The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   White Album At Wal-Mart (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50596)

MacFan92 08-02-2012 10:02 AM

White Album At Wal-Mart

Has anyone else noticed the White Album is randomly available at their local Wal-Mart now? I was just there 2 days ago and they had several copies of it stocked, for only $5. It wasn't the remastered deluxe edition, either. I've never seen it there before and it just seems strange that they're suddenly stocking it, especially when they've been downsizing their number of CD's so much. Usually the only Mac albums they have are Rumours, The Very Best of, and Greatest Hits.

CADreaming 08-02-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacFan92 (Post 1060455)
Has anyone else noticed the White Album is randomly available at their local Wal-Mart now? I was just there 2 days ago and they had several copies of it stocked, for only $5. It wasn't the remastered deluxe edition, either. I've never seen it there before and it just seems strange that they're suddenly stocking it, especially when they've been downsizing their number of CD's so much. Usually the only Mac albums they have are Rumours, The Very Best of, and Greatest Hits.

That is kind of random. Was that the only FM in stock? I remember Azoff was spouting about a Wal-Mart exclusive Mac deal a couple-three years back...

Villavic 08-02-2012 11:44 AM

I can't believe a Fleetwood Mac product is so cheap now.:confused:

I wish the merchandise at their concerts were that cheap.

MacFan92 08-02-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CADreaming (Post 1060456)
That is kind of random. Was that the only FM in stock? I remember Azoff was spouting about a Wal-Mart exclusive Mac deal a couple-three years back...

They had that and The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac.

aleuzzi 08-02-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacFan92 (Post 1060455)

It's amazing how many younger people respond to Landslide more than any other Mac song. Maybe there's a demand? But yeah, quite random.

Lilguy0726 08-02-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1060512)
It's amazing how many younger people respond to Landslide more than any other Mac song. Maybe there's a demand? But yeah, quite random.

That's probably because of South Park more than anything. Not that it's not relateable to someone that age. A bit off topic, but the Best Buy near my house had Tusk in stock for a few weeks back in the winter.

Macfanforever 08-02-2012 10:21 PM

I have to go check the next time I go to Walmart.

Meantime I notice their new music CD collection is getting smaller lately.

tilthefirefades 08-03-2012 12:34 AM

It's been there for about 3 weeks now, bought as soon as I saw it for the hell of it. Tango has been there for months now for $5 too, along with Bella Donna. I keep waiting to see if they will add anymore, me and my best friend actually go every Tuesday to see if they add anything.

Macfanforever 08-11-2012 07:26 PM

I stop down at my local Walmart.As I remember this thread.I went over to the cd section and look for FM/Stevie/Lindsey cds..There was nothing in the FM location were the FM white plastic name tag card is.Stevie's cds were all gone as also Lindsey's cds were gone too including their name tag cards.I check the discount bin and I did not find them in there either.Anyway the CD collection was a total mess.Nothing in order no more.The place is a wreck.Like the old Kmart was.

I was short on cash.But I did find some country cds for $5 bucks.I'll get them next time If they are still there.Atlease they still have a well stocked
country music section there.

wetcamelfood 08-11-2012 07:48 PM

I saw it at a local chain (Newbury Comics) when I went to get Jeremy Spencer's new album on "Record Store Day". There were no bonus tracks on the 2LP version of FM (75), they just stretchted the songs out to 2 LPs so they could make a gatefold cover for it. I guess it'd be nice to have for a collector type of collection ("visual" collector that is, not "recording archival" collection). :)

John

MacFan92 08-11-2012 08:36 PM

My Wal-Mart's CD selection is a wreck too. Mine randomly has a huge selection of Latino music, which is odd because there aren't a lot of hispanic people in the area.

Macfanforever 08-11-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacFan92 (Post 1061347)
My Wal-Mart's CD selection is a wreck too. Mine randomly has a huge selection of Latino music, which is odd because there aren't a lot of hispanic people in the area.

Yes we have a Latino music section here to.

Also they have all the American Idol collection too on a big display.

MacFan92 08-13-2012 09:26 PM

Just to update y'all, I went to a different Wal-Mart yesterday in a different county, and they were also stocking the white album, which they had never done before either. Maybe there's a big demand for it in the thumb of Michigan haha.

Macfanforever 08-13-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacFan92 (Post 1061466)
Just to update y'all, I went to a different Wal-Mart yesterday in a different county, and they were also stocking the white album, which they had never done before either. Maybe there's a big demand for it in the thumb of Michigan haha.

I hope they ship some my way soon.The FM section was empty on my last report.