The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lindsey Buckingham's complaint against FM - Filed 10/9/18 in Los Angeles - document (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=58199)

ali101 10-11-2018 07:37 PM

Lindsey Buckingham's complaint against FM - Filed 10/9/18 in Los Angeles - document
 
Lindsey Buckingham's complaint against Fleetwood Mac - Filed 10/9/18 in Los Angeles Superior Court

https://www.scribd.com/document/3906...-Mac-Complaint

The whole document is there including the email sent from LB to MF, finishing with the words ďI love you all no matter what. Lindsey ď

It mentions that he received only two cryptic written responses but strangely enough these are not included as exhibits. Iím Assuming that they think that gives them chance to make a settlement without further detailed mess. But itís already a sorry affair.

Jondalar 10-11-2018 07:39 PM

About time he sues. All he ever gets is misery.

BombaySapphire3 10-11-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jondalar (Post 1240083)
About time he sues. All he ever gets is misery.

History is filled with tales of good people suffering while the wicked prosper.

DownOnRodeo 10-11-2018 07:48 PM

"in addition to his role as the musical director of the band's live performances"

This is fascinating reading. Thanks for posting.

KenshiMaster16 10-11-2018 07:54 PM

I want to know who wanted to ditch John after the cancer scare. What a horrible suggestion.

dreamsunwind 10-11-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1240093)
I want to know who wanted to ditch John after the cancer scare. What a horrible suggestion.

So do I. What an awful thing to even think about.

jwd 10-11-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali101 (Post 1240082)
Lindsey Buckingham's complaint against Fleetwood Mac - Filed 10/9/18 in Los Angeles Superior Court

https://www.scribd.com/document/3906...-Mac-Complaint

The whole document is there including the email sent from LB to MF, finishing with the words ďI love you all no matter what. Lindsey ď

It mentions that he received only two cryptic written responses but strangely enough these are not included as exhibits. Iím Assuming that they think that gives them chance to make a settlement without further detailed mess. But itís already a sorry affair.


Classy. Makes me want to cry.

DownOnRodeo 10-11-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

At one point during the On With The Show tour, one of the Partners in Fleetwood Mac was diagnosed with a serious illness. When another Partner proposed replacing the unwell Partner and continuing the tour, Buckingham insisted that the Band postpone the remaining dates until the other Partner could perform with the Band. This was consistent with Buckingham's history of taking care of the other Partners in Fleetwood Mac during their times of need and standing up for the legacy of Fleetwood Mac.
Well, that's clearly Mick. :rolleyes:

dreamsunwind 10-11-2018 08:00 PM

"On December 11th 2017, the partners held a meeting in Los Angeles to discuss the upcoming Fleetwood Mac tour. Several of the Partners wanted to begin rehearsals for the tour in June of 2018 and begin the tour in August of 2018. Buckingham had previously explained to the other partners that he was planning on releasing a solo album in April 2018 and planned to embark on a brief solo tour to promote his album. Buckingham again requested that the Band begin rehearsals for the tour in September and commence the tour in early November of 2018. The other Partners refused to make any compromises to their preferred timeline for the tour and by December 15, 2017, Buckingham had agreed to the Fleetwood Mac tour schedule insisted upon by the other Partners."

Read it and weep.

Storms123 10-11-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamsunwind (Post 1240094)
So do I. What an awful thing to even think about.

I'll take a crack at it----Christine wasn't back yet, I doubt it was Stevie.....so my guess it was his best mate and founding partner...."John,you must understand, I have alimony, child support and another bankruptcy looming....."

button-lip 10-11-2018 08:10 PM

When I thought I couldn't be more upset. John's cancer.... and Buckingham McVie was supposed to be FM.

This is much, much worse than we all suspected. :distress::distress:

secondhandchain 10-11-2018 08:15 PM

The Stevie defenders can try and try to defend her, but there is NO defending her or Mick. They are scum.

ali101 10-11-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by button-lip (Post 1240113)
When I thought I couldn't be more upset. John's cancer.... and Buckingham McVie was supposed to be FM.

This is much, much worse than we all suspected. :distress::distress:

Weíve only heard 50% of it yet and there will be a heck of a lot more if itís disputed.

If it was Mick with the idea of replacing John, did the rest know or was it just discussed with Lindsey and its included within this document to make sure that the remaining band members now know and to cause undoubted friction and issues of trust? Or whoever it was for that matter.

aleuzzi 10-11-2018 08:24 PM

Itís a gripping read. Only John wrote back...

jmn3 10-11-2018 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1240123)
The Stevie defenders can try and try to defend her, but there is NO defending her or Mick. They are scum.

Oh but they will continue to defend her. Some of the ridiculous things that they've brought up from the past or even suggested happened at MusicCares (seriously, the implication that Lindsey, what, punched Karen or something?). Or my favorite, the poster who continues to go after Kristen Buckingham, quoting the Kanye gold digger song regarding her earlier? Jesus....it's like they too are bitter that he had kids and got married.

button-lip 10-11-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali101 (Post 1240128)
Weíve only heard 50% of it yet and there will be a heck of a lot more if itís disputed.

If it was Mick with the idea of replacing John, did the rest know or was it just discussed with Lindsey and its included within this document to make sure that the remaining band members now know and to cause undoubted friction and issues of trust? Or whoever it was for that matter.

That was my idea too. I wonder if John knows. This could be a tactic to bring John to Lindsey's side. And Christine, for that matter, who has clearly been fighting with that idea for a long time, if what Lindsey's telling about her fragile state is true.

It's gonna be an interesting show tomorrow night.... :distress::distress:

Frankenstein 10-11-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1240093)
I want to know who wanted to ditch John after the cancer scare. What a horrible suggestion.

My guess would also be Mick but it doesnít matter who.. it just shows what these people are truly like.

SteveMacD 10-11-2018 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1240129)
Itís a gripping read. Only John wrote back...

So, basically, the radio silence is coming from management and legal, probably in anticipation of the lawsuit.

Buster 10-11-2018 08:59 PM

At least this sad, ugly ordeal will bring out everything that happened- if there is more to the story. If there was something that Lindsey did other than have some disagreements over the tour that got resolved and smirking, it will come out. My guess is that he didnít do anything horrible because he wouldnít have sued if he did.

Storms123 10-11-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1240147)
So, basically, the radio silence is coming from management and legal, probably in anticipation of the lawsuit.

Exactly--I don't think anyone is surprised there's a lawsuit. I am surprised it took so long to file.

SteveMacD 10-11-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster (Post 1240150)
At least this sad, ugly ordeal will bring out everything that happened- if there is more to the story. If there was something that Lindsey did other than have some disagreements over the tour that got resolved and smirking, it will come out. My guess is that he didnít do anything horrible because he wouldnít have sued if he did.

I think itís related to the Classic shows, and I think itís a management decision. Nothing about what Stevie supposedly said would be a fireable offense, however, I think management used that to justify his firing. Honestly, if he didnít sign a contract for the tour, his oral agreement probably wonít hold up.

StreetAngel86 10-11-2018 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali101 (Post 1240082)
Lindsey Buckingham's complaint against Fleetwood Mac - Filed 10/9/18 in Los Angeles Superior Court

https://www.scribd.com/document/3906...-Mac-Complaint

The whole document is there including the email sent from LB to MF, finishing with the words “I love you all no matter what. Lindsey “

It mentions that he received only two cryptic written responses but strangely enough these are not included as exhibits. I’m Assuming that they think that gives them chance to make a settlement without further detailed mess. But it’s already a sorry affair.

this drahmah is better than Days of Our Lives ...

ETA: what's this Stevie only wanted 3 shows a week nonsense? if Lindsey wanted to concurrently tour solo ... there would have been FOUR days a week for him to do that.
seems like that would have been a reasonable suggestion. if they were doing FIVE shows a week ...well that would be different. i thought this could be Stevie being generous BUT it seems more like she wanted to prolong the tour for sooooooooooo looooooong so lindsey COULDNT tour solo faster? WTH

secondhandchain 10-11-2018 09:38 PM

Can you imagine what Stevie's RARHOF speech is going to be after this? Will she even mention LB? She's done screwed everything up.

bombaysaffires 10-11-2018 09:42 PM

it's interesting that per the document no one in Stevie's management had mentioned to her that LB was asking to do solo shows in between Mac shows.

Makes you wonder if she finally got told right before the Musicares event and was already pissed at him when she found out., adding to her displeasure. :shrug:

jmn3 10-11-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1240178)
Can you imagine what Stevie's RARHOF speech is going to be after this? Will she even mention LB? She's done screwed everything up.

Not at all. "In 1981 I released my first solo album...Tom Petty...and Tom Petty....and Tom....and Mike...and Tom Petty...and Don Henley...and Tom....and Sheryl Crow....and then Tom died..."

She's going to ride the Petty train for as long as she can.

StreetAngel86 10-11-2018 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1240178)
Can you imagine what Stevie's RARHOF speech is going to be after this? Will she even mention LB? She's done screwed everything up.

i am SO happy
i am twirling in my living room EVERY night
i couldn't have done it without my belief in myself
i am so happy to be here. with no help from anybody.

Angel75 10-11-2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 (Post 1240093)
I want to know who wanted to ditch John after the cancer scare. What a horrible suggestion.

Mick

I mean c'mon...who wouldnt kick their best mate out of the band & to the curb and try and replace him with another bass player, all the while when he is critically ill with cancer.......seems normal to me
:eek::shocked::confused:

gldstwmn 10-11-2018 10:30 PM

I can't wait to see Fleetwood Mac's response.

secondhandchain 10-11-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 1240196)
I can't wait to see Fleetwood Mac's response.

On that we both agree.

Aisling 10-11-2018 10:46 PM

I've been keeping up with the twists and turns via the Ledge, but haven't commented since the initial ousting because frankly this whole saga is EXHAUSTING and my life is tiring enough. But this, I could not let pass without throwing my thoughts into the ring.

Given what we know about Christine's life prior to rejoining the band-- the seclusion, the depression, the phobias, the drinking-- I've no doubt she's in a fragile state over all of this, as Lindsey's email alludes to. But it is past time for her to put her big girl pants on and have some serious, long chats with her therapist over why it is she feels fragile. Guilt, perhaps?

I don't for a second think she cares about what Stevie wants. I think the only person she cares about in this equation is Mick, and that's because she erroneously believes Mick would do anything for her, so she's prepared to do anything for him. If it's true that he was the one who wanted to replace John, I hope that is enough of a wake up call for her to stop letting him lead her down the garden path. Because the truth is that he would push Chris in front of a moving bus for a twenty dollar bill. Probably for even less than that.

I really thought this whole sh*tshow could not make me any more disgusted than I was last spring. I should never have doubted Fleetwood Mac's ability to astound and amaze, because I am 100% more nauseous now.

DownOnRodeo 10-11-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 1240198)
Because the truth is that [Mick] would push Chris in front of a moving bus for a twenty dollar bill. Probably for even less than that.

:laugh: :laugh:

Nicks Fan 10-11-2018 10:51 PM

Mick's loyalty is about as deep as a birdbath.

HomerMcvie 10-11-2018 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 1240198)
I think the only person she cares about in this equation is Mick, and that's because she erroneously believes Mick would do anything for her, so she's prepared to do anything for him. If it's true that he was the one who wanted to replace John, I hope that is enough of a wake up call for her to stop letting him lead her down the garden path. Because the truth is that he would push Chris in front of a moving bus for a twenty dollar bill. Probably for even less than that.

Mick is a f*cking scumbag. Truth be told, he's worse than $tevie. He'd desecrate Biddy's grave for a nickel!

Aussie W/Heart 10-11-2018 11:06 PM

We dont know for certain what was said behind the scene's regarding John's cancer at that time.

Just maybe, John initiated for the tour to still go ahead without him, wanting the band to find a suitable replacement Bass player, instead of cancelling. So the band considered this option, Lindsey put his foot down said replacing John would be wrong on all levels.. :shrug:

StevieandChris 10-11-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1240197)
On that we both agree.

Yes, me too. As someone posted, we have 1/2 of the story right now; Lindseyís interpretation of what happened. Weíll see what the other four have to say, or 6 if the newbies chime in.

Aisling 10-11-2018 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1240202)
Truth be told, he's worse than $tevie.

Honestly, I've felt the same way for some time now. At least in Stevie's case, her actions are a consequence of deeply (wrongly and immaturely) held convictions regarding Lindsey. With Mick, there are no such complex reasons. He probably wakes up every day and has to check his bank balance before he can decide on how he'll feel.

One other thing I'll add is that I'm sure no one is shocked LBCM was originally intended as an FM album, as has been speculated from the start. But seeing it spelled out at last definitely makes me feel like the project was on Stevie's shortlist of provocations. If it had truly been something Lindsey and Chris cooked up on their own, sure, I could see Stevie being a bit jealous. But that it was an FM album she said no to, only to have them solider on without her, takes all the power out of her hands. I think she realized going forward she might have problems with the two of them banding together on future Mac related issues. Alone, she knows that Christine is not a threat in her "fragile" state. But the possibility of Lindsey having Chris's ear probably pushed her over the edge. She's never going to concede an inch to that man, and her whole life right now seems dedicated to letting him know that.

HomerMcvie 10-11-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling (Post 1240211)
Honestly, I've felt the same way for some time now. At least in Stevie's case, her actions are a consequence of deeply (wrongly and immaturely) held convictions regarding Lindsey. With Mick, there are no such complex reasons. He probably wakes up every day and has to check his bank balance before he can decide on how he'll feel.

One other thing I'll add is that I'm sure no one is shocked LBCM was originally intended as an FM album, as has been speculated from the start. But seeing it spelled out at last definitely makes me feel like the project was on Stevie's shortlist of provocations. If it had truly been something Lindsey and Chris cooked up on their own, sure, I could see Stevie being a bit jealous. But that it was an FM album she said no to, only to have them solider on without her, takes all the power out of her hands. I think she realized going forward she might have problems with the two of them banding together on future Mac related issues. Alone, she knows that Christine is not a threat in her "fragile" state. But the possibility of Lindsey having Chris's ear probably pushed her over the edge. She's never going to concede an inch to that man, and her whole life right now seems dedicated to letting him know that.

I've said it before, but, she may have won the game of Fleetwood Mac, but he won the game of life(at least in comparison to her miserable life).

And $he HATES it. Bitter hag.

secondhandchain 10-11-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1240214)
I've said it before, but, she may have won the game of Fleetwood Mac, but he won the game of life(at least in comparison to her miserable life).

And $he HATES it. Bitter hag.

SO SPOT ON! He has a gorgeous wife and absolutely beautiful children. I mean they are stunning looking .....and the old hag who stays up taking selfies can't STAND IT. Who does that? Stays up taking pics of themselves with full lighting. I mean? What a loon!

HomerMcvie 10-11-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandchain (Post 1240222)
SO SPOT ON! He has a gorgeous wife and absolutely beautiful children. I mean they are stunning looking .....and the old hag who stays up taking selfies can't STAND IT. Who does that? Stays up taking pics of themselves with full lighting. I mean? What a loon!

But her PAID ass kissers tell her how wonderful $he is.

secondhandchain 10-12-2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1240224)
But her PAID ass kissers tell her how wonderful $he is.

The girl in the chiffon bubble.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved