The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What can Stevie do to win back the many long time fans she’s lost the last few years? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58559)

Jondalar 02-14-2019 06:10 PM

What can Stevie do to win back the many long time fans she’s lost the last few years?

Is there anything she can do? She’s refused to record a new album, had Lindsey kicked out, has become a dictator...

Could anything redeem her in her lost fan base and Fleetwood Mac’s fanbase? The question needs to be asked.

Personally, I think she needs to show some humility. That might help. She seems like a taker and I think she needs to start giving, without wanting anything in return.

HomerMcvie 02-14-2019 06:30 PM

It's too late for that, imo. $he's THE STAR, the first woman to be doubly inducted... THE BO$$.

Although $he goes by different names in my house.

Jondalar 02-14-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1249042)
It's too late for that, imo. $he's THE STAR, the first woman to be doubly inducted... THE BO$$.

Although $he goes by different names in my house.

How can a person who wrote Landslide, a song about reflection, not see her onwn ugly negative reflection right now and want to be redeemed???

button-lip 02-14-2019 06:41 PM

When I first read the thread title I thought it was a "yes-no" poll.

My answer is no.

HomerMcvie 02-14-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1249044)
How can a person who wrote Landslide, a song about reflection, not see her onwn ugly negative reflection right now and want to be redeemed???

Lots of money, lots of yes people, and old AF. #bitterhag

sue 02-14-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1249044)

This is what I try to remember about her, these fabulous songs she wrote.
I don’t excuse what she’s done, because the situation now is unforgivable.
But I can’t turn away from all of her wonderful poetic songs.

What can she do to regain the love of her fans....I’m not sure she knows the distress she’s caused.
I can’t imagine her changing anything about herself now, she has too big an ego for that.

AnthonyMI 02-14-2019 07:29 PM

Her penance shall be

1. Apologize. Publically. Admit her guilt.
2. Partner with Lindsey to release Buckingham Nicks box set retrospective with the Coffee Plant demos and some Fritz
3. Do a talk show circuit publicity with LB. And while on it talk about Lindsey the same way she gushed about Tom Petty after he died.
4. Release Rock a Little and OSOTM Expanded editions
5. Submit Fleetwood Mac ALL her demos and let the band choose which to put on a final Fleetwood Mac album
6. Record a Crystal visions 2
7 do one last Fleetwood Mac Rumours tour behind the final album
8. Admit in her autobiography she feels bad about what she did.

michelej1 02-14-2019 08:11 PM

I am not sure she has actually lost fans. It just seems that way in certain online pockets. In the world at large, I don’t think she has, but isn’t it pretty to think so.

elle 02-14-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1249063)
I am not sure she has actually lost fans. It just seems that way in certain online pockets. In the world at large, I don’t think she has, but isn’t it pretty to think so.

yeah... would be nice if the word is a better place. but it's not.

what she lost in her longtime fans she gained 10x in new oblivious "she's a legendary icon" cool aid drinking ones. and probably about 60-70% if not more of the old ones are still with her and nastier than ever.

luminol 02-14-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnthonyMI (Post 1249053)
1. Apologize. Publically. Admit her guilt.
2. Partner with Lindsey to release Buckingham Nicks box set retrospective with the Coffee Plant demos and some Fritz
3. Do a talk show circuit publicity with LB. And while on it talk about Lindsey the same way she gushed about Tom Petty after he died.
4. Release Rock a Little and OSOTM Expanded editions
5. Submit Fleetwood Mac ALL her demos and let the band choose which to put on a final Fleetwood Mac album
6. Record a Crystal visions 2
7 do one last Fleetwood Mac Rumours tour behind the final album
8. Admit in her autobiography she feels bad about what she did.

I love this.

We have a better shot at peace in the Middle East. But I love this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1249063)

Exactly... Unfortunately for we folks who are so disappointed in her... she has more devotees than ever. It's just in our little bubble here (and similar pockets) that people actively dislike her and are upset about "what happened." Otherwise, she's still seen as this badass rockstar, this legendary, mystical, incredibly talented musical goddess whom people of all ages worship and emulate, transcending generations. They don't really care about what she did to LB, or in most cases, don't believe that she did anything wrong at all.

Woof.

elle 02-14-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luminol (Post 1249069)
Otherwise, she's still seen as this badass rockstar, this legendary, mystical, incredibly talented musical goddess whom people of all ages worship and emulate, transcending generations. They don't really care about what she did to LB, or in most cases, don't believe that she did anything wrong at all.

Woof.

yes. i read on twitter some young person saying - Billie Eilish is our generation's Stevie Nicks.

i'm reading that and thinking - how sad that's the general impression out there among teenagers. Billie Eilish certainly appears so much more talented, at way younger age, plus less self-centered, more aware and grounded than Nicks.

one thing that is somewhat similar maybe - like SN, BE has her image and is sticking to it. but hers is not based on sex appeal.

cbBen 02-14-2019 08:48 PM

Tour the Buckingham Nicks album and donate her share of the dough to the charity of Lindsey's choice.

BombaySapphire3 02-14-2019 09:08 PM

Put a spell and hex on the orange one in which case all will be forgiven and she will become a national heroine.

lovethemac1 02-14-2019 10:30 PM

I love all of these ideas!!!

Jondalar 02-15-2019 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luminol (Post 1249069)
I love this.

We have a better shot at peace in the Middle East. But I love this.

Exactly... Unfortunately for we folks who are so disappointed in her... she has more devotees than ever. It's just in our little bubble here (and similar pockets) that people actively dislike her and are upset about "what happened." Otherwise, she's still seen as this badass rockstar, this legendary, mystical, incredibly talented musical goddess whom people of all ages worship and emulate, transcending generations. They don't really care about what she did to LB, or in most cases, don't believe that she did anything wrong at all.

Woof.

That can change. You assume that people stay blind. With long Times fans becoming more vocal and speaking out against her on twitter, new fans become aware of her faults. The more they research her, the less likely they may be to embrace her.

AncientQueen 02-15-2019 04:47 AM

Why would she even care? The fans still love her. The FM tour sells well, reviewers still love her, too.
Maybe she angered a few people, but for the overwhelming majority, she remains the face and the voice of FM.

The anti-Stevie thing that happens on this board has nothing to do with reality. I mean, how many people are still posting here? 6 or 8? Everyone else has moved on, while here, posters are still writing the - frankly - lousy round-robin fanfiction of Lindseys innocence and Stevies cruelness.

Macfan4life 02-15-2019 06:34 AM

I disagree with the premise Stevie has lost fans. Her fans are flocking to the Mac shows and selling the concerts out. She could do a solo tour after this Mac tour and bring in the same numbers as the Mac.

button-lip 02-15-2019 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1249089)
I disagree with the premise Stevie has lost fans. Her fans are flocking to the Mac shows and selling the concerts out. She could do a solo tour after this Mac tour and bring in the same numbers as the Mac.

They're not selling out concerts. They added a second MSG six months after tours dates were announced. They have only 4 dates in Europe and they did extremely well in AUS/NZ because of Neil Finn, not because of her.
This tour will only last less than a year when it usually lasts two.

And she could only do the same numbers as the Mac if she brings The Pretenders or any other band with her. She couldn't fill an arena alone. Not everybody go to their concerts because of her.

singertobe 02-15-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1249070)
yes. i read on twitter some young person saying - Billie Eilish is our generation's Stevie Nicks.

i'm reading that and thinking - how sad that's the general impression out there among teenagers. Billie Eilish certainly appears so much more talented, at way younger age, plus less self-centered, more aware and grounded than Nicks.

one thing that is somewhat similar maybe - like SN, BE has her image and is sticking to it. but hers is not based on sex appeal.

When Taylor Swift first came out I thought she was the new Stevie Nicks. She still reminds me of her in a lot of ways, but her first 3 albums were SO Stevie.

lovethemac1 02-15-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1249088)
Why would she even care? The fans still love her. The FM tour sells well, reviewers still love her, too.
Maybe she angered a few people, but for the overwhelming majority, she remains the face and the voice of FM.

The anti-Stevie thing that happens on this board has nothing to do with reality. I mean, how many people are still posting here? 6 or 8? Everyone else has moved on, while here, posters are still writing the - frankly - lousy round-robin fanfiction of Lindseys innocence and Stevies cruelness.

They are coming to my city in April, tickets have been on sale since beg of Dec.

75% unsold tickets on the floor,
60% unsold tickets elsewhere.

Last time they were here, sold out ENTIRE facility in less than 4 hours.

cbBen 02-15-2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovethemac1 (Post 1249104)
They are coming to my city in April, tickets have been on sale since beg of Dec.

75% unsold tickets on the floor,
60% unsold tickets elsewhere.

Last time they were here, sold out ENTIRE facility in less than 4 hours.

Music to my ears.

dreamsunwind 02-15-2019 04:43 PM

The only fans she's lost are some of the more devoted FM fans. Her solo fans are hardcore and the rest are casual fans who don't care. Besides, Stevie lives in a bubble.

Storms123 02-15-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1249098)
When Taylor Swift first came out I thought she was the new Stevie Nicks. She still reminds me of her in a lot of ways, but her first 3 albums were SO Stevie.

Because she was writing songs about all of her ex boyfriends?

dreamsunwind 02-15-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1249070)

I've never heard of Billie Eilish in my life lol so I wouldn't say that. But based off a quick Google search, she's 17 first of all. Also lol at the idea of downplaying Stevie's talent. Stevie's batty but she doesn't lack talent. You don't need to be a professional musician to be talented. She wrote songs like nobody's business.

dreamsunwind 02-15-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singertobe (Post 1249098)

Taylor Swift is like if Stevie and Shania Twain had a kid in the form of a 21st century pop star. But she became popular in the way she did because she didn't emulate others too much, just did her own thing and it became huge. Anyone who tries too hard to be a 'new' Stevie or new anyone for that matter will never reach that level of success because it comes across as unoriginal.

Macfan4life 02-15-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1249092)
They're not selling out concerts. They added a second MSG six months after tours dates were announced. They have only 4 dates in Europe and they did extremely well in AUS/NZ because of Neil Finn, not because of her.
This tour will only last less than a year when it usually lasts two.

And she could only do the same numbers as the Mac if she brings The Pretenders or any other band with her. She couldn't fill an arena alone. Not everybody go to their concerts because of her.

The tour is currently grossing well over a million dollars every night and ranked #13 for most grossing tour. That is wildly successful. Even more successful that I anticipated. During Stevie's last solo tour, she was grossing about the same. You are fooling yourself. The Pretenders play in small clubs and theaters and they cant fill them. 96% of the arenas are there for Stevie. Don't take my word for it, take Chrissie Hynde's word for it. She said it and toured with Stevie.
I know many don't like Stevie but you cant deny her star power to fill arenas. That is the power she has in Fleetwood Mac and she knows it. Only someone like her could put down such an ultimatum and the rest of the band kick out their guitarist and vocalist.

I have been seeing Mac shows since the 80's and Stevie is the draw. This forum is not the standard for the casual concert fans. I waited in line for Tango tickets in the early morning in 1987 only to hear the people in line say no one wants to see Christine or cares about her. In 1984 Christine had a hit solo album with mega mac hits under her belt and drew about 200 people to a small theater. Buck/McVie played small theaters and could not fill most of them. Just because you don't like the fact does not mean its true. People can post all kinds of phony numbers but the money made off this tour is HUGE. Expect to see it extended.
If Stevie was not on this tour and Lindsey was, the group would be grossing far less. This is the only reason the band picked Stevie over Lindsey.

luminol 02-15-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1249128)
The tour is currently grossing well over a million dollars every night and ranked #13 for most grossing tour. That is wildly successful. Even more successful that I anticipated. During Stevie's last solo tour, she was grossing about the same. You are fooling yourself. The Pretenders play in small clubs and theaters and they cant fill them. 96% of the arenas are there for Stevie. Don't take my word for it, take Chrissie Hynde's word for it. She said it and toured with Stevie.
I know many don't like Stevie but you cant deny her star power to fill arenas. That is the power she has in Fleetwood Mac and she knows it. Only someone like her could put down such an ultimatum and the rest of the band kick out their guitarist and vocalist.

I have been seeing Mac shows since the 80's and Stevie is the draw. This forum is not the standard for the casual concert fans. I waited in line for Tango tickets in the early morning in 1987 only to hear the people in line say no one wants to see Christine or cares about her. In 1984 Christine had a hit solo album with mega mac hits under her belt and drew about 200 people to a small theater. Buck/McVie played small theaters and could not fill most of them. Just because you don't like the fact does not mean its true. People can post all kinds of phony numbers but the money made off this tour is HUGE. Expect to see it extended.
If Stevie was not on this tour and Lindsey was, the group would be grossing far less. This is the only reason the band picked Stevie over Lindsey.

Ditto to all of this. Not to say I like it... but I agree.

To so many people (most of the people buying tickets to this tour), Fleetwood Mac = Stevie Nicks. No other factor matters to them. Not fair, but true.

button-lip 02-15-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

You clearly didn't read my post because all you had in mind was: Stevie, Stevie, Stevie!

What I said was:

1. They're not selling out concerts. People have been upgraded since the first tour date.
2. They needed six months to add a second MSG. Which means fans are not THAT interested in seeing them. Just the casual audience.
3. Tour in Europe: 4 dates. They usually do more than that
4. AUS/NZ is selling more than well, because of Neil Finn, not because of Stevie. They never had so many dates in that area. And that's not because of Stevie.

I never said the tour is not successful. That's why they voted for Stevie instead of Lindsey. I know that, I'm not that naïve.
And I don't know what you mean by phony numbers. I can say the same about your numbers, but I choose not to. 96%? Where did you get that number?
This tour won't extend. Their last stop is always AUS/NZ. Less than a year.

I'm aware of Stevie's power. We all are.

Jondalar 02-15-2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

You clearly don’t understand how vocal her ex fans can be. All they need to do is spread the word about all Stevie’s shenanigans. What comes up, must come down.

Macfan4life 02-15-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1249132)
You clearly didn't read my post because all you had in mind was: Stevie, Stevie, Stevie!

What I said was:

1. They're not selling out concerts. People have been upgraded since the first tour date.
2. They needed six months to add a second MSG. Which means fans are not THAT interested in seeing them. Just the casual audience.
3. Tour in Europe: 4 dates. They usually do more than that
4. AUS/NZ is selling more than well, because of Neil Finn, not because of Stevie. They never had so many dates in that area. And that's not because of Stevie.

I never said the tour is not successful. That's why they voted for Stevie instead of Lindsey. I know that, I'm not that naïve.
And I don't know what you mean by phony numbers. I can say the same about your numbers, but I choose not to. 96%? Where did you get that number?
This tour won't extend. Their last stop is always AUS/NZ. Less than a year.

I'm aware of Stevie's power. We all are.

And you clearly did not read my post. You allege the tour is not successful in your constant statements. Its all rubbish. Then you try to walk back your words over and over. If an artist sells out MSG for 2 shows, does it really matter if it took 6 months? IMHO not really. Is this the hottest tour of all time? Of course not. But you want to wiggle out of your baseless allegations somehow the tour is not successful with lame statements. Yes, your exact words are not the tour is not successful. However, you make many statements with the allegation that claims the tour is not successful. Also false that Stevie cant fill an arena. I was a disbeliever too and went on the record here when the 24K Gold tour started. However, the tour was her most successful with being extended 3 times. Maybe you have had too much Argentine Malbec ;)

button-lip 02-15-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1249134)
And you clearly did not read my post. You allege the tour is not successful in your constant statements. Its all rubbish. Then you try to walk back your words over and over. If an artist sells out MSG for 2 shows, does it really matter if it took 6 months? IMHO not really. Is this the hottest tour of all time? Of course not. But you want to wiggle out of your baseless allegations somehow the tour is not successful with lame statements. Yes, your exact words are not the tour is not successful. However, you make many statements with the allegation that claims the tour is not successful. Also false that Stevie cant fill an arena. I was a disbeliever too and went on the record here when the 24K Gold tour started. However, the tour was her most successful with being extended 3 times. Maybe you have had too much Argentine Malbec ;)

Then, if your opinion is "humble", don't dismiss what I say as "rubbish".

At least you understood I never said the tour is not successful. Of course it is. That's why they chose Stevie. Did I say that already, right?

Don't worry, your beloved tour is successful. If that makes you happy, then it's successful. And that 96% of Stevie's fans (including you) will make her very happy when you all fill many, many arenas on her next tour. Alone.

I don't follow Stevie's statistics. I'm not her fan.

I'm gonna ignore the last comment since I don't see the connection between what I drink and where I am from with what I think about this tour. :confused::confused:

elle 02-15-2019 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1249124)
I've never heard of Billie Eilish in my life lol so I wouldn't say that. But based off a quick Google search, she's 17 first of all. Also lol at the idea of downplaying Stevie's talent. Stevie's batty but she doesn't lack talent. You don't need to be a professional musician to be talented. She wrote songs like nobody's business.

exactly! more accurately, just turned 17 and had her first hits and a huge buzz at 16.

what exactly was Stevie Nicks doing at 16? not even joining Lindsey yet to sign at HS event? so why call Billie hugely talented, way more than Stevie, laughable?

Stevie who was a commercial star of her era, was not exactly "cool" at the time - the way she became to be viewed now. Billie started as and is already "cool" now with teenagers. she's not your built up commercial pop star of the day. of course question is what will be next for her, after becoming so huge while still so young.

dreamsunwind 02-15-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1249142)
exactly! more accurately, just turned 17 and had her first hits and a huge buzz at 16.

what exactly was Stevie Nicks doing at 16? not even joining Lindsey yet to sign at HS event? so why call Billie hugely talented, way more than Stevie, laughable?

Stevie who was a commercial star of her era, was not exactly "cool" at the time - the way she became to be viewed now. Billie started as and is already "cool" now with teenagers. she's not your built up commercial pop star of the day. of course question is what will be next for her, after becoming so huge while still so young.

Stevie was in high school at 16, like most people lol. Doesn’t make her any less talented than anyone because she was in school at the age she should’ve been in school. Britney Spears who never wrote a single one of her famous songs and whose voice was autotuned to the heavens was hugely famous at 16. Does that make her more talented than Stevie?
I’m in my early 20s myself and I’ve never heard of this Billie person by name so I guarantee you she’s not huge lmao. She’s another one of those indie/alternative white girl singers that everyone thinks are “cool” but the issue is that there’s about 500 of them and they’re all practically interchangeable and so very few of them turn into a big thing. Stevie was popular because in addition to her talent, she was something unique. Her lyrics, her style in music, her whole aesthetic and the way she presented herself was something that stood out to people because it was different.
You can hate Stevie all you want and think she’s some evil devil who conspired to ruin Lindsey’s life, I’m not even crazy about her as a person anymore myself. But literally you can’t deny her talent and uniqueness and how she made herself into a success. It’s even more impressive considering that at the time, she wasn’t taken seriously. She got all the same, sexist criticism that any pretty girly female who dares to be feminine in music today gets (see: Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande etc) but became an icon anyways.

elle 02-15-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1249144)
I’m in my early 20s myself and I’ve never heard of this Billie person by name so I guarantee you she’s not huge lmao.

hm. interesting that you haven't. i'm not sure what you listen to. any alt music station, even mainstream radio plays her tons these days.

just googled her and first hit that came up is Grohl talking about seeing her at Wiltern recently - apparently he disagrees with your point that "the issue is that there’s about 500 of them and they’re all practically interchangeable" lol. i'm not gonna take yours vs Grohl's side except to say that teenagers i know are reacting the same as his daughters.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-...irvana-2447502

i never said Nicks was not talented. and she definitely found and made her unique style / persona and is great in marketing herself. she had a combo that worked out, especially having a band to fall back on when she was down. and then few years ago, she and her pr people found a great avenue to rebrand and resell her as an icon through AHS. it's definitely been extremely smart marketing.

dreamsunwind 02-16-2019 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1249146)
hm. interesting that you haven't. i'm not sure what you listen to. any alt music station, even mainstream radio plays her tons these days.

just googled her and first hit that came up is Grohl talking about seeing her at Wiltern recently - apparently he disagrees with your point that "the issue is that there’s about 500 of them and they’re all practically interchangeable" lol. i'm not gonna take yours vs Grohl's side except to say that teenagers i know are reacting the same as his daughters.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-...irvana-2447502

i never said Nicks was not talented. and she definitely found and made her unique style / persona and is great in marketing herself. she had a combo that worked out, especially having a band to fall back on when she was down. and then few years ago, she and her pr people found a great avenue to rebrand and resell her as an icon through AHS. it's definitely been extremely smart marketing.

I don't listen to the radio honestly I don't think people really do these days, everyone just streams. The most popular music is usually all over the streaming platforms anyways and then you can also just listen to whatever you want. And well whatever Dave Grohl and his daughters think isn't really the point lol, my point is that a random indie/alternative girl who clearly isn't big enough for a whole bunch of people to even know by name is sort of a random comparison to make with Stevie Nicks, pop-rock fairy princess witch extraordinare lol. And Stevie basically became an icon after The Dance, AHS got her a bunch of new teenage girl fans but she was already an icon.
And I guarantee you, there is no shortage of those weird indie/alternative hipster pop girls. Take for example the (imo) best one and most successful, Lorde. Or Maggie Rogers. Or King Princess. Or Banks. Or Grimes. There's so many that do that ~weird pop thing it's starting to get repetitive and lose the whole weirdness of it.

elle 02-16-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1249149)
there is no shortage of those weird indie/alternative hipster pop girls. Take for example the (imo) best one and most successful, Lorde.

i'm really not sure why are you insisting on putting these girls down. :shrug:

Jondalar 02-16-2019 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1249150)

Kacey Musgraves album Golden Hour just won the Grammy for best album of the year and she is a country artist and she said one if the influences for Golden Hour was Fleetwood Mac.

sasja 02-16-2019 01:39 PM

In response to the title :

To me, nothing. She's shown her true colours now, and if that's who she is-- I have always tried my best to avoid such people in my life. Respect lost over sad social choices is near impossible to earn back.

But it was the last straw really, I'd lost some gradually over the past 20 years already, so, I am not the best measure here perhaps.
Also, there are so many wonderful people in the world AS well as wonderful artists, leisure and music life's chock-full plenty without her.:thumbsup:

Mr Scarrott 02-16-2019 02:02 PM

I have to feel now that a final reconfiguration of the Rumours 5 is now next-to-impossible, and without a final album from that line-up it might not be something that I would want to even see.

I've never actually been much of a fan of her solo output, but as a crucial part of the Mac and due to her stage presence, I've admired her greatly for that

However, I can re-appraise my current view of her as a person if she does actually participate in an album from Fleetwood Mac XIV before nature takes its course. If Lindsey was impossible to work with in the studio and really did ruin the crystal visions of her songs then now is the chance to have a bit more responsibility with a talented group of people to produce a last piece of work under the FM name. Just don't produce something like "Freedom" again, the last time Mike co-wrote an FM track.

Neil and Chris could work well together in the studio. Let that happen, Stevie, pop in some old demos to Mr Finn, Campbell's guitar licks will add the requisite mood of mystery, and Mick and John will be chugging away in the background.

It's not the way I would want this band to end but after all the sackings, disappearances, arguments and general weirdness perhaps it would be apt.

dreamsunwind 02-16-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1249150)

Lol I’m not putting anyone down. I don’t even care. And I loveeee Lorde. The thing with all those girls is that they’re like the female version of the white Ed Sheeran guitar guy (see Shawn Mendes, James Bay, Harry wannabe Jagger Styles). So many of them now it’s unoriginal and loses all its interest. Like ok here’s another one, add to the ever growing list. And again, not sure how that forms a remote comparison to Stevie of all people lol.