songs for the Splinter Group, but at least it was a solid band where Peter could blossom and enjoy himself!

Now finally it seems like something is happening again. And then of course somebody has to write such stupid bull****! :eek:
The new videos shows a man enjoying himself! You can call it "manipulation" or "encouragement" but as long as he enjoys playing, then that should be enough for me and you and everybody to keep quiet!

These comments are more evil than the people you suspect are manipulating Peter Green!!! Disrespectful! :mad::mad::mad:

Geez dude, what's up with you? *Reality check*

Wouter Vuijk 01-12-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kowk (Post 792655)
Hi,
I'm not fluent in English :). I think both forms are correct.
But I'm going to use "Greeny" because I've been accustomed to it since Gary Moore "Blues for Greeny" tribute album ;)
Regards
Krzysztof

For me it's Greeny because that was the title of his instrumental recording with John Mayall during Bluesbreaker days, way back in the sixties (or is it sixtys? :laugh:).

JonsonP 01-13-2009 04:41 AM

Quote:

The bigger question remains: will he be up to the task

The problem is, you never know just what you're going to get with PG at any given time.

I can definitely see where Snoot is coming from with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansven (Post 792660)
You know what?? He's always been up to it

We've been "without" Peter now for the most part since 2003.

but as long as he enjoys playing, then that should be enough

But also completely agree with this, and Nigel certainly played too many solo's!

Surely its easy enough to see both points here? :thumbsup:

dino 01-13-2009 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonsonP (Post 792739)
I can definitely see where Snoot is coming from with this.

But also completely agree with this, and Nigel certainly played too many solo's!

Surely its easy enough to see both points here? :thumbsup:

Haha, you go, dansven!
At this point in his career Peter is entitled to do whatever he wants.
Problem is, he always has to contend with peoples' expectations ("will he be up to the task" - Snoot!) and the "guitar hero" role, something he is obviously no longer interested in doing. He's not the same player as in the 60's, and that's not the style of playing he's into now. Would be nice to see him do some experimental stuff, not just the same old BMW again.