The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's next for the man who defined the Rumours line up? What's next for the rest? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57899)

SteveMacD 05-09-2018 10:18 PM

The tour starts in five months. Hell, I didn’t get my LBCM tickets until a few days prior to the show. Lots of time. They may have to play on the Today show or something like that in August if sales are sluggish. I seriously doubt they’re too worried at this point.

dreamsunwind 05-09-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227373)
The tour starts in five months. Hell, I didn’t get my LBCM tickets until a few days prior to the show. Lots of time. They may have to play on the Today show or something like that in August if sales are sluggish. I seriously doubt they’re too worried at this point.

That is true but there's still quite a big difference as to how this tour is selling compared to how previous tours sold during that same time. In Los Angeles at least, the last tour was mostly all filled up very quickly after going on sale. In bigger cities like that, that's usually how it works. People buy the tickets as soon as possible to get them before they sell out.

SteveMacD 05-09-2018 11:05 PM

I wouldn’t measure it by the last tour. The 2014 tour was a much bigger tour than the 2013 tour because there was a compelling reason for that tour. Christine retuning was something special, and even casual concert goers who might not actually know her name still knew the full classic Fleetwood Mac was back for the first time in a generation. I doubt this tour will be as successful as last tour, but it wouldn’t have been even if Lindsey was still in the band.

GypsySorcerer 05-10-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227377)
I doubt this tour will be as successful as last tour, but it wouldn’t have been even if Lindsey was still in the band.

Perhaps. But if they billed it their as "their farewell tour," it probably would have been as successful. I work at a university, and FM is hugely popular with the students. They would have jumped at the chance to see the Rumours 5 one final time. Since most of them were born in the late 1990s to 2000, they are actually more familiar with Lindsey than Christine, since Christine only rejoined a few years ago.

SteveMacD 05-10-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer (Post 1227406)
Perhaps. But if they billed it their as "their farewell tour," it probably would have been as successful.

I agree, but it being billed as a farewell tour was already off the table.

Storms123 05-10-2018 12:20 PM

“An Evening with Fleetwood Mac....the going down in a haze of confusion tour”

jeets2000 05-10-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227373)

I remember thinking even a week out from Stevie's 24k tour in DC that the place was going to be half-full. I was surprised to see exactly how full it was on show night, but they did curtain off the upper deck. I got front row tickets the morning of the show, thanks to a surprising ticket drop. But the map looked similar to how it does now for many of these FM shows. I do think there's enough time for them to make up ground.

But it would serve them right if the arenas didn't fill. :mad:

sasja 05-10-2018 08:36 PM

I 'm not a bit worried about anything, knowing how Karma goes around in this universe.

Who knows what he inadvertently might not escape, while not traveling with that bunch.

And Lindsey is still, thankfully, in all other respects a fortunate human bean with a wonderful fam, those kids seem awesome too, and he has his health! ( or at least I never heard of him having to fight any major illnesses just yet) And his talent. And a cool studio at his house, right?
I am hoping he's not nearly as bend out of shape as we are, he deserves good times in his future.

Also, so he can give us some more good music. I am not just entirely altruistic.