The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Therapy needed for post-concert blues (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=42091)

steve.uk 11-05-2009 05:00 AM

Therapy needed for post-concert blues

Symptoms - introducing anecdotes about the concerts into all your converstaions to the bemusement and annoyance of everyone you talk to; a vague sense of loss that it's all over; waking up with a particular song in your head and having to play it on repeat all the way to work (this morning it was Gypsy, Stand Back yesterday...); trawling youtube obsessively looking for out-of-focus clips of the concert ; being permanently logged in to this site ; dreaming up outrageous schemes involving financial suicide and loss of employment to get to Australia for the next leg of the tour; and worst of all trying to ignore the nagging fear that I might have just seen them live for the last time.
:distress:

I can't be the only one suffering from this - give me some therapy, Ledgies!

DavidMn 11-05-2009 05:21 AM

You took the words right out fo my mouth sir!:laugh: I was just looking at flights a few minutes ago to New Zealand for those 2 shows. Unfortunately the cheapest airfare I could find was about $3,500US RT from Minneapolis where I live. Um, not gonna happen.:(:laugh:

TrueFaith77 11-05-2009 06:31 AM

I always find that writing out my attempts to get to the bottom of the experience can prove very cathartic.

GODDESS6 11-05-2009 06:42 AM

you're not alone, i always get the mac blues after seeing them & not knowing when & if i'll see them again~

Sahara 11-05-2009 06:53 AM

I was on a high for about a week. Now I'm off it. I'm saving the Youtube videos of the concert for a really bad moment....

Mac_Villain 11-05-2009 08:40 AM

I'm seriously suffering post concert blues. That was the first time I'd seen them live & it destroys me knowing I'm unlikely to see them again. I can't give my dissertation the attention it deserves!!

JeannieKartis 11-05-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 852115)
You took the words right out fo my mouth sir!:laugh: I was just looking at flights a few minutes ago to New Zealand for those 2 shows. Unfortunately the cheapest airfare I could find was about $3,500US RT from Minneapolis where I live. Um, not gonna happen.:(:laugh:

work overtime, eat beans for dinner! you can do it david!! :)

HejiraNYC 11-05-2009 09:26 AM

Airfare from NYC - Los Angeles - Brisbane - Auckland - NYC will be a little over $2500, which isn't cheap, but not horrendous, all things considered. Gah! If I can somehow get front section tickets for Brisbane and New Plymouth (and maybe even Perth?), I think I would seriously consider this... If nothing else, I have always wanted to visit down under, so I cannot think of a better excuse to go! Call me an adrenaline junkie... there's nothing better than feeling the rumble of the bass along the edge of the stage. :nod: It is an addiction that needs to be fed!

JeannieKartis 11-05-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 852145)
Airfare from NYC - Los Angeles - Brisbane - Auckland - NYC will be a little over $2500, which isn't cheap, but not horrendous, all things considered. Gah! If I can somehow get front section tickets for Brisbane and New Plymouth (and maybe even Perth?), I think I would seriously consider this... If nothing else, I have always wanted to visit down under, so I cannot think of a better excuse to go! Call me an adrenaline junkie... there's nothing better than feeling the rumble of the bass along the edge of the stage. :nod: It is an addiction that needs to be fed!

I am going to AU by way of HI when I retire which will be in 1 yr 8 mos....what are the chances they will be touring again over there by then????

HejiraNYC 11-05-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeannieKartis (Post 852147)
I am going to AU by way of HI when I retire which will be in 1 yr 8 mos....what are the chances they will be touring again over there by then????

Retirement? Ugh! What's that? I always thought I would retire before 50, but now... don't think so! :distress:

Well, if they aren't touring, you can always catch Mick's band doing Hawaiian-inspired covers of FM hits. :lol:

But congrats on retirement! I should be so lucky...

JeannieKartis 11-05-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 852149)
Retirement? Ugh! What's that? I always thought I would retire before 50, but now... don't think so! :distress:

Well, if they aren't touring, you can always catch Mick's band doing Hawaiian-inspired covers of FM hits. :lol:

But congrats on retirement! I should be so lucky...

yeah, I'm lucky, I work for the dept. of the navy (civil service) under the old retirement system...retire at 55 :)

HejiraNYC 11-05-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMn (Post 852115)

I found Minneapolis-originating flights from $1865 (tax inclusive) if you fly into Auckland, where you can rent a car and drive the rest of the way down to New Plymouth. It's only $1500 if you fly out of LAX. Come on, David... you can do it! I am finding that it is much cheaper if you fly on or around Christmas day, so if you plan accordingly, you can save some cash.

chazlightyear 11-05-2009 10:19 AM

Its so funny reading all these comments i thought my friend and i were the only ones in deep depression! We saw them in Sheffield on monday night and have been hopelessly emotional ever since, even to the point of shedding a tear when leaving the Hotel carpark on tuesday morning the cd player kicked in with Monday Morning!. I've bored everyone i can find rigid with it, set myself up a playlist from youtube and hoping there will be a chance they'll tour the uk again. Next monday will probably be the "This time last week" scenario.

I wish you all well and i'm sure we'll get through it together!!!:)

Take care all

Sahara 11-05-2009 10:45 AM

Remember, after the Say You Will tour a lot of people probably thought that was the end of the road for FM tours -- heck, it's been that way for years. So don't lose hope!

kak125 11-05-2009 10:46 AM

omg i always get so depressed after a fm show. i remember seeing them last march in pittsburgh on opening night and looking forward to that show for so long and once it was over i didnt know what to do with myself. i have found that if i make plans to do something fun a few days after the show or even the next week that it helps me get over the depression cuz i have something to look foward to. lol i am glad to know i am not the only one that went on youtube and looked for concert clips -ha ha!!
dont worry though it will get better in a few weeks time :)