The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie still not on board for new album. (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54435)

BlueDenimLamp 10-14-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonfly (Post 1149415)
Do they still have a deal with Warners/Reprise/other?

I really think they would need all five involved to have any chance of success. They're never going to shift huge numbers anymore, but that said you see the likes of Rod Stewart and others in their age bracket doing pretty well.

Sales aren't the be all and end all for them now, and as long as it's a good album that's all that really matters - but with decent promotion they could still do ok (hence people being annoyed at the Glastonbury news!).:mad:

I don't know if WB would give them a deal without Stevie being involved..."24 Karat Gold" just landed at #8 on the Billboard chart so FM should be able to do the same as long as Stevie participates.

Bandon 10-14-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1149417)
A lot of speculation, accusations, and finger-pointing in this thread, despite the fact that this is all based on something Mick allegedly said. And, even if he did say something regarding the new album and Stevie's participation, without knowledge of his exact wording, we have no idea if this "Stevie's not on board" comment being attributed to him is even accurate.

For what it's worth, either Christine or Lindsey (I'm blanking on which) said just a couple of months ago, that Stevie has "assured" the band that she will be ready and available to participate in the album once they're ready to resume recording after the tour.

That quote was directly attributed. So I'm much more inclined to believe it than this latest rumored B.S.

Johnny Stew is once again the voice of reason. :nod:

Dragonfly 10-14-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1149418)
I don't know if WB would give them a deal without Stevie being involved..."24 Karat Gold" just landed at #8 on the Billboard chart so FM should be able to do the same as long as Stevie participates.

Yes, I think they would be reluctant too.

Am not really a fan of her solo career (have a couple of her albums only) but that's great news that the album is doing so well:thumbsup:

I do wish her well with her solo stuff but do hope she can find time to record with FM. I reckon she will in the end;)

TrueFaith77 10-14-2014 06:09 PM

Baseless conjecture (well... if by baseless you mean, the band's history over the last 34 years). Some of these Christine/Lindsey songs will show up on a Lindsey solo album. Some will show up on a FM ep or greatest hits re-release to bolster another tour. In the meantime (HAHAHAHAHAHAH) Lindsey and Stevie will tour said solo projects. There will never be another FM album again. EDIT: Lindsey solo album should be titled "High & Mighty"

jbrownsjr 10-14-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Stew (Post 1149417)
A lot of speculation, accusations, and finger-pointing in this thread, despite the fact that this is all based on something Mick allegedly said. And, even if he did say something regarding the new album and Stevie's participation, without knowledge of his exact wording, we have no idea if this "Stevie's not on board" comment being attributed to him is even accurate.

For what it's worth, either Christine or Lindsey (I'm blanking on which) said just a couple of months ago, that Stevie has "assured" the band that she will be ready and available to participate in the album once they're ready to resume recording after the tour.

That quote was directly attributed. So I'm much more inclined to believe it than this latest rumored B.S.

I'm pretty convinced this is just like the reporter using quotes in different circumstances that makes something seem different than what it is. But it's fun to see who roots for whom, and just how sarcastic people can get. Guess which bunch is the worst??? ;);):angel::lol:

jbrownsjr 10-14-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 1149431)
In the meantime (HAHAHAHAHAHAH)"

I'll never tire of that!

jbrownsjr 10-14-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp (Post 1149418)

#8 isn't all that good in terms of sales. I don't think they will release it without her. That would not make sense on so many levels.
If marketed correctly, FMac could really have some stellar album sales. They certainly sold tickets very well.

jkmaletic 10-14-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1149438)
#8 isn't all that good in terms of sales. I don't think they will release it without her. That would not make sense on so many levels.
If marketed correctly, FMac could really have some stellar album sales. They certainly sold tickets very well.

It would be great if we could do a study. We could ask people who consider themselves "casual" Fleetwood Mac fans if they'd be interested in a release and tour of a Stevie-less Fleetwood Mac. It would be interesting to see what the results of that would be.

Jamie

He's So Unusual 10-14-2014 06:41 PM

One more album as a five piece would be a great way for the band to go out. Let's see what happens.

bombaysaffires 10-14-2014 06:47 PM

someone (a Ledgie?? Karen?? :lol:) just lost their sh&t on Richard for him saying if Stevie didn't join the band for a new album what is the point of said album--- meaning…..without the full 5, the chance to cap their careers with one more album as a fivesome is lost. This person went off, saying their blood was boiling over his "flip" response implying that the band can't record without Stevie. :eek:

If people can't stand dissenting opinions, maybe they should stay off online forums..just sayin' :shrug:

michelej1 10-14-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkmaletic (Post 1149443)
It would be great if we could do a study. We could ask people who consider themselves "casual" Fleetwood Mac fans if they'd be interested in a release and tour of a Stevie-less Fleetwood Mac. It would be interesting to see what the results of that would be.

Jamie

I doubt the casual fans are going to buy a new FM album anyway. They'll just pick up The Greatest Hits.

Anyway, the argument is not whether people WANT Stevie on the album or not. Everyone would be glad to have her, but if she doesn't want to record, then I don't want them to wait any longer for her to maybe change her mind.

As for touring, there'd be no point in touring without her. They couldn't do it successfully. That's why it's good that they are raking up the money now and next year. I wish securing those proceeds would embolden the four of them to proceed knowing their financial security is not at stake, without Stevie.

As for publicity, just telling the whole story of why she hasn't recorded with them will get them interviews and newspaper articles. The media outlets can do a new spin on the bickering band that way.

Will WB want them without Stevie, probably not, but they could benefit from parting from WB anyway. It's more interested in their back catalog than the aging rockers today.

Michele

louielouie2000 10-14-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by He's So Unusual (Post 1149445)
One more album as a five piece would be a great way for the band to go out. Let's see what happens.

It WILL happen. It's just a matter of time & logistics.

michelej1 10-14-2014 06:57 PM

There's really no reason why we need only have ONE more album anyway. They can do one now and one in a couple of years. If Stevie doesn't want to record right now, I'm sure she'll come around in 2-3 years and that album can be the last hurrah. This one can be the penultimate. Michele

michelej1 10-14-2014 07:04 PM

Mick has a Mojo interview coming. I would love it if we could learn more about FM's future then, but he may just concentrate on his book.

Michele

SteveMacD 10-14-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louielouie2000 (Post 1149341)
Truth. All talk of a FM album is being kept under wraps until Stevie's promotion of her solo album concludes. Logic & reason, for the win! :thumbsup:

I learned SOMETHING in the four years I've worked in the industry.