The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stevie, Lindsey or Christine? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49833)

elle 03-08-2012 07:46 PM

Stevie, Lindsey or Christine?

who is your favorite Rumours-era singer/songwriter?

i may be wrong, but i have a feeling that most people on these boards have a clear preference for one or the other singer/songwriter, so this will be a very easy decision.

for people who are purely FM fans and love them all together and equally, or 2 of them equally (BN fans?), i understand this may be really hard, but please try to still pick just one...

from reading various forums here, my estimate would be there are maybe 5-10 Christine fans, ~20 Lindsey fans, and probably way more than 30-40 Stevie fans that are active at least occasionally... but i might be completely off.

ButterCookie 03-08-2012 07:50 PM

I feel like a member of a cult sometimes :laugh: 10 of us dancing around Christine Perfect.

HomerMcvie 03-08-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 1042776)
I feel like a member of a cult sometimes :laugh: 10 of us dancing around Christine Perfect.

Yeah, I always feel like Steve E. fans start these polls, so that she can win...:mad:

But WE know who the heart of FM is...;)

jbrownsjr 03-08-2012 08:05 PM

Love all three together.. but I miss and love Christine..

elle 03-08-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 1042776)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1042777)
Yeah, I always feel like Steve E. fans start these polls, so that she can win...:mad:

But WE know who the heart of FM is...;)

thanks to both of you for playing! :)

i was looking at the numbers of people voting in MSB's polls here, people voting in the SN forum poll about what her next step will be (~80 i think?), plus comparing 49 people voting on lindsey's tusk songs so far, vs the maximum number of people voting in any recently created poll in lindsey forum (41)... and was just curious. so figure i should ask!:shrug:

SteveMacD 03-08-2012 08:14 PM

I did a poll about 12-13 years ago to decide the favorite all-time member of Fleetwood Mac. John McVie won!

elle 03-08-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1042780)
I did a poll about 12-13 years ago to decide the favorite all-time member of Fleetwood Mac. John McVie won!

for some reason, that doesn't surprise me!:laugh:

there may have been even the same poll as this one some time in the last number of years? but membership seems to be changing a lot so thought it would be interesting to find out current state.:nod: although not sure how many people from stevie forum are reading the rumours one...

HomerMcvie 03-08-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1042782)
for some reason, that doesn't surprise me!:laugh:

there may have been even the same poll as this one some time in the last number of years? but membership seems to be changing a lot so thought it would be interesting to find out current state.:nod: although not sure how many people from stevie forum are reading the rumours one...

I've been here a long time, and I think the board is more Steve E. oriented than ever...

ButterCookie 03-08-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1042783)
I've been here a long time, and I think the board is more Steve E. oriented than ever...

1) I just noticed that Americans say orientated differently to Brits. Wow. I've never said oriented in my life.
2) Calm down and come back to the dark side. These chants won't chant themselves!

louielouie2000 03-08-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1042783)

Really? Doesn't seem that way to me.

Regarding my favorite? That's kinda complex. Christine is probably the highest quality of the group, and Lindsey is probably the most talented in the technical sense. Stevie is without a doubt the weakest link, the most erratic & irregular, yet she'll always be my emotional fav of the lot.

bluefox4000 03-08-2012 08:46 PM

Do you even have to ask me????:lol: It's Lindsey. I remember seeing the Dance and at first not being that impressed. But when Lindsey kicked into ISA, that was it. I just clicked with him. I gradually came to appreciate the entire band.....but the catalyst was always Lindsey. He was always nice to look at too.

Mick

HejiraNYC 03-08-2012 08:56 PM

Oh, why do you do this to yourself? It's obvious where this is headed. Chiffon for the win.

Artemis 03-08-2012 08:59 PM

Far and away, Stevie Nicks. She doesn't have the best voice in the band, or the most technical knowledge, but that's part of her charm.

On Ice 03-08-2012 09:01 PM

All three have had their ups and downs, Christine without a doubt being the most consistent, but not always the most interesting. Lindsey, is just pure, raw talent and the band's main artistic presence. Stevie, though gets my vote simply for being so unique, the largest (vastly untapped) material catalogue and when her voice was hot, she couldn't be beat. She has also proven to be the most sustainable although inconsistent, presence.

elle 03-08-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HejiraNYC (Post 1042790)
Oh, why do you do this to yourself? It's obvious where this is headed. Chiffon for the win.

:laugh: maybe other chiffonheads are too busy over in SN forum? maybe they don't even know there are other forums here?:p :angel: