The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie's outfit on Leno (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=9557)

strandinthewind 04-22-2003 08:22 PM

Stevie's outfit on Leno

OK - I think we will see the return of the dreaded by some black dress. I have to say as much as I am tired of the black dress, I kind of missed it on the Today show.

Let's just hope she does not haul out in that duster-esq. thing she wore on the Leno show with Sheryl Crowe and with the Dixie Chicks at the Divas show. :laugh:

Moreover, I want boots!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Any comments, predictions, etc.

nae 04-22-2003 08:30 PM

Well, I think she looks pretty good in pants. Maybe with boots or high heels and something sparkly (tunic like) on top. Black, light pink or beige, or red.

Nae

greatdarkwing 04-22-2003 09:06 PM

Who are we kidding, here?!

Lets be honest, the ONLY WAY she will retire that dress is if moths destroy it!!!!!

But, heres to optimism!

~Alex

P.S. LOL!:laugh:

Miranda 04-22-2003 09:06 PM

No, to the black witch dress! Yes, to the pants and a spangly, sparkly top. Stevie looks good in burgandy. I'd like to see her with a little class, not like a refugee from Bewitched.

greatdarkwing 04-22-2003 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Miranda
No, to the black witch dress! Yes, to the pants and a spangly, sparkly top. Stevie looks good in burgandy. I'd like to see her with a little class, not like a refugee from Bewitched.
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

~Alex

Livia 04-23-2003 09:09 AM

Okay, I'm seriously demented, I was actually thinking about this in the shower this morning. Keep in mind that she has to come up with TWO outfits, one for each night. :eek: I hope she doesn't wear the same dress with a different shawl or whatever....

Pleeeease, Stevie, get Margi Kent's butt over to that sewing machine and put her to work for this tour!!!

strandinthewind 04-23-2003 09:58 AM

Livia -

I would just love it if she would wear the white dress in your avatar; she looks fantastic in it!!!!! :D

Also, she had a few different colored outfits and boots during The Dance tour. So, here's hoping she will do the same for this tour.

dissention 04-23-2003 10:02 AM

Okay: if she shows up wearing that mob widow, horrific moo-moo, I will make it a point to show up at a live show with a bran-spankin'-new wardrobe for The Nicks. That thing is so damn ugly and it should be so worn out with rips and pit stains already!!! Good lordy...is she looking to get savaged by the press?!

chiliD 04-23-2003 10:08 AM

Anyone notice that ever since the IRS disallowed her significantly high-dollared amount of a tax deduction for "stage wear" back in about 1994 or 95, she's pretty much worn "that" dress almost exclusively?

sulamith 04-23-2003 10:14 AM

She did have a few great pieces for the Dance Tour. She wasn't photgraphed much in them, but there were some great coats and dusters and things. Where are those?

Chili I noticed that IRS thing as well. It's like she's scared to spend money on clothes now.

I drive myself crazy on this subject. She's a diva, and she should have a wardrobe befitting of that. Doggone it!

She's a beautiful lady and that same old dress makes her like a frump.

Please Stevie, hear our cry!

-Sharon

dissention 04-23-2003 10:17 AM

I've noticed that, too! It dates back to the Dance tour. Regardless, though, she has OODLES of money pouring in, she can afford a damn new dress! She's known Margi Kent long enough where she could get a damn discount. If that doesn't work...there's always Penneys. :laugh:

dissention 04-23-2003 10:19 AM

Say you will
Say you will wear a brand new dress
At least give us time to change your mind
It always seems to heal fashion missteps
If we could get you to change that dress

dissention 04-23-2003 10:20 AM

Step into the velvet of a new dress
Let yourself lay back in new fabrics
Take on the situation but not the torment
Now you know that old dress was as ugly as it seemed

dissention 04-23-2003 10:24 AM

Even better:

Just like that old funeral dress
Sings a song, sounds like she singing
Ooh, baby, ooh...take me off!

And the days go by
Like a strand in that dress
In the bad fashion sense that is my own
I begin again
Said to my friend
"I'm shopping at JC Penneys"

C'mon everyone! Join in on the fun! :laugh:

Livia 04-23-2003 10:24 AM

Quote:

I would just love it if she would wear the white dress in your avatar; she looks fantastic in it!!!!!
I agree!!! But, didn't the duster get sold on Ebay for charity?