The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LB and CM album on the UK and US charts (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57264)

James89 06-18-2017 12:34 AM

LB and CM album on the UK and US charts

The numbers are in!

So the album has debuted officially at #5 on the UK albums chart which is fantastic! I have to say that showing is slightly unexpected. The sales are also extremely strong on 19,147.

In the US though things are looking less rosy. According to reliable sources the album will debut at #22 on the Billboard 200 on sales of 20,443. This now includes streaming sales which account for just 454 of the sales. If the Billboard 200 still worked the way it used to without streaming, the album would be at #6 with sales of 19,989. In my opinion the Billboard 200 does not truly reflect what people are actually buying and so I think it is unfair. Anyway.

So particularly good in the UK, not so great in the US. Turns out very nearly just as many people in the UK bought the album as in the US.

And there you have it for week 1!

BombaySapphire3 06-18-2017 12:53 AM

22 in the U.S. and people were calling 24KG a flop:shrug:

justcrazylove 06-18-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1212004)

Oh seriously, give it a bloody bone! What are you hoping to achieve with that BS comment.

AncientQueen 06-18-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 (Post 1212004)

As if the U.S. charts are decisive...
Christine and Lindsey have a strong worldwide fanbase.

Buckingham McVie charting this week:
Australian Albums: 21
Belgian Albums: 13
Dutch Albums: 14
German Albums: 27
Irish Albums: 9
New Zealand Albums: 22
Norwegian Albums : 31
Scottish Albums: 2
Swedish Albums: 28
UK Albums: 5

You may want to compare that to 24KGs chart success, which you can find here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Kar...from_the_Vault

ViscountViktor 06-18-2017 02:41 AM

Thanks James.

Bloody streaming.

Anyone in the US know why it hasn't picked up much there?

iamnotafraid 06-18-2017 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViscountViktor (Post 1212008)

Anyone in the US know why it hasn't picked up much there?

3 Clues...

1. 67 - 73.
2. What's in a name?
3. Goatless.

FuzzyPlum 06-18-2017 03:45 AM

Christine did a fair old media blitz in the UK; BBC Radio 2, Later with Jools Holland, BBC Breakfast, The One Show. Apart from Fallon, did they do much TV in the US? Yes, they did lots of magazine/newspaper interviews but so few people actually read these days. Its all about TV/Internet. If the UK was all about Christine, Lindsey hasn't really pulled his weight in the US. That said, I'm sure he's been focusing his time prepping for the live shows- both BM and Mac- I imagine much of the responsibility for all that falls on him.

lennonfan 06-18-2017 06:59 AM

Red Sun should have been serviced to every top 40 station throughout the US as it's our season for vacation and heading to the Ocean. The promo has been far better in the UK.

John Run 06-18-2017 07:36 AM

Red Sun would have got exactly zero spins at top 40 radio stations in the US.

As for the usual insecure troll that needs to drop in with their divisive BS, I am sure it makes a lonely insignificant life feel more fulfilled. There is no need for it just as I find the LB/FM disiciples negative anti Stevi crap to be nothing more than monkey's throwing crap at each other in their own cage.

Enjoy the continued creative output from these 5 iconic masters of their craft who are most likely in the final 2 to 7 years of their fabulously success careers.

bwboy 06-18-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientQueen (Post 1212007)
As if the U.S. charts are decisive...
Christine and Lindsey have a strong worldwide fanbase.

Buckingham McVie charting this week:
Australian Albums: 21
Belgian Albums: 13
Dutch Albums: 14
German Albums: 27
Irish Albums: 9
New Zealand Albums: 22
Norwegian Albums : 31
Scottish Albums: 2
Swedish Albums: 28
UK Albums: 5

You may want to compare that to 24KGs chart success, which you can find here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Kar...from_the_Vault

Two comments-

1) A lot of musicians DO base their success on how the album or singles do in the US. They see that as a strong barometer of their success.

2) While I'm sure the artist is happy their album does well in other countries, as a fan, I really only care how they do in America. If they go to #1 in the UK, that's great, but I really want the artist to sell well here in the US.

Having said that, I think it's great the album hit #22 here in America. It did about what I expected and is nothing to sneeze at. Radio has changed so much since 1990 that I'm always surprised when artists like Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks hit the top 10, let alone top 20. Unfortunately, since radio isn't playing any of the singles from the album, it has already hit it's peak, but at least we got some tv performances and lots of interviews and reviews out of it.

AncientQueen 06-18-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwboy (Post 1212016)
Two comments-

1) A lot of musicians DO base their success on how the album or singles do in the US. They see that as a strong barometer of their success.

2) While I'm sure the artist is happy their album does well in other countries, as a fan, I really only care how they do in America. If they go to #1 in the UK, that's great, but I really want the artist to sell well here in the US.

1) Part of the band is still british.
2) As a fan, it is irrelevant. You speak as an USAmerican fan here. As an european fan, I have another point of view, but together, we represent alot of the english speaking album buying part of the world :).

BombaySapphire3 06-18-2017 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justcrazylove (Post 1212005)
Oh seriously, give it a bloody bone! What are you hoping to achieve with that BS comment.

It is no more BS than calling a U.S. top ten album of rerecorded vault songs a flop which has been stated numerous times by more than on person on this forum .Glad it is doing well in the U.K. and Europe .I actually like most of the album.

BombaySapphire3 06-18-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Run (Post 1212014)

As for the usual insecure troll that needs to drop in with their divisive BS, I am sure it makes a lonely insignificant life feel more fulfilled. There is no need for it just as I find the LB/FM disiciples negative anti Stevi crap to be nothing more than monkey's throwing crap at each other in their own cage.

I am a psychiatric nurse who works with the disenfranchised .I like to say that my job is to comfort the disturbed and to disturb the comfortable.I would not call that insignificant .What are you a used car salesman?

HomerMcvie 06-18-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamnotafraid (Post 1212009)
3 Clues...

1. 67 - 73.
2. What's in a name?
3. Goatless.

I just about spit up my morning TAB on #3. Thanks for making a better start to my day!:nod:

#1 is probably the biggest thing. The record buying public is young, and while they do have a segment there, the lion's share of their fanbase is probably 40+.

BLY 06-18-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie (Post 1212020)
I just about spit up my morning TAB on #3. Thanks for making a better start to my day!:nod:

#1 is probably the biggest thing. The record buying public is young, and while they do have a segment there, the lion's share of their fanbase is probably 40+.

I think it's #2. It's all in the name.