The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LB on FM Firing: 'They'd Lost Their Perspective' (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57907)

jwd 05-13-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1227818)
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Life isn’t that black and white.

Okay. I can't make my point any clearer. If you can't, or won't see it, then so be it. Sometimes it IS that black and white.

BombaySapphire3 05-13-2018 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1227820)
http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2018...as-pushed.html

Lindsey Buckingham Says He Was Pushed Out of Fleetwood Mac But Thinks of It As a "Leave"

Buckingham’s “taken leave” comment suggests that at some time in the future he will be back. However age is not on his side for that. Mick Fleetwood is now 70, John McVie is 72, Christine McVie is 74 and Stevie Nicks is 69.

Unless Stevie fails to live up to her prediction that she will live into the triple digits and suddenly croaks( and no I'm not referring to her current vocal range) then I think Lindsey will never be invited back into Fleetwood Mac.

Dr.Brown 05-13-2018 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1227821)
Okay. I can't make my point any clearer. If you can't, or won't see it, then so be it. Sometimes it IS that black and white.

jwd 05-13-2018 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Brown (Post 1227828)

Yes, you either do or you don't! Love OOTC! Was listening to it this past week. How, or why that album didn't get more recognition is beyond me. I think it's a masterpiece!

dreamsunwind 05-13-2018 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1227825)
Unless Stevie fails to live up to her prediction that she will live into the triple digits and suddenly croaks( and no I'm not referring to her current vocal range) then I think Lindsey will never be invited back into Fleetwood Mac.

Well when he first left after Tango (and this was much closer to the worst times in their history) she was jumping with joy then flash forward a couple of years and she's crying that their relationship is dead and that he no longer speaks to her. So honestly anything is possible, especially with someone like Stevie who changes her mind a lot and is naturally dramatic (I also believe she's not been in a normal headspace since TP died). But it's true that their age isn't helping.

Jondalar 05-13-2018 01:00 AM

I just feel sorry for Lindsey. Creativity is like a river. You have to let it flow to grow. Some band members just didn’t care about the artistry anymore. They stopped the flow. They fell into formula. Lindsey needs to find another group of people who actually care about creativity. This group is really done and has been since the 1980s.

secondhandchain 05-13-2018 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1227836)
I just feel sorry for Lindsey. Creativity is like a river. You have to let it flow to grow. Some band members just didn’t care about the artistry anymore. They stopped the flow. They fell into formula. Lindsey needs to find another group of people who actually care about creativity. This group is really done and has been since the 1980s.

On this we agree 100 percent. LB wanted FM to be creative. You know who just wanted to tour and get adulation and cash. I think if LB wasn't so great to be around the last year or so, THAT was the reason why. He does NOT want to be just an oldies act.

HomerMcvie 05-13-2018 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1227805)
That's called playing both sides of the fence in my world. If she sees it the way a lot of fans, at least on this forum see it, she would have done something to stop it.....or jumped ship. Otherwise she's agreeing with the bands' decision.

I agree completely. She's THE ONE who could have stopped this sh*t show from happening. I've never been more disappointed in any human being. My lifelong favorite is no longer that.

Where's the bitch that doesn't take any sh*t, that slaps you and chucks a glass of wine in your face, and tells you that you're wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt? What happened to her? Oh yeah, she's old now...but still....she COULD have stopped it.

It'll be too late for another Buck Vie, by the time this crap tour is done. :(

jwd 05-13-2018 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1227840)
I agree completely. She's THE ONE who could have stopped this sh*t show from happening. I've never been more disappointed in any human being. My lifelong favorite is no longer that.

Where's the bitch that doesn't take any sh*t, that slaps you and chucks a glass of wine in your face, and tells you that you're wearing a stupid, f*cking shirt? What happened to her? Oh yeah, she's old now...but still....she COULD have stopped it.

It'll be too late for another Buck Vie, by the time this crap tour is done. :(

I hope you're wrong. If there's one reconciliation Lindsey makes, I hope it's with Chris. They are so good together.

jwd 05-13-2018 02:15 AM

From Lindsey's perspective, I think this sums it up.

HomerMcvie 05-13-2018 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwd (Post 1227843)
I hope you're wrong. If there's one reconciliation Lindsey makes, I hope it's with Chris. They are so good together.

I know. Me, too. But I'm so mad at her for not saving the day. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel. She dropped the damned ball!:mad::(

Macfan4life 05-13-2018 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1227846)
I know. Me, too. But I'm so mad at her for not saving the day. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe how I feel. She dropped the damned ball!:mad::(

Disappointment would become our middle name

bwboy 05-13-2018 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1227835)
Well when he first left after Tango (and this was much closer to the worst times in their history) she was jumping with joy then flash forward a couple of years and she's crying that their relationship is dead and that he no longer speaks to her. So honestly anything is possible, especially with someone like Stevie who changes her mind a lot and is naturally dramatic (I also believe she's not been in a normal headspace since TP died). But it's true that their age isn't helping.

I thought Stevie was upset when Lindsey left the band- wasn't his leaving what led to their physical altercation? If he was leaving and she was happy about it, then why did she try to talk him out of it?

I could be wrong, but that was always my impression.

bwboy 05-13-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1227807)
Yeah unless they were bringing back Peter Green himself Fleetwood Mac should have disbanded at the moment that they decided to fire one of the five.To carry on now as is is an unfunny joke.

As someone said in a different thread, following this logic, FM should have broken up when Bob Welch left the band... and if that had happened, we wouldn't be having this discussion because Lindsey and Stevie wouldn't have had the opportunity to join. And you even say yourself, "unless they were bringing back Peter Green himself," which implies you would have accepted his return to replace Lindsey.

Before, I would have agreed with you about their legacy possibly being tarnished. However, a FM tour consisting of Mick, John, Dave Mason, Billy Burnette, and Bekka Bramlett is much different than a FM lineup consisting of Mick, John, Christine, Stevie, Mike Campbell, and Neil Finn. Especially with Mike Campbell, right there with Christine and Stevie.

Is it unfortunate? YES! But this lineup tarnishing their legacy? Don't see it.

Storms123 05-13-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1227835)

I agree with this--if anyone doubts or was on the fence about that....I offer up her Musicares speech. That said, and I don't mean to sound morbid, but I would hate to think of her "headspace" if g-d forbid, something happened to Lindsey before she can patch things up with him.