The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sheryl Crow (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57921)

secret love 05-18-2018 04:37 PM

Sheryl Crow

Doesn't Sheryl Crow look appealing now that we've got Neil Finn and Mike Campbell instead?
Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow (pre Christine)
OR
Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow OR Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow and Neil Finn (post Buckingham split)
Do you think they even considered bringing in a female? It didn't have to be Sheryl Crow if they did but equality would have been nice - three men and three women - and with Neil (piano) and Sheryl (guitar, bass, piano) it's two for one, they sing and they play an instrument!

Bet Stevie plays this while she's having fun dancing around her apartment!

Kyle 05-18-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1228372)
Doesn't Sheryl Crow look appealing now that we've got Neil Finn and Mike Campbell instead?
Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow (pre Christine)
OR
Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks and Sheryl Crow OR Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow and Neil Finn (post Buckingham split)
Do you think they even considered bringing in a female? It didn't have to be Sheryl Crow if they did but equality would have been nice - three men and three women - and with Neil (piano) and Sheryl (guitar, bass, piano) it's two for one, they sing and they play an instrument!

Bet Stevie plays this while she's having fun dancing around her apartment!

I think Sheryl Crow would be a great addition to the current line up. Susanna Hoffs would also be interesting.

secret love 05-18-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 1228373)
I think Sheryl Crow would be a great addition to the current line up. Susanna Hoffs would also be interesting.

Watch this:
https://www.stereogum.com/1784616/wa...oke-bar/video/
I think Susanna's voice is closer to Stevie's, whereas Sheryl's is a little different, but I believe all three are contraltos.
Seriously though, if you have to bring in two new people, shouldn't one be a woman?

Kyle 05-18-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1228374)
Watch this:
https://www.stereogum.com/1784616/wa...oke-bar/video/
I think Susanna's voice is closer to Stevie's, whereas Sheryl's is a little different, but I believe all three are contraltos.
Seriously though, if you have to bring in two new people, shouldn't one be a woman?

I think Sheryl Crow should definitely be brought it. This is, most likely, a farewell tour. Why not go out with a bang?

I would absolutely detest "Eternal Flame" if anyone other than Susanna Hoffs sang it. I would love seeing Susanna join FM, but my first choice would definitely be Sheryl Crow.

ryan4136 05-18-2018 05:22 PM

I think a Buckingham/Crow album would be great. Maybe a remake of Cryin in the Night

gldstwmn 05-18-2018 05:24 PM

If some are to be believed then this could actually happen. :shrug:

dreamsunwind 05-18-2018 05:31 PM

If the rumours about Christine are true then this might actually happen LMAO.

dreamsunwind 05-18-2018 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1228381)
If some are to be believed then this could actually happen. :shrug:

I was thinking the same thing :laugh:
No Lindsey to say "absolutely not" and possibly no Christine either :laugh:

jwd 05-18-2018 05:37 PM

Bring in a few more people and they could call it Mick's All Star Band, ala Ringo.....

Kyle 05-18-2018 06:15 PM

How about Shania Twain? My first choice is still Sheryl Crow.

Lindsey who?

Kyle 05-18-2018 06:32 PM

If I recall correctly, Mick saw Sheryl Crow performing in a bar in the early 90's. He asked her go join him at his table. He told her that she reminded him of Stevie Nicks. Imagine how history might have changed, if Mick had asked Sheryl to join Fleetwood Mac.

Storms123 05-18-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1228385)
Bring in a few more people and they could call it Mick's All Star Band, ala Ringo.....

Why don't they just get all of the people who sang at the Musicares event, leave Mick, John, Stevie, Chris and the ringers home, and call it Fleetwood Mac. Clearly from Mick's perspective, it's the songs that make the band not the people who sing them. I am sure people would LOVE to hear Lorde slay the hell out of "Silver Springs" again.:D

Kyle 05-18-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1228396)
Why don't they just get all of the people who sang at the Musicares event, leave Mick, John, Stevie, Chris and the ringers home, and call it Fleetwood Mac. Clearly from Mick's perspective, it's the songs that make the band not the people who sing them. I am sure people would LOVE to hear Lorde slay the hell out of "Silver Springs" again.:D

Or, we could just get all the people from FM, who don't beat women, together and call it Fleetwood Mac. Oh wait. We've already done that. Problem solved.

jwd 05-18-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storms123 (Post 1228396)

I think Mick and Stevie had a secret deal with Harry Styles. They ditched Lindsey and then Harry ditched them. Oh the karma of it all.

Storms123 05-18-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 1228397)
Or, we could just get all the people from FM, who don't beat women, together and call it Fleetwood Mac. Oh wait. We've already done that. Problem solved.

Wow, was that really necessary. Off base